Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it is no coincidence... 18:40 - Sep 29 with 2768 viewsSpruceMoose

...that they're called 'Lad' 'Brokes'. Top trolling. Couldn't be more up front about the certain consequences of gambling!

Seriously though, verminous industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/29/ladbrokes-investigation-payday-l
[Post edited 29 Sep 2017 18:41]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:01 - Sep 29 with 2722 viewsSpruceMoose

34 views and no comments?

I hate you all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:10 - Sep 29 with 2713 viewsJ2BLUE

They need to do far more than slash the maximum bet amount. They need a £50 per hour loss limit. Make everyone who uses them register for a card and impose a maximum loss. I'm sure many people who lose their month's pay are chasing that initial loss. With an hour to put a £50 loss into perspective they'd probably call themselves a tit and walk away. With no limits they can lose the rest of their pay within 5 minutes of that initial loss. We've all had the moment with the red mist where we've lost a load chasing losses.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:12 - Sep 29 with 2703 viewsmos

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:01 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

I hate you all.

You do like attention don't you...

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:16 - Sep 29 with 2692 viewsDubtractor

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:01 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

I hate you all.

Tough gig today eh?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:17 - Sep 29 with 2683 viewsSpruceMoose

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:16 - Sep 29 by Dubtractor

Tough gig today eh?

Tough crowd man, tough crowd. This must be what Van Gogh felt like.

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:25 - Sep 29 with 2662 viewsStokieBlue

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:17 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

Tough crowd man, tough crowd. This must be what Van Gogh felt like.

He was a genius with few peers.

You're a moose.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:28 - Sep 29 with 2656 viewsSpruceMoose

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:25 - Sep 29 by StokieBlue

He was a genius with few peers.

You're a moose.

SB

I have a few piers though. I diversified my portfolio into the leisure and tourism industry a few years back.

I think it is no coincidence... on 20:51 - Sep 29 with 2592 viewsDubtractor

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:28 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

I have a few piers though. I diversified my portfolio into the leisure and tourism industry a few years back.

Did you buy the second pier on Brighton seafront?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

I think it is no coincidence... on 21:10 - Sep 29 with 2559 viewsMullet

I think it is no coincidence... on 20:51 - Sep 29 by Dubtractor

He's a bit late on the pier to pier boom I reckon.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I think it is no coincidence... on 22:50 - Sep 29 with 2496 viewsgmanrom

I think it is no coincidence... on 19:10 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

They need to do far more than slash the maximum bet amount. They need a £50 per hour loss limit. Make everyone who uses them register for a card and impose a maximum loss. I'm sure many people who lose their month's pay are chasing that initial loss. With an hour to put a £50 loss into perspective they'd probably call themselves a tit and walk away. With no limits they can lose the rest of their pay within 5 minutes of that initial loss. We've all had the moment with the red mist where we've lost a load chasing losses.

They would just go up the road to the next shop J2, these machines are killing the industry but they don't care as long as short term they keep the share holders happy. This whole industry is ready to blow up,anyone who has half a clue can't get a bet on for more then pennies. I hope the government do slash the limit right down to £2 as they will have to get back to proper bookmaking.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

I think it is no coincidence... on 23:20 - Sep 29 with 2455 viewsJ2BLUE

I think it is no coincidence... on 22:50 - Sep 29 by gmanrom

They would just go up the road to the next shop J2, these machines are killing the industry but they don't care as long as short term they keep the share holders happy. This whole industry is ready to blow up,anyone who has half a clue can't get a bet on for more then pennies. I hope the government do slash the limit right down to £2 as they will have to get back to proper bookmaking.

Not if there was a universal card which all machines had to accept. Of course people could borrow a mate's card etc and could get round it but for a lot of impulse betting it would stop people losing fortunes. The bookies will obviously fight this to the death as their survival probably depends on it.

There's a story on BBC about Kyle Lafferty. He was addicted to gambling and most bookies were throwing free bets at him to keep him coming back. One unnamed bookie did see he had a problem and closed this account though which I found interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 06:16 - Sep 30 with 2381 views_

I think it is no coincidence... on 23:20 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

Not if there was a universal card which all machines had to accept. Of course people could borrow a mate's card etc and could get round it but for a lot of impulse betting it would stop people losing fortunes. The bookies will obviously fight this to the death as their survival probably depends on it.

There's a story on BBC about Kyle Lafferty. He was addicted to gambling and most bookies were throwing free bets at him to keep him coming back. One unnamed bookie did see he had a problem and closed this account though which I found interesting.

I think it is no coincidence... on 13:01 - Sep 30 with 2286 viewsconnorscontract

I think it is no coincidence... on 20:51 - Sep 29 by Dubtractor

Looking at the state of it, that investment could be a drop in the ocean...

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 13:02]
I think it is no coincidence... on 13:16 - Sep 30 with 2263 viewsconnorscontract

The fantastic BBC drama "Broken" had a storyline where a woman committed suicide after racking up debts and stealing from her employer to feed the habit.

Her daughter took a sledgehammer to the machines.

When they replaced them, she did it again.

And then a third time.

Sadly, there haven't been any copycat crimes in real life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024