Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final pre season game vs West Ham 12:50 - Sep 23 with 2569 viewstractorboy1978

We put in a really promising performance - we played with energy, pressed well and created chances against a strong West Ham team. 7 academy products were involved that day. Downes, Nydam and Dozzell all started. It was everything Evans had outlined he wanted and there were real green shoots, I felt we were building towards something.

Fast forward two months and only 3 of that starting 11 started yesterday. Only one academy player in the squad - Downes, an unused sub. Two of the academy players have been shipped out on loan and replaced by players that to my eye don't look any better. The probable MOTM from that West Ham game has been told he isn't fit enough to play a competitive game. The performance yesterday was markedly worse. We've regressed.
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:52 - Sep 23 with 2553 viewsfactual_blue

..And then we started playing competitive games....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:54 - Sep 23 with 2546 viewsHorseboy

Pre season means absolutely nothing apart from fitness, end of
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 2531 viewsTractorWood

Pre season is just to sweat out the summer beers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 2532 viewsArnieM

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:52 - Sep 23 by factual_blue

..And then we started playing competitive games....

Yes but we also shopped out all our kids , who far more Championship experience than the players Hurst has brought in. And it shows. I’m not surprised Klug is feeling pissed off.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:02 - Sep 23 with 2502 viewsLeagueOne

We also looked totally rubbish against non-league Braintree just a few weeks before. We've carried more of that into the season than the Spam outing.

Pre-Seasons mean nothing.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 2479 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Jesus not this again! West Ham were barely interested and they went on to lose their first four league games whilst appearing to be a bit of a shambles. And they still managed to beat us!
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:13 - Sep 23 with 2469 viewstractorboy1978

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:02 - Sep 23 by LeagueOne

We also looked totally rubbish against non-league Braintree just a few weeks before. We've carried more of that into the season than the Spam outing.

Pre-Seasons mean nothing.

It did mean nothing, yes. We've bought in a raft of players and totally overhauled the side in the space of two months - shipping out our own promising youngsters.
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:15 - Sep 23 with 2464 viewscobbler

I agree it looked very promising and I too was looking foward to Hurst following on from this instead it’s been awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:15 - Sep 23 with 2458 viewstractorboy1978

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:11 - Sep 23 by OsmansCleanSheet

Jesus not this again! West Ham were barely interested and they went on to lose their first four league games whilst appearing to be a bit of a shambles. And they still managed to beat us!

Do you think the side playing that day is worse than the side we put out yesterday?
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:20 - Sep 23 with 2432 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 13:15 - Sep 23 by tractorboy1978

Do you think the side playing that day is worse than the side we put out yesterday?

It’s difficult to tell without having seen them together in a competitive Championship game. To be fair I do think Hurst has recruited poorly and I would like to have seen some of those players you mentioned being integrated into the team.
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 14:01 - Sep 23 with 2365 viewsRegencyBlue

Regardless of the performance you would hope that in your last pre season match the team put out would bear some resemblance to what the manager thinks would be his best eleven for the coming season.

To me it says that Hurst really didn’t know then what his best team was and still doesn’t. Tactically he is all over the place as well.

The question now is how much more time does he get to sort this mess out?
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 16:32 - Sep 23 with 2240 viewsmuccletonjoe

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:54 - Sep 23 by Horseboy

Pre season means absolutely nothing apart from fitness, end of

As we didn't win that game or any of the 10 which have followed , I would say it meant quite a bit. We played well in that game , so why would Hurst a manager STILL searching for his best team , not at least have given that team a chance against Blackburn?
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 2212 viewstiptreeblue

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 16:32 - Sep 23 by muccletonjoe

As we didn't win that game or any of the 10 which have followed , I would say it meant quite a bit. We played well in that game , so why would Hurst a manager STILL searching for his best team , not at least have given that team a chance against Blackburn?

How many more times for god sake, West Ham looked like they didn`t want to be there. of course we looked good
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 17:51 - Sep 23 with 2132 viewsmuccletonjoe

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 16:43 - Sep 23 by tiptreeblue

How many more times for god sake, West Ham looked like they didn`t want to be there. of course we looked good

So West Ham looked like they didn't want to be there ? and so the next thought is , I am not playing this side again , they made the opposition look like they didn't want to be there. Might have been handy yesterday against Bolton. 😝
Final pre season game vs West Ham on 18:11 - Sep 23 with 2115 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Final pre season game vs West Ham on 12:56 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

Yes but we also shopped out all our kids , who far more Championship experience than the players Hurst has brought in. And it shows. I’m not surprised Klug is feeling pissed off.

I’d be surprised if klug said FuXx it
The academy is now in a worse situation - not given a chance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024