Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? 19:02 - Oct 11 with 2936 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Hard to drop either Toto or Wilson, but Woolf undoubtedly adds a touch of class and a better passing out From the back ability when in the side. Thought their goal was very sloppy on our part yesterday, but certainly not a droppable offence for either centre half.
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:04 - Oct 11 with 2917 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:04 - Oct 11 with 2915 viewsSomethingBlue

Can't really put him back in yet, much as it'd have benefits to our buildup play. I suspect we'll concede a goal at some point with a bit of loose passing from the back and that might be the time to reconsider.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 19:05]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:08 - Oct 11 with 2889 viewsBLUEBEAT

Don’t think we can unless we change to 3-5-2 but doubt Chambers could operate effectively in that formation.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:24 - Oct 11 with 2849 viewsWickets

We played really well the only change i would consider is Ward if he is fully fit . That is not to say that Myles didn't play well because he did but Ward has been big for us since he came in. .
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:27 - Oct 11 with 2835 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Never change a winning team unless injuries or suspensions. Put him on the bench and bring him on when we are 3-0 up.
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:29 - Oct 11 with 2819 viewsBluefish

Hard to drop Wilson? Absolute carthorse

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:32 - Oct 11 with 2815 viewsBryanPlug

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:29 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Hard to drop Wilson? Absolute carthorse

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:44 - Oct 11 with 2776 viewsBluefish

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:32 - Oct 11 by BryanPlug

Cheers. Agreed 👍

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 2704 viewsHeadWestBlue

Let’s hope management have the skills to keep the home grown youngster fully engaged whilst he waits for an opportunity to return? Toto and Wilson have done well against the opposition to date. If we keep winning and if we remain with a settled team that would be great but how will management commit to the further development of the young lad so he may reach the potential many believe he possesses.
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 20:49 - Oct 11 with 2646 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 20:19 - Oct 11 by HeadWestBlue

Let’s hope management have the skills to keep the home grown youngster fully engaged whilst he waits for an opportunity to return? Toto and Wilson have done well against the opposition to date. If we keep winning and if we remain with a settled team that would be great but how will management commit to the further development of the young lad so he may reach the potential many believe he possesses.

Would agree with this. Since he’s broken into the team, he’s never struggled to get back into it or been dropped at all, so could be a good test of character for him. And a good test for PL’s man management like you say...

Same could be said for Jackson tbh. With the transfer interest over the summer, he won’t be delighted with sitting on the bench every week once fully fit! Not that he fits our current system right now to be honest unless out wide.
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 20:51 - Oct 11 with 2639 viewslmfcblue

McGuinness will be needing some game time soon as well
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 21:02 - Oct 11 with 2614 viewsStadiumofdark

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:44 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Cheers. Agreed 👍

I'll be honest, that one made me laugh. Well done!
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 22:31 - Oct 11 with 2495 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No.... Whilst he is a classy cb and cultured he can at times be a bit too casual and has plenty of room to develop so for all his attributes he, as with all our defenders has his weaker points too.

RN Toto and Wilson are in posession and IMO haven't done anything yet that warrants dropping either... great to see Toto playing his way back in to a future with town.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 23:36 - Oct 11 with 2434 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 20:51 - Oct 11 by lmfcblue

McGuinness will be needing some game time soon as well

He suddenly looks a strange one to have on loan.

Got to be Nsiala and Wilson keeping their places for now. Got to be Woolfenden first choice when we do change it for whatever reason. That leaves McGuinness on loan as 4th choice. If KVY and Ward are both fit he would surely be behind Chambers as well.

Lovely to have this strength in depth. Just need to keep the players happy and ready for when needed. Then they need to grab their chance when it does come.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 07:17 - Oct 12 with 2324 viewsgordon

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 23:36 - Oct 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

He suddenly looks a strange one to have on loan.

Got to be Nsiala and Wilson keeping their places for now. Got to be Woolfenden first choice when we do change it for whatever reason. That leaves McGuinness on loan as 4th choice. If KVY and Ward are both fit he would surely be behind Chambers as well.

Lovely to have this strength in depth. Just need to keep the players happy and ready for when needed. Then they need to grab their chance when it does come.

I'd guess that if Wilson / Nsiala did pick up a knock, then McGuiness would come in, partly because Lambert might not be too keen on Woolfenden, and partly because we wouldn't want to upset Arsenal.

I guess when the new proposals come in we'll be legally obliged to field at least 4 young loanees from the 'big 9' clubs to qualify for our annual 'solidarity' payment or something...
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 09:33 - Oct 12 with 2216 viewsdirtyboy

People seem to think KVY is a shoe in for Chambers too and I don't think that's the case either.

I've been no fan of Wilson or Nsiala but they've done nothing to warrant being dropped at the moment.

We actually look for the most part 'solid' and that's something I've not said about an Ipswich team for some time and Chambers, Nsiala and Wilson are largely the reason (plus Ward obviously).
Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 09:57 - Oct 12 with 2164 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 07:17 - Oct 12 by gordon

I'd guess that if Wilson / Nsiala did pick up a knock, then McGuiness would come in, partly because Lambert might not be too keen on Woolfenden, and partly because we wouldn't want to upset Arsenal.

I guess when the new proposals come in we'll be legally obliged to field at least 4 young loanees from the 'big 9' clubs to qualify for our annual 'solidarity' payment or something...

Lol.

I look forward to when we can only field a team of youngsters in the EFL no one gives a #### cup that have all been loaned from the top flight or face a £500k fine and no doubt points deduction

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 14:11 - Oct 12 with 2055 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 19:32 - Oct 11 by BryanPlug

Not convinced you've been watching this season... Wilson's been spraying passes like prime Gerrard!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Does Woolfenden come back in next week / as soon as fully fit? on 15:16 - Oct 12 with 2023 viewsFenboyBlue

We've got games coming up against Accrington, Lincoln and Gillingham shortly. All teams close to us at the top. I don't know whether that's because they're strong teams or just got off to a fortunate start. These games should be a good test for our current configuration as to whether it needs shuffling about yet. We've started well but like last season we've had an easy start to the fixtures.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 15:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024