Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should players be offering up pay cuts? 23:35 - Mar 17 with 1763 viewsMatt_Netherlands

And would you, in their situation? If for example they end up not training or paying matches for worst case, 2/3 months?

Won’t apply so much to too many at our level, but I’d hope that some PL players have the decency to do so and support their wider club or the communities around them by sacrificing a small % of their wages over this period.

Most likely wishful thinking though I know...
Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 23:40 - Mar 17 with 1750 viewsJ2BLUE

UEFA say the season has to end by June 30th. That's when contracts would be up. Although it looks unlikely it's possibly that they will still play the same amount of games and just end later so not sure they should be taking pay cuts just yet, if at all. It's out of their control as much as ours.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:15 - Mar 18 with 1627 viewsEly_Blue

Will you be offering to take a pay cut if you have to work from home and can’t fully do your job or work in an industry where there is need for interaction that for now can’t happen on advice of the authorities ?

This is one of the more ludicrous posts I have seen on here over the last few days

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:17 - Mar 18 with 1625 viewsBloomBlue

Should fans be offering to waiver refunds on tickets already purchased?
Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:22 - Mar 18 with 1620 viewsEly_Blue

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:17 - Mar 18 by BloomBlue

Should fans be offering to waiver refunds on tickets already purchased?

To be honest in the current situation I don’t really care if I never see a refund for the games I’ve missed, bigger things to worry about at the moment if I’m being truthful

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:42 - Mar 18 with 1582 viewsWD19

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 07:15 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

Will you be offering to take a pay cut if you have to work from home and can’t fully do your job or work in an industry where there is need for interaction that for now can’t happen on advice of the authorities ?

This is one of the more ludicrous posts I have seen on here over the last few days

Presumably their opportunity to earn any bonuses has gone, so in a way they already have.

My company is already looking at unpaid leave or a 4-day working week as part of the solution. Many self-employed folk that are part of the supply chain will simply have no work/income for an unknown length of time - but likely many months.
Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 08:02 - Mar 18 with 1545 viewsRadlett_blue

In a sane world, footballers would be taking pay cuts because the revenue generated by the industry is going to be slashed. If this was a tiny blip, one would expect clubs to ride it out, but it's quite possible football clubs will have zero revenue for the rest of the year, while broadcasters will have the right to claw back money of the season isn't completed. Hence more clubs will be forced to do what Barnet did yesterday - lay off all their staff except the players. Please can anyone tell me how this is defensible, especially in the higher echelons of football where players are paid £ms each year.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 08:14 - Mar 18 with 1525 viewsEly_Blue

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 08:02 - Mar 18 by Radlett_blue

In a sane world, footballers would be taking pay cuts because the revenue generated by the industry is going to be slashed. If this was a tiny blip, one would expect clubs to ride it out, but it's quite possible football clubs will have zero revenue for the rest of the year, while broadcasters will have the right to claw back money of the season isn't completed. Hence more clubs will be forced to do what Barnet did yesterday - lay off all their staff except the players. Please can anyone tell me how this is defensible, especially in the higher echelons of football where players are paid £ms each year.

It’s no different to a restaurant or pub that has to shut surely? There were measures announced yesterday by the government to help all businesses during this time

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 09:04 - Mar 18 with 1473 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Funnily enough, I wasn't talking about us normal folk on normal wages... I was talking about professional / PL footballers, some of which earn our annual salaries in just a couple of days, and hundreds of thousands a week...
Login to get fewer ads

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 09:43 - Mar 18 with 1441 viewsjontysnut

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 09:04 - Mar 18 by Matt_Netherlands

Funnily enough, I wasn't talking about us normal folk on normal wages... I was talking about professional / PL footballers, some of which earn our annual salaries in just a couple of days, and hundreds of thousands a week...

I guess they will be missing out on the bonus system which can top up wages quite a lot. I don't know if it works like this at the very top level but my son was a young pro at a league 1 club. They got a fairly low weekly wage over the course of the contract but it was topped up by appearance money, coming on as a sub, goals etc plus all the usual bonuses for league finish, play-offs, promotion etc..
Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 09:55 - Mar 18 with 1431 viewsRadlett_blue

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 09:43 - Mar 18 by jontysnut

I guess they will be missing out on the bonus system which can top up wages quite a lot. I don't know if it works like this at the very top level but my son was a young pro at a league 1 club. They got a fairly low weekly wage over the course of the contract but it was topped up by appearance money, coming on as a sub, goals etc plus all the usual bonuses for league finish, play-offs, promotion etc..

The issue is the absurdity that all Barnet's players, for example, are being paid in full to kick their heels while all the other staff have been laid off. A Barnet player will probably earn around £40k a year, but the same principle will look even sillier as you go up the pyramid.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 19:34 - Mar 18 with 1319 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 19:38 - Mar 18 with 1316 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, they should be but not because of Coronavirus … because of what they have offered up on the pitch before it!

There is an argument that if people can afford to take it and it allows their employer to stay afloat and continue to employ them afterwards it makes some sense. Aside from that, the idea of not being paid what you are entitled to through no fault of your own is abhorrent to most of us. It is, of course, exactly what happens when a business goes bust though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should players be offering up pay cuts? on 21:56 - Mar 18 with 1249 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I really can not fathom how you could call this post ludicrous. Give an opinion that no they shouldn't. Fine. But how is it a ridiculous post. He's clearly talking about those on crazy money in the top divisions and some have already started doing this stuff!

Zlatan has just given £100k donation as just one example.

At the top level some of these guys are earning millions a year and guess what, some of them really care about the staff at their clubs. You can guarantee Mings will be doing something.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024