Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoying the small things #1 11:30 - Mar 4 with 1521 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course, Nsiala should have done an awful lot better for their winner, even taking into account it was a very unlucky ricochet that then set the Reading goalscorer free.

But trying to be positive I at least enjoyed his huge header over (and through) the Reading player in the first half. And I also LOVE those driven passes of his from the back. He started the season off with a few of them before his confidence seemed to go but he hit an absolute pearler up to Quaner or Bishop on Saturday. We haven't had many good examples of long balls over the past decade, so makes a change to see them hit low and accurately rather than aimlessly lofted.

Anyone else got any crumbs of comfort to share?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 11:32]

Pronouns: He/Him

Enjoying the small things #1 on 11:38 - Mar 4 with 1475 viewsKieran_Knows

It's an Alan Judge world, and we're all living in it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Enjoying the small things #1 on 12:01 - Mar 4 with 1439 viewsDarth_Koont

Enjoying the small things #1 on 11:38 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

It's an Alan Judge world, and we're all living in it.

Yes, we always looks much better when he gets on the ball. He's been a bit unlucky too - could have and probably should have a couple of goals and more than just the 1 assist by now.

Enjoying the small things #1 on 12:25 - Mar 4 with 1378 viewsSenatorBlue

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Nsiala did OK Saturday. Yes he dithered for their second, and then faced a choice of bringing him down (and taking the red - albeit the first was never a yellow) or letting Chambo stop him. But outside of that, he was OK; dominant in the air, good in the tackle, and OK distribution. He's also the only one with any threat about him with a set piece.

If we're talking league 1 options; we could do lot worse than a Woolfie and Nsiala pairing.

Praying we keep Judge.
Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:07 - Mar 4 with 1228 viewsitfcjoe

Had it not been 1-1 in the 90th minute of a must win game you'd have expected Toto to put his foot through it - was a bad mistake but he was clearly trying to keep the ball live to launch another attack as we were so desperate for a winner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:10 - Mar 4 with 1220 viewsBent_double

Quaner's dribble past about 4 of their defenders in the area just before HT, the ball broke to one of our players - don't know who it was - who had a shot cleared off the line I think.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:28 - Mar 4 with 1161 viewsDarth_Koont

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:10 - Mar 4 by Bent_double

Quaner's dribble past about 4 of their defenders in the area just before HT, the ball broke to one of our players - don't know who it was - who had a shot cleared off the line I think.

Yeah, that was great too.

Nolan had the shot and the keeper pulled off a really excellent save in an awkward position. Easy to say Nolan should have scored but there were a couple of defenders between him and the goal too so he was frustratingly close to doing what he needed to do.

But you get better at converting those chances (or you can afford to miss some) the more you make. And we've created far too few of them over the season.

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:45 - Mar 4 with 1108 viewsIllinoisblue

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:28 - Mar 4 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, that was great too.

Nolan had the shot and the keeper pulled off a really excellent save in an awkward position. Easy to say Nolan should have scored but there were a couple of defenders between him and the goal too so he was frustratingly close to doing what he needed to do.

But you get better at converting those chances (or you can afford to miss some) the more you make. And we've created far too few of them over the season.

really think Nolan should have scored that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:48 - Mar 4 with 1096 viewsDarth_Koont

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:45 - Mar 4 by Illinoisblue

really think Nolan should have scored that.

Probably. But the keeper still did remarkably well to get down on it and hold it.

Login to get fewer ads

Enjoying the small things #1 on 16:09 - Mar 4 with 1015 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:48 - Mar 4 by Darth_Koont

Probably. But the keeper still did remarkably well to get down on it and hold it.

I thought his at the time.

On second viewing Nolan made it pretty easy for him..No?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Enjoying the small things #1 on 16:14 - Mar 4 with 1009 viewsLankHenners

Enjoying the small things #1 on 14:48 - Mar 4 by Darth_Koont

Not really. He still had to save it but if Bart had let a shot with that amount of power and direction on it go past him we’d be justifiably disappointed and bemoaning a ‘keeping error.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024