Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) 07:22 - May 18 with 2602 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/18/the-snap-may-manifesto-time-dea
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:31 - May 18 with 2550 viewsGlasgowBlue

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/405137/3606073/macron-emails-leaked/#post3606073

And people still say this is a right wing government?

The death tax, energy price cap, workers representatives on company boards, an end to the triple lock guarantee on pensions.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:44 - May 18 with 2551 viewsblue_oyster

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:31 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

The death tax, energy price cap, workers representatives on company boards, an end to the triple lock guarantee on pensions.

People must be really confused by the BBC. They are left wing, but support the Tories? No, wait...

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:46 - May 18 with 2545 viewsWD19

Could be worse. Could be a penny in the pound on income tax for the lowest paid in society......lets call it a 'poor tax' if you like.
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:50 - May 18 with 2538 viewsstickymockwell

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:31 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

And scraping free school dinners for infants

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:53 - May 18 with 2498 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:50 - May 18 by stickymockwell

Only for those who can afford it . The poorest pupils continue to get free school meals.

In its place will be free school breakfasts. The most important meal in the day.

Iron Lion Zion

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 08:25 - May 18 with 2486 viewsbritbiker

We already have a grave robbers tax. My dad died in December. He had 30k in savings, 15k of which was in an isa to allow mum to pay off the 15k mortgage on his death. He was nearly blind and couldn't hear without aids and was in and out of hospital for a lot of his last 5 years. He was housebound for the last year. I have just acted as executor for his estate and am finally ready to transfer his savings to mum as sole beneficiary. Just got letters from dept of work and pensions stating he was receiving £82 per month pension credit due to low income. Based on the fact he had more than £10k savings at death they will now reclaim money from the estate. Dad only saved in the last few years as he couldn't go out and spend. If he had spent the money this would not be an issue. So remember big brother is watching you and don't bother to save, just enjoy every penny now, which goes against everything I have strived to do. And lastly dwp act like God. I can't finalise the estate, which is my duty bound as an executor until they get their act together which still appears to be months away.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 10:38]
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 08:37 - May 18 with 2468 viewsHerbivore

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:44 - May 18 by blue_oyster

People must be really confused by the BBC. They are left wing, but support the Tories? No, wait...

The BBC are left wing? You really do love piloting your own private roflcopter, don't you?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 08:45 - May 18 with 2452 viewsElderGrizzly

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:46 - May 18 by WD19

Could be worse. Could be a penny in the pound on income tax for the lowest paid in society......lets call it a 'poor tax' if you like.

Everyone needs to pay more if they want decent public services. The rich should just pay a higher price and they would under our proposals
Login to get fewer ads

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 09:06 - May 18 with 2409 viewsDarth_Koont

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 08:45 - May 18 by ElderGrizzly

Everyone needs to pay more if they want decent public services. The rich should just pay a higher price and they would under our proposals

Isn't this where you should be accused of being a Trotskyite?

Of course, I agree that this is still a fairly centrist policy in a modern, civilized country. I support higher tax wholeheartedly as the mature response to the difficulties facing UK society - and all of us who feel part of it.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 09:51 - May 18 with 2349 viewsBlueBadger

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 08:37 - May 18 by Herbivore

The BBC are left wing? You really do love piloting your own private roflcopter, don't you?

Given that idiots all across the political spectrum have been whinging that the BBC is biased I can only conclude they've probably got it about right.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 10:40 - May 18 with 2292 viewsNo9

It won't affect those at the top will it?
It will only hurt those at the bottom - nothing changes
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 10:43 - May 18 with 2281 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 10:40 - May 18 by No9

It won't affect those at the top will it?
It will only hurt those at the bottom - nothing changes

And yet you voted for it when it was proposed by Miliband's in 2015,

Iron Lion Zion

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 10:45 - May 18 with 2271 viewsNo9

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 10:43 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

And yet you voted for it when it was proposed by Miliband's in 2015,

OK, how do you know what & who I voted for - who told you how I voted?

I don't believe in the cap on energy prices.
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 11:12 - May 18 with 2243 viewsNo9

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:53 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

Only for those who can afford it . The poorest pupils continue to get free school meals.

In its place will be free school breakfasts. The most important meal in the day.

Should not the aim be to erradicate the society that wishes children to have to get free school meals?
Whilst I appreciate it is being done to help young lives I despise politicians who have allowed this to state to exist.
The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 17:17 - May 18 with 2193 viewsHerbivore

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 09:51 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Given that idiots all across the political spectrum have been whinging that the BBC is biased I can only conclude they've probably got it about right.

Not sure I'd agree with that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 20:34 - May 18 with 2140 viewsbournemouthblue

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:50 - May 18 by stickymockwell

and looking to bring back fox hunting

That classic working class sport

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 21:00 - May 18 with 2119 viewsvapour_trail

The Death Tax returns. Just don't call it that..... ;) on 07:53 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

So long as they get their means testing right, this is absolutely sound.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024