Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Akinde.... 16:20 - Jan 23 with 1538 viewsCambonbleu

Why hasn't anyone at a higher level taken a punt on him?

Why wouldn't we?

Big, scores goals, quick - though he rarely gets a mention. Every time I've seen him he's really impressed. He scores such a high percentage of Barnet's goals he surely should turn some heads?

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

John Akinde.... on 16:24 - Jan 23 with 1516 viewsCaptainObvious

good shout - if only for the opportunity to sing "It's Akinde magic"

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

John Akinde.... on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 1497 viewsTIB

Think he's getting on a bit and when he's played at other clubs he hasn't cut it. Think Barnet just suits him perfectly.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

John Akinde.... on 17:41 - Jan 23 with 1363 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

John Akinde.... on 16:26 - Jan 23 by TIB

Think he's getting on a bit and when he's played at other clubs he hasn't cut it. Think Barnet just suits him perfectly.

This

I watched him regularly at Dagenham and he was sh1te if I'm honest. Barnet is his main and only success

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

John Akinde.... on 18:00 - Jan 23 with 1324 viewsTIB

John Akinde.... on 17:41 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

This

I watched him regularly at Dagenham and he was sh1te if I'm honest. Barnet is his main and only success

Exactly. Fair play, he's on fire there, but every other club he's been too he's not cut it...saying that, maybe he's a late bloomer...could say same for Murphy

John Akinde.... on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 1295 viewsuefacup81

Was chatting with a Barnet-supporting mate about Akinde and Bogle at the weekend, and we reckon that things have been quiet as clubs are trying to keep their powder dry and prevent a bidding war.

A bid now would give Barnet/Grimsby ample time to let other clubs know how much Club A has bid, and try and drum up interest. If a club waits until the 30th/31st then it's less likely (if the club is resigned to selling) that they'll end up in an auction.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

John Akinde.... on 18:38 - Jan 23 with 1256 viewsTIB

John Akinde.... on 18:11 - Jan 23 by uefacup81

Was chatting with a Barnet-supporting mate about Akinde and Bogle at the weekend, and we reckon that things have been quiet as clubs are trying to keep their powder dry and prevent a bidding war.

A bid now would give Barnet/Grimsby ample time to let other clubs know how much Club A has bid, and try and drum up interest. If a club waits until the 30th/31st then it's less likely (if the club is resigned to selling) that they'll end up in an auction.

That makes sense to be fair. I imagine there may be some late bids for Ollie Watkins at Exeter...he looks a real talent.

John Akinde.... on 19:59 - Jan 23 with 1176 viewsgreyhound

FUnny you should put this. I actually went to watch Barnet on Saturday. They played decent football liking to play the ball forward. Akinde really stood out though as a real unit. Commanded the front line and was always working his way into the box.

Newport county goalkeeper pulled off a couple of top class saves as well. Could see him going up a division

Was randomly stood with 2 other Ipswich fans from bury st Edmunds who landed at Barnet by default after all the frozen pitches!
John Akinde.... on 22:02 - Jan 23 with 1058 viewsuefacup81

John Akinde.... on 19:59 - Jan 23 by greyhound

FUnny you should put this. I actually went to watch Barnet on Saturday. They played decent football liking to play the ball forward. Akinde really stood out though as a real unit. Commanded the front line and was always working his way into the box.

Newport county goalkeeper pulled off a couple of top class saves as well. Could see him going up a division

Was randomly stood with 2 other Ipswich fans from bury st Edmunds who landed at Barnet by default after all the frozen pitches!

I was there as well, courtesy of the free tickets blunder. South Terrace right behind the goal. Agree about the Newport keeper winning them the point. Thought the referee was abysmal though, not just his decision-making, but his complete apathy about the state of the pitch in the south-west corner. I took a closer look after the match and it was just a sheet of ice!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024