Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 13:39 - May 7 with 4916 viewsOsborneOneNil

Has he actually touched the ball? Or is he too busy being an excellent defensive midfielder and protecting our defence?
Cole Skuse on 13:40 - May 7 with 3025 viewsLankHenners

Made several excellent interceptions and balls forward in the first half. Like the rest of his teammates, disappeared after we went a goal down.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cole Skuse on 13:41 - May 7 with 3009 viewsTractorWood

He started the game really well but has faded to his standard sideways, vanishing act. MM compared him to Deschamps earlier in the week.......

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cole Skuse on 13:42 - May 7 with 2990 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 13:40 - May 7 by LankHenners

Made several excellent interceptions and balls forward in the first half. Like the rest of his teammates, disappeared after we went a goal down.

Ok, cheers.
Cole Skuse on 13:44 - May 7 with 2961 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 13:41 - May 7 by TractorWood

He started the game really well but has faded to his standard sideways, vanishing act. MM compared him to Deschamps earlier in the week.......

I'm no fan of Skuse but it's a bit of a stretch to say McCarthy 'compared him to Deschamps'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cole Skuse on 13:46 - May 7 with 2933 viewsVaughan8

Cole Skuse on 13:44 - May 7 by clive_baker

I'm no fan of Skuse but it's a bit of a stretch to say McCarthy 'compared him to Deschamps'.

He could play in the Premier league as well apparently......

His comments in the week re save and Skuse being similar tells me Mick will never change. Skuse will play every game and he does very little.
Cole Skuse on 13:59 - May 7 with 2865 viewsbraveblue

He is useless. Has been for years. One of our biggest problems.
Cole Skuse on 14:00 - May 7 with 2844 viewsTractorWood

Cole Skuse on 13:44 - May 7 by clive_baker

I'm being flippant, of course. Manager needs to stop waxing lyrical and start using his eyes.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cole Skuse on 14:01 - May 7 with 2819 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 13:59 - May 7 by braveblue

I've had stick for defending Skuse on here. But it's because of stupid, divtastic comments like this that I'll continue to do it.

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse on 14:05 - May 7 with 2784 viewsbraveblue

Cole Skuse on 14:01 - May 7 by LankHenners

I've had stick for defending Skuse on here. But it's because of stupid, divtastic comments like this that I'll continue to do it.

Sorry he is brilliant. You can tell by how good our midfield is with him in it. Our only good run of results this season was when he was injured. Tell me what he brings to the team then you div of the first degree.
Cole Skuse on 14:12 - May 7 with 2739 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 14:05 - May 7 by braveblue

Sorry he is brilliant. You can tell by how good our midfield is with him in it. Our only good run of results this season was when he was injured. Tell me what he brings to the team then you div of the first degree.

I can't be arsed to go through it all again but if you can't see the value of someone who has been a mainstay in a team that completed 3 top 10 finishes in a row you never will.

Sure, he's underperformed this season, but so has (bar a couple of exceptions) pretty much everyone else in the squad.

Cole Skuse on 14:30 - May 7 with 2679 viewsneilvanlimbeek

Cole Skuse on 13:41 - May 7 by TractorWood

I'd compare him to Glenn Pennyfather
Cole Skuse on 14:32 - May 7 with 2658 viewsbraveblue

Cole Skuse on 14:12 - May 7 by LankHenners

I can't be arsed to go through it all again but if you can't see the value of someone who has been a mainstay in a team that completed 3 top 10 finishes in a row you never will.

Sure, he's underperformed this season, but so has (bar a couple of exceptions) pretty much everyone else in the squad.

And that is why we are where we are. The attitude that he is no worse than anyone else means he should be in the team every week. Worst finish in 50 years but not too worry they are all good players!! If you cant be arsed then don't reply.
Cole Skuse on 14:36 - May 7 with 2630 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 14:32 - May 7 by braveblue

And that is why we are where we are. The attitude that he is no worse than anyone else means he should be in the team every week. Worst finish in 50 years but not too worry they are all good players!! If you cant be arsed then don't reply.

Your inability to read things confirms why it's not worth my time typing out a proper reply.

Cole Skuse on 14:37 - May 7 with 2622 viewsbraveblue

Cole Skuse on 14:36 - May 7 by LankHenners

Your inability to read things confirms why it's not worth my time typing out a proper reply.

Well don't reply!!
Cole Skuse on 14:41 - May 7 with 2585 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 14:12 - May 7 by LankHenners

Henners, he's poor mate. Impossible to defend.
Cole Skuse on 14:42 - May 7 with 2586 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Cole Skuse on 13:40 - May 7 by LankHenners

his mum/agent/partner/no1 fan speaks! hes crap and one of the biggest reasons we are so poor, but never mind Skusey is a proper bloke and 1st name on MM'S team sheet.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Cole Skuse on 14:43 - May 7 with 2567 viewsSmithy

I'm not a fan of Hyam but think he offers more than Skuse

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Cole Skuse on 14:44 - May 7 with 2552 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 14:41 - May 7 by OsborneOneNil

Henners, he's poor mate. Impossible to defend.

We'll never agree on this I don't think. In any case, we'll need to buy a younger defensive midfielder at some point otherwise our midfield looks incredibly light weight as the rest of the squad ages.

Hyam doesn't count - he really is awful.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 14:45]

Cole Skuse on 14:45 - May 7 with 2534 viewsSuperfrans

Cole Skuse on 14:01 - May 7 by LankHenners

There is a strain of football fan who can't articulate themselves adequately - so a player is either brilliant or useless. I wouldn't sweat it too much. I genuinley just feel sympathy.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Cole Skuse on 15:13 - May 7 with 2459 viewsbraveblue

Cole Skuse on 14:45 - May 7 by Superfrans

There is a strain of football fan who can't articulate themselves adequately - so a player is either brilliant or useless. I wouldn't sweat it too much. I genuinley just feel sympathy.

Incorrect and assumptive. I genuinely believe he is one of our biggest problems. Centre of midfield is pivotal and he has one goal and a few assists in three seasons!! Add to that he sits in front of the defence - for the second half of the season that has been three central defenders - and we still concede. the question is simple - what does he bring to the team. He is useless - not average, not off form, not developing - just useless.
Cole Skuse on 15:53 - May 7 with 2378 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse on 15:13 - May 7 by braveblue

Incorrect and assumptive. I genuinely believe he is one of our biggest problems. Centre of midfield is pivotal and he has one goal and a few assists in three seasons!! Add to that he sits in front of the defence - for the second half of the season that has been three central defenders - and we still concede. the question is simple - what does he bring to the team. He is useless - not average, not off form, not developing - just useless.

Looking at how (most) visiting teams @ PR have controlled the midfield & Town have played much of the game in their own half one should be very concerend that those in the stands can see this deficiency but the people managing the team can't.

The fact that visiting teams have controlled midfield has been the cause of the number of goals Town have conceded at home these last two season.
Cole Skuse on 15:55 - May 7 with 2366 viewsSuperfrans

Cole Skuse on 15:13 - May 7 by braveblue

You've just confirmed my point. He's not useless. He's one dimensional, a central midfielder who does a reasonable job. He isn't box to box, he isn't a goalscorer or a creative outlet.

But we're a middling Championship side, with a middling Championship squad, built on a middling Championhsip budget. He's what you get if you're a club of that stature.

There is absolutely zero point expecting him to be Kante, or Carrick, or Dier, or whoever you want him to be. We're not in that league right now.

Cole Skuse on 16:01 - May 7 with 2348 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse on 15:55 - May 7 by Superfrans

You've just confirmed my point. He's not useless. He's one dimensional, a central midfielder who does a reasonable job. He isn't box to box, he isn't a goalscorer or a creative outlet.

But we're a middling Championship side, with a middling Championship squad, built on a middling Championhsip budget. He's what you get if you're a club of that stature.

There is absolutely zero point expecting him to be Kante, or Carrick, or Dier, or whoever you want him to be. We're not in that league right now.

Be honest, looking at Towns goals against & home results you have to admit MM playing CS at midfiled CB has NOT been a success.
Most team managers/ coaches would have abandoned this fiasco a long time ago
Cole Skuse on 16:04 - May 7 with 2338 viewsDeano69

Cole Skuse on 13:59 - May 7 by braveblue

not even in the top 5 of our problems

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Cole Skuse on 16:05 - May 7 with 2336 viewsSuperfrans

Cole Skuse on 16:01 - May 7 by No9

Be honest, looking at Towns goals against & home results you have to admit MM playing CS at midfiled CB has NOT been a success.
Most team managers/ coaches would have abandoned this fiasco a long time ago

I'm not sure I understand your point...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024