Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd 10:37 - May 3 with 2622 viewsdavblue

Pathetic.
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:40 - May 3 with 2606 viewsfranco

We got one for finishing third !
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:42 - May 3 with 2596 viewsBluebell

As Norwich fans would say ...

" A trophy! Let's book the open top bus"
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:53 - May 3 with 2556 viewsdavblue

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:40 - May 3 by franco

Ridiculous also!
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:54 - May 3 with 2557 viewsEastTownBlue

That was introduced because the play off winners receive a trophy. Second place used to get nothing while a team finishing in sixth did.
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:01 - May 3 with 2544 viewsSWGF

Saw this morning that there's a book being published about Newcastle's promotion this season (when they're potentially finishing second despite having the largest wage bill in Championship history).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:04 - May 3 with 2534 viewstaximan

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:54 - May 3 by EastTownBlue

That was introduced because the play off winners receive a trophy. Second place used to get nothing while a team finishing in sixth did.

i'm guessing because the play off winners have won something ?

just give everyone a trophy for taking part, that way nobody can feel left out
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:50 - May 3 with 2462 viewsSwansea_Blue

Participants

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:53 - May 3 with 2441 viewsLightningboy

Should get runners up medals - a trophy is laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:54 - May 3 with 2438 viewsPinewoodblue

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:40 - May 3 by franco

Thought the trophy was for winning the play off final, not for coming third.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:57 - May 3 with 2431 viewshoppy

Really? How long has that been a thing?

I know the play-off winners get one, but even that I don't think is right. They've possibly finished 6th in the league, have been given the opportunity to overcome the team finishing 3rd, get a trophy, when the only prize really should be that they have gained promotion.

Our eldest lad last night played in the Suffolk Youth Football League Under 16 Division 2 Shield final for Whitton United U16 White, winning 4-0 against Chantry Grasshoppers and they didn't even have a trophy for it, and as I understand it, won't even get one at a later point, despite winning the thing.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 12:40 - May 3 with 2376 viewsBadgerBajner

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 11:01 - May 3 by SWGF

Saw this morning that there's a book being published about Newcastle's promotion this season (when they're potentially finishing second despite having the largest wage bill in Championship history).

Only 7 Premiership clubs have a higher wage bill than Newcastle!
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 14:19 - May 3 with 2293 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've always felt they giving a trophy to three playoff winners is weird. In the early days there was just a huge celebration. Remember Palace beating Blackburn at Selhurst Park in 1989 3-0 after losing the first leg 2-0. No trophy, just a massive pitch invasion. Much better, more spontaneous and less contrived than a meaningless trophy presentation.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 15:28 - May 3 with 2243 viewsbritbiker

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:42 - May 3 by Bluebell

Saw on TV last night the Bolton players being paraded in front of the Town Hall. Bit cringey. I could of understanded if it was the first time they had achieved promotion to the championship.
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:48 - May 3 with 2197 viewsstrikalite

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 14:19 - May 3 by The_Last_Baron

I've always felt they giving a trophy to three playoff winners is weird. In the early days there was just a huge celebration. Remember Palace beating Blackburn at Selhurst Park in 1989 3-0 after losing the first leg 2-0. No trophy, just a massive pitch invasion. Much better, more spontaneous and less contrived than a meaningless trophy presentation.

Agree, you finish second over a season and get nothing(or did), yet you could finish 6th some 20 points possibly behind and get a day out at Wembley with a bloody great trophy, yeah that's really fair..
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:50 - May 3 with 2192 viewsm14_blue

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:48 - May 3 by strikalite

Agree, you finish second over a season and get nothing(or did), yet you could finish 6th some 20 points possibly behind and get a day out at Wembley with a bloody great trophy, yeah that's really fair..

You get promoted though....
I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:53 - May 3 with 2186 viewshoppy

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 10:42 - May 3 by Bluebell

Just re-reading this thread, I noticed you spelt

"As Norwich fans would say ...

" A throw-in! Let's book the open top bus"

wrongly.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:57 - May 3 with 2170 viewsSwansea_Blue

I noticed this morning Bolton got a trophy for finishing 2nd on 16:53 - May 3 by hoppy

Just re-reading this thread, I noticed you spelt

"As Norwich fans would say ...

" A throw-in! Let's book the open top bus"

wrongly.

Credit where credit is due. It can't be easy coordinating an extra digit on each hand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024