Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I'll stay away from here again today 17:17 - Aug 28 with 707 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The plan was to get promotion ASAP, this year if possible, but within a couple of years if not. O'Leary, Ashton, Johnson, Dietmer and co have all said the same thing.

Cook himself said it in July,

“If you look at a club, progressing and going forward is good. Every transfer window as a football club you should be getting stronger.

“After three, four, five windows, I think we’ll be in a place where everyone wants to be and we’ll be a strong team.

And yet some people on this board think we should just be walking our way to the title?

This board is becoming unbearable.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:19 - Aug 28 with 658 viewswkj

It is more than just what you say. We were poorly managed today, pure and simple. We gave Wimbledon almost 15m to control the game at the end, and control it they did.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 660 viewsmutters

“After three, four, five windows, I think we’ll be in a place where everyone wants to be and we’ll be a strong team."

Was that a Cook statement? If so sounds like he is giving himself some leeway.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 629 viewsJDB23

We're walking our way to relegation currently but no worries.
I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 626 viewsHighgateBlue

No no, nobody has said we should walk to the title. But we are 21st in the table, we have no wins in any competition this year, and we are literally conceding twice as many goals as last year.

How can it be justified to spend so much money and get so much worse? That's a fair question, and it's one many people are fairly asking.
I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:23 - Aug 28 with 603 viewsIllinoisblue

I think we should be unhappy about failing to win a game in Division 3, yes. Or unhappy about continually making schoolboy errors in every bastard game. Or 4 wins In 23 games. Pick your poison.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 568 viewstownblue

Even if the plan is 2 years you would be expecting a little better than this.
I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 565 viewsHerbivore

People quite rightly thought we'd get more than 3 points from a pretty gentle opening 5 games. Give your head a wobble.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 558 viewsjayessess

Just out of curiosity, how many games without a win would set alarm bells ringing for you? 10? 15? 20?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:26 - Aug 28 with 540 viewsphillev231069

What a load of crap! We should be improving and an average of two goals against at home is just plain poor!
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 28 with 522 viewsjayessess

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:29 - Aug 28 with 503 viewsSitfcB

I keep forgetting the season ends at the end of August.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:29 - Aug 28 with 489 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Pretty much ever player we have signed have said they didn’t want to sign for a league 1 team and it’s only short term. We must get promoted this season and the money spent in fees and wages have supported this to happen this season. Will happen with or without Cook end off.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:33 - Aug 28 with 436 viewsjayessess

I think I'll stay away from here again today on 17:40 - Aug 28 with 380 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think it's about walking the league but when you're dominating and you're leading 2-0 the opposition making it 2-1 shouldn't change things especially with the players we have but as soon as they did we completely lost our shape and was hanging on for a win and ended up with a draw
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024