Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Shaw 21:01 - Feb 22 with 1666 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Don't know if there has already been a thread on this but why is This bloke still getting sympathy votes. I awfully understand that it was funny and he got carried away. However,what he did was against the rules of the game and totally overshadowed Sutton big night. He's just an idiot.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wayne Shaw on 21:05 - Feb 22 with 1633 viewspeterleeblue

Iv read this one over and over and I just don't get the fuss. It was pathetic wasn't it.
on 08:01 - Feb 23 with 1395 views_

Wayne Shaw on 08:06 - Feb 23 with 1382 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 08:01 - Feb 23 by _

Probably still registered for them because he spent three nights a week sleeping on a sofa, was the clubs grasscutting groundsman, helped in the bar during the week and was the clubs go to man for charity and community events.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 08:09 - Feb 23 with 1370 views_

Wayne Shaw on 08:06 - Feb 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Probably still registered for them because he spent three nights a week sleeping on a sofa, was the clubs grasscutting groundsman, helped in the bar during the week and was the clubs go to man for charity and community events.

Wayne Shaw on 08:13 - Feb 23 with 1343 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 08:09 - Feb 23 by _

Oh yeah so it is.

He is the groundsman though and does deal with the pitch. Not sure what he does with it though as you are correct in it being plastic

I assume it's so that they don't have to pay the wages of a sub keeper and he can also help out around the club and perhaps be a coach. If injuries occur, he comes on.

Of course the last bit is a guess

on 08:20 - Feb 23 with 1324 views_

Wayne Shaw on 08:13 - Feb 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh yeah so it is.

He is the groundsman though and does deal with the pitch. Not sure what he does with it though as you are correct in it being plastic

I assume it's so that they don't have to pay the wages of a sub keeper and he can also help out around the club and perhaps be a coach. If injuries occur, he comes on.

Of course the last bit is a guess

Wayne Shaw on 08:27 - Feb 23 with 1279 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 08:20 - Feb 23 by _

Sutton aren't that low as to have random youths in on the bench.

They are dagenhams league (beat Dagenham there 2-1 actually) which is the conference premier. A fair few of the conference aides would beat two thirds of the league 2 teams.

As I said, he was probably just a cheap alternative to go alongside his role of helping around the club and all his community work.

The whole thing is very dodgy I think. It's terrible that there was even a marker on it just because he was a bit big. Offensive really.

on 08:32 - Feb 23 with 1249 views_

Wayne Shaw on 08:27 - Feb 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Sutton aren't that low as to have random youths in on the bench.

They are dagenhams league (beat Dagenham there 2-1 actually) which is the conference premier. A fair few of the conference aides would beat two thirds of the league 2 teams.

As I said, he was probably just a cheap alternative to go alongside his role of helping around the club and all his community work.

The whole thing is very dodgy I think. It's terrible that there was even a marker on it just because he was a bit big. Offensive really.

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Shaw on 08:36 - Feb 23 with 1227 viewsVaughan8

Didn't he come out and say "a few friends had a bet" etc etc. Is this not where he went wrong?

If he just denied any knowledge of it (which we all know would have been BS) would he not have been OK?

It was a silly thing to do in hindsight and has overshadowed the whole tie. Sunbet must have been in on this. They are getting loads of publicity now!
Wayne Shaw on 08:44 - Feb 23 with 1187 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 08:32 - Feb 23 by _

You have a couple of friends who manage in the conference? Fair play

Majority won't I agree. I'm just saying that they're probably trying to cut costs and use him whilst he's primarily there for his other uses such as helping around the club.

You'd like to think so. I think the issue was that he told talksport that he was aware of it and knew a few of his mates had had a bet and so had some of the fans for a bit of fun. I doubt they will. As even though it's a dodgy market morally, there's nothing that the gambling commission investigation could legally throw at them.

Someone on twitter on those request a bet skybet things asked them today if they'd do a market on poor Bradley lowery having 'Over 2.5 months to live'. Fooking dreadful. I'd skybet wanted, they could run a market on it. Of course they won't as it's morally wrong and they know the publicity it would get would be bad but they wouldn't get in trouble officially though over it. Same with this situation unfortunately.

Wayne Shaw on 08:46 - Feb 23 with 1178 viewsParsley

Wayne Shaw on 08:36 - Feb 23 by Vaughan8

Didn't he come out and say "a few friends had a bet" etc etc. Is this not where he went wrong?

If he just denied any knowledge of it (which we all know would have been BS) would he not have been OK?

It was a silly thing to do in hindsight and has overshadowed the whole tie. Sunbet must have been in on this. They are getting loads of publicity now!

I think the whole idea of taking odds on something like that is strange. As soon as he knows about it, whether he eats a pie or not he is effectively deciding who wins.
Wayne Shaw on 08:55 - Feb 23 with 1137 viewsFtnfwest

Wayne Shaw on 08:36 - Feb 23 by Vaughan8

I can't quite understand the whole thing. If he'd merely said he was going to eat the pie and the bet was just about whether it was shown on screen or not would that have been an issue? Appreciate that's not what they 'cooked up' so to speak.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024