Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? 12:49 - Apr 26 with 2335 viewsElderGrizzly

Not saying i'd want him here, but Phil said we had also talked to him in his article, so maybe it will force us to act now if Evans wants to go that route.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/26/steven-gerrard-rangers-manager-
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 12:50]
Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 2276 viewsSWGF

As I said yesterday, and someone said earlier, why would Gerrard go there? Surely you're on a hiding to nothing and guaranteed to fail? Not something you'd want on a CV if you're looking to get a foothold in the game, is it?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:06 - Apr 26 with 2233 viewsVic

IF ME has interviewed Gerrard and liked him then I don't get why he'd be talking about an appointment late May/June. If he's good and you like him then make the appointment. I assume from this that he either hasn't interviewed him or wasn't convinced by him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:08 - Apr 26 with 2222 viewsvapour_trail

Forego the due process he spoke about 24 hours ago?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 2201 viewsVic

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:08 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

Forego the due process he spoke about 24 hours ago?

What is 'due process' if the man you really want is out there and willing to come?

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:11 - Apr 26 with 2184 viewsvapour_trail

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:10 - Apr 26 by Vic

What is 'due process' if the man you really want is out there and willing to come?

He doesn’t know though, he said so yesterday.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:13 - Apr 26 with 2177 viewsBecclesITFC

Mad to go there at the moment.
Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:16 - Apr 26 with 2152 viewsVic

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:11 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

He doesn’t know though, he said so yesterday.

Quite - so I reckon its safe to assume that Gerrard is merely social media gossip and isn't seriously the man he's after.

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:18 - Apr 26 with 2140 viewsfactual_blue

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:16 - Apr 26 by Vic

Quite - so I reckon its safe to assume that Gerrard is merely social media gossip and isn't seriously the man he's after.

Most likely, in my opinion, that Stevie or his agent has made his availability know to ME purely as a ploy to wheedle a better offer from Rangers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:03 - Apr 26 with 1921 viewsNo9

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 13:18 - Apr 26 by factual_blue

Most likely, in my opinion, that Stevie or his agent has made his availability know to ME purely as a ploy to wheedle a better offer from Rangers.

You may well be right.
Presently, the Managers job at ITFC is a bit too much for an inexperienced man to take on.
There are a number of problems with staff contracts, scouting & long term injuries & ageing players that will be a challenge for an expereicned man.
& then. would Steve G want to live in Ipswich - it's a hell of a hike to Liverpool from East Anglia.
Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:10 - Apr 26 with 1900 viewsHoppersblue10

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:03 - Apr 26 by No9

You may well be right.
Presently, the Managers job at ITFC is a bit too much for an inexperienced man to take on.
There are a number of problems with staff contracts, scouting & long term injuries & ageing players that will be a challenge for an expereicned man.
& then. would Steve G want to live in Ipswich - it's a hell of a hike to Liverpool from East Anglia.

And the Rangers job is easier..!

As for the Evans interview, my understanding that is around a week ago that interview took place, I am sure many potential candidates have contractual issues to see out over the next few weeks that remain of this season, it's not as if there is any real hurry TBH honest is there?

I am slowly warming to the idea os someone like Gerrard or Lampard, think I would prefer that to the candidates mentioned over the last 24hrs.

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:15 - Apr 26 with 1881 viewsNo9

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:10 - Apr 26 by Hoppersblue10

As for the Evans interview, my understanding that is around a week ago that interview took place, I am sure many potential candidates have contractual issues to see out over the next few weeks that remain of this season, it's not as if there is any real hurry TBH honest is there?

I am slowly warming to the idea os someone like Gerrard or Lampard, think I would prefer that to the candidates mentioned over the last 24hrs.

"I am slowly warming to the idea os someone like Gerrard or Lampard, think I would prefer that to the candidates mentioned over the last 24hrs."

If you mean them or someone of the Journeyman Merry-go round, I would agree.
& I guess being household names they may get enought free advice to stop them falling into mediocrity?
Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:18 - Apr 26 with 1859 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Gerrard - will Rangers interest force Evans' hand? on 17:10 - Apr 26 by Hoppersblue10

It was done before the game on Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024