Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here 10:11 - Aug 7 with 1247 viewsSteve_M

https://nestaquin.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/the-anatomy-of-a-great-test-match/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 10:51 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewschristiand

Steve, I know you're a big cricket fan always posting threads especially when England are playing. What do you think about the selection of Ollie Pope to replace David Malan and would you have included anyone else for this forthcoming second test?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 11:03 - Aug 7 with 1180 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 10:51 - Aug 7 by christiand

Steve, I know you're a big cricket fan always posting threads especially when England are playing. What do you think about the selection of Ollie Pope to replace David Malan and would you have included anyone else for this forthcoming second test?

Malan's game doesn't seem suited to English conditions, which is odd considering it's where he learnt his cricket.

Never seen Pope bat but he's in fine form.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:03 - Aug 7 with 1127 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 10:51 - Aug 7 by christiand

The honest answer is that I don't watch enough county cricket to have very strong opinions here.

Malan I like though, he's been good for Middlesex for years and I thought he did well against SA last Summer and in Australia. He's struggling at the moment but I wouldn't totally rule him out of coming back for England.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 1113 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 11:03 - Aug 7 by Reuser_is_God

Malan's game doesn't seem suited to English conditions, which is odd considering it's where he learnt his cricket.

Never seen Pope bat but he's in fine form.

I have seen a little bit of Pope, he is very similar in stance and batting posture of Ian Bell.

He is another batsman/wicketkeeper.

Boycott said at the start of the summer if the older players fail they have to go to the young lions players, which I agree with. But I wonder if Hildreth at Somerset got a mention, he is 34 in September but still a class act.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 1106 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:07 - Aug 7 by BullardsMagicMullet

I have seen a little bit of Pope, he is very similar in stance and batting posture of Ian Bell.

He is another batsman/wicketkeeper.

Boycott said at the start of the summer if the older players fail they have to go to the young lions players, which I agree with. But I wonder if Hildreth at Somerset got a mention, he is 34 in September but still a class act.

Hildreth has been mentioned for about a decade now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 1104 viewsRadlett_blue

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:03 - Aug 7 by Steve_M

The honest answer is that I don't watch enough county cricket to have very strong opinions here.

Malan I like though, he's been good for Middlesex for years and I thought he did well against SA last Summer and in Australia. He's struggling at the moment but I wouldn't totally rule him out of coming back for England.

Malan did well in Australia, but his technique seems to have been exposed by English-type pitches. This year, he's been out 5 times playing nondescript defensive shots with zero foot movement. A back foot technique may work in Australia, but not in England. He also hasn't seemed to play the spinners particularly well so the selectors have an eye on the winter tour to Sri Lanka.
I haven't seen Pope play but he clearly has potential so interesting to see how he does.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 12:42 - Aug 7 with 1072 viewsBlueinBrum

Lovely write up, thanks for sharing. Can't wait for Lord's.
Cricket: Nice piece on last week's Test match here on 13:27 - Aug 7 with 1048 viewschristiand

Forgot to add, really enjoyed reading the article! 👍

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024