Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NK fires missile over Japan 07:24 - Aug 29 with 2532 viewsMJallday

Citizens told to stay indoors. This isn't going to end well is it?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

NK fires missile over Japan on 07:36 - Aug 29 with 2502 viewsnoggin

Some strong words and not much else, I imagine.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

NK fires missile over Japan on 07:58 - Aug 29 with 2450 viewsMJallday

NK fires missile over Japan on 07:36 - Aug 29 by noggin

Some strong words and not much else, I imagine.

Not so sure this time. Japan Is under pressure to do something now (quite what not sure) I think If this had gone over Guam they would have already kicked off

Suspect trump will send a threatening tweet later

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

NK fires missile over Japan on 08:00 - Aug 29 with 2445 viewsNo9

NK fires missile over Japan on 07:58 - Aug 29 by MJallday

Not so sure this time. Japan Is under pressure to do something now (quite what not sure) I think If this had gone over Guam they would have already kicked off

Suspect trump will send a threatening tweet later

Two head of countries with not a brain between them ins't a good scenario is it?
NK fires missile over Japan on 09:42 - Aug 29 with 2333 viewsMJallday

NK fires missile over Japan on 08:00 - Aug 29 by No9

Two head of countries with not a brain between them ins't a good scenario is it?

Bonkers stuff isn't it

Not sure what I'd do tbh. You can't have NK firing off nukes left right and centre, but doing nothing would be wrong? But doing something could result in a nuke war

NK fires missile over Japan on 09:52 - Aug 29 with 2320 viewsGuthrum

At least it didn't land on Japan (even accidentally). The missile test itself sounds like a failure (broke up on reentry, reading between the lines of the news reports).

Next question will be whether they start trying to shoot down these missiles. Altho I think that's quite a significant step, which probably won't be taken yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

NK fires missile over Japan on 13:41 - Aug 29 with 2220 viewsThisIsMyUsername

NK fires missile over Japan on 09:42 - Aug 29 by MJallday

Bonkers stuff isn't it

Not sure what I'd do tbh. You can't have NK firing off nukes left right and centre, but doing nothing would be wrong? But doing something could result in a nuke war

Chinese and South Korean led invasion to overthrow Kim Jong-Un and the regime. Install a pro-South Korean government and reunite the two countries.

Easy this.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

NK fires missile over Japan on 13:54 - Aug 29 with 2176 viewsMJallday

NK fires missile over Japan on 13:41 - Aug 29 by ThisIsMyUsername

Chinese and South Korean led invasion to overthrow Kim Jong-Un and the regime. Install a pro-South Korean government and reunite the two countries.

Easy this.

Chinese are key - if the US could find a way to work with them then this could probably be resolved peacefully

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:10 - Aug 29 with 2136 viewsBluestar

Easy this.

There's no military solution which doesn't include Seoul getting blown to bits.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 14:27]
Login to get fewer ads

NK fires missile over Japan on 14:13 - Aug 29 with 2128 viewsLeoMuff

NK fires missile over Japan on 13:54 - Aug 29 by MJallday

Chinese are key - if the US could find a way to work with them then this could probably be resolved peacefully

They don't want to play ball though, as Kim Jong being power suits them quite well.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

NK fires missile over Japan on 14:38 - Aug 29 with 2095 viewsblue_oyster

Easy this.

Only in a fantasy world (like SnOasis) would the Chinese agree to that.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

NK fires missile over Japan on 15:10 - Aug 29 with 2056 viewsGuthrum

Easy this.

Not going to happen. That scenario is not a good outcome for anyone.

The Chinese do not want a US ally on their border. The Americans do not want SK getting too involved with China. The South Koreans do not want the massive economic liability of reconstructing the North, nor do they want to be beholden to Beijing. Nobody wants a war if it can be avoided.

The Chinese may go in - by themselves - if Pyongyang actually takes aggressive action. But otherwise containment and reduction of tension are the aims.

NK fires missile over Japan on 16:47 - Aug 29 with 1984 viewsThisIsMyUsername

NK fires missile over Japan on 15:10 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

Not going to happen. That scenario is not a good outcome for anyone.

The Chinese do not want a US ally on their border. The Americans do not want SK getting too involved with China. The South Koreans do not want the massive economic liability of reconstructing the North, nor do they want to be beholden to Beijing. Nobody wants a war if it can be avoided.

The Chinese may go in - by themselves - if Pyongyang actually takes aggressive action. But otherwise containment and reduction of tension are the aims.

Yeah that was all going to be my 'on the other hand' post...

Also in theory most of the North would want to flock immediately to the more developed and civilised areas in the South and there would be issues with accommodation and social integration for so many people in what would be a completely foreign land to them.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

NK fires missile over Japan on 16:59 - Aug 29 with 1968 viewsGuthrum

NK fires missile over Japan on 16:47 - Aug 29 by ThisIsMyUsername

Yeah that was all going to be my 'on the other hand' post...

Also in theory most of the North would want to flock immediately to the more developed and civilised areas in the South and there would be issues with accommodation and social integration for so many people in what would be a completely foreign land to them.

The Federal Republic of Germany had real economic and social problems assimilating the former GDR after 1990 (some of which are still echoing even today). That would be nothing on this situation.

Even language in North and South Korea has evolved differently over the last 70-odd years.

NK fires missile over Japan on 22:57 - Aug 29 with 1849 viewsSonOfSpock

NK fires missile over Japan on 09:52 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

At least it didn't land on Japan (even accidentally). The missile test itself sounds like a failure (broke up on reentry, reading between the lines of the news reports).

Next question will be whether they start trying to shoot down these missiles. Altho I think that's quite a significant step, which probably won't be taken yet.

I am surprised that they wouldn't attempt to shoot them down ,are they assuming the missiles will sail over? Sounds a bit risky.
NK fires missile over Japan on 23:04 - Aug 29 with 1831 viewsElderGrizzly

NK fires missile over Japan on 22:57 - Aug 29 by SonOfSpock

I am surprised that they wouldn't attempt to shoot them down ,are they assuming the missiles will sail over? Sounds a bit risky.

They would be worried what it contained. Given the lunacy of N. Korea it could easily have chemical weapons onboard.

Risk assessment would also be likely to miss given trajectory
NK fires missile over Japan on 12:07 - Aug 30 with 1674 viewsNo9

NK fires missile over Japan on 09:42 - Aug 29 by MJallday

Bonkers stuff isn't it

It is not simple. If N. Korea thinks they will be attaked by the USA (by whatever means) do they have the right to defend themselves?
Both leaders are unstable and both countries are being fed media stories to suit their leaders agenda.

We must not forget that Thatcher & Reagan wanted us to beleive there was a feasible place for limited nuclear arms on the battle field.

Only Chernobyl showed them to be a stupid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024