Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? 13:46 - Mar 19 with 1127 viewsTheBlueBarca

As a person I have a lot of time for Mick, I do think he's honest and has done his best but I do think he should be the one to call time on things now. I would if I were him, even if it meant losing money because if he ends up being the one manager to finally take Ipswich out of the top two tiers of English football since 1957, his reputation will be severely damaged (and not Evans, lets face it.)

I understand the argument that we don't want to rock the boat either, so why not be sensible and rather than rush out and get another new manager, bring Joe Royle in to look after the side until the end of the season? He will set the team up to keep us up, get the players in his starting 11 fighting (because if we are honest with the likes of Berra, Chambo and co off anyway, they have no reason to fight as things stand) and he will be a helpful head when it comes to recruiting a decent successor.

Joe Royle would do the job if asked and he's helped out both Everton and Oldham in recent years. He's a safe pair of hands, loves this club and would be a popular move for the short term buying Evans some time to go out there and find the right manager for this club to work within his budget and restrictions.

Just my thoughts, I know it won't happen. I am utterly despairing because this feels like the end for me. The idea of us struggling to get out of the 3rd Division for year on year with gates of 5k is depressing beyond belief.

Evans what have you done... to save a pound today you've sold your tomorrow.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 13:47]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 13:54 - Mar 19 with 1098 viewshoppy

Isn't he currently in a role of some kind at Everton now? I thought he was, although I may be wrong.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 13:55 - Mar 19 with 1093 viewsBluefish

We could sing Mark fish and finish 15th again. Definitely be worth it to move up 2 places

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 1070 viewshoppy

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 13:55 - Mar 19 by Bluefish

We could sing Mark fish and finish 15th again. Definitely be worth it to move up 2 places

We've not had loads to sing about recently, so possibly not a bad idea...

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 10:29 - Mar 20 with 889 viewscoolcat

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 13:55 - Mar 19 by Bluefish

Relatively new fan (4yrs) compared to some on here. Just looked up Mark Fish - 45 minutes? Wow!
A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 868 viewshoppy

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 10:29 - Mar 20 by coolcat

Relatively new fan (4yrs) compared to some on here. Just looked up Mark Fish - 45 minutes? Wow!

The only player I've ever seen retire during a game.

A reasonable way out...? Joe Royle? on 15:35 - Mar 20 with 729 viewsMach_foreignBlue

By far the best manager we've had during last 15 years. Really miss him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024