Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. 17:42 - Aug 28 with 767 viewsDubtractor

3 points, 10 goals conceded is a shocker.

This isn't a Cook out post, but we need to start winning and fast. To not win today, after being in complete control, suggests a real lack of in game tactical awareness though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:43 - Aug 28 with 733 views3_5_2

Totally agree.

The coaching staff he has lack experience in my view.

He needs a strong assistant manager.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:45 - Aug 28 with 706 viewsJDB23

Will a win transform us as a team though? Maybe, not sure, but regardless of the results the performances haven't been anywhere near the standard of a promotion chasing team.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:46 - Aug 28 with 678 viewsBlue_badge

The next few games look to be harder, that's for sure.
We need to be stronger down the spine of the team - new GK and a new CM with a lot more ability to break up play than Harper/Evans.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:48 - Aug 28 with 645 viewsITFC_Forever

We can’t keep conceding two goals every game.

It’s that simple.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:49 - Aug 28 with 634 viewsChurchman

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:43 - Aug 28 by 3_5_2

Totally agree.

The coaching staff he has lack experience in my view.

He needs a strong assistant manager.

It’s not specifically the coaching staff. It’s primarily the manager and the players. He has the players and staff he wants. He either sorts this unholy mess out or moves on.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:50 - Aug 28 with 597 viewsBlue_badge

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:46 - Aug 28 by Blue_badge

The next few games look to be harder, that's for sure.
We need to be stronger down the spine of the team - new GK and a new CM with a lot more ability to break up play than Harper/Evans.

I know it's naff to reply to my own post but - we also need a lot more effective coaching of the defence - an experienced coach needed as every other coach is still in nappies.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:53 - Aug 28 with 574 viewsPinewoodblue

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:49 - Aug 28 by Churchman

It’s not specifically the coaching staff. It’s primarily the manager and the players. He has the players and staff he wants. He either sorts this unholy mess out or moves on.

Think the suggestion is that if he has the coaching staff he wanted he has got it wrong.

Therefore it is his fault. The only consistent stat is that we concede 2 goals every league game. Poorest defensive record in League One.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 540 viewsBlueBadger

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:50 - Aug 28 by Blue_badge

I know it's naff to reply to my own post but - we also need a lot more effective coaching of the defence - an experienced coach needed as every other coach is still in nappies.

I'm going to reply to as well, so you REALLY look like you're just talking to yourself.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 18:01 - Aug 28 with 501 viewsjas0999

Completely agree.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 18:02 - Aug 28 with 485 viewsRyorry

I've never really understood this "easy games", "easy run" outlook.

We are a club in L1 playing other clubs in L1. We didn't come down from the Prem 2 seasons ago or from the Champ last season. We are where we are, almost a whole new side in development who've spent a lot of money (for this division) & who other sides are particularly going to relish trying to get points off.

We've no divine right to win just because we're playing other clubs who *several years ago* were below us in the pyramid. No games are ever easy, it's a tough division to play in.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 18:03 - Aug 28 with 468 viewsChurchman

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 17:53 - Aug 28 by Pinewoodblue

Think the suggestion is that if he has the coaching staff he wanted he has got it wrong.

Therefore it is his fault. The only consistent stat is that we concede 2 goals every league game. Poorest defensive record in League One.

Agreed. His staff, his mess if they are the issue. I’m not sure it is. It’s his team and it’s a bad one. If the goalie is captain teflon, it’s his goalie. If he says Ashton appointed him against his wishes, he needs to come out and say it.
We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 18:05 - Aug 28 with 442 viewspointofblue

We really couldn't have hoped for an easier start than we've had. on 18:02 - Aug 28 by Ryorry

I've never really understood this "easy games", "easy run" outlook.

We are a club in L1 playing other clubs in L1. We didn't come down from the Prem 2 seasons ago or from the Champ last season. We are where we are, almost a whole new side in development who've spent a lot of money (for this division) & who other sides are particularly going to relish trying to get points off.

We've no divine right to win just because we're playing other clubs who *several years ago* were below us in the pyramid. No games are ever easy, it's a tough division to play in.

I get what you're saying but we've basically done a Derby and tried to buy our way out of the division. Yes, it can take time to get things right but even the basics are a struggle for us. We have aboslutely no central midfield to speak of which leaves our defence exposed time and again.

We don't have a right to win every game in this division. Should we expect to beat at least a couple of Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham, MK Dons and Wimbledon? Why have we replaced the whole squad if not? The other lot would have probably matched the results so far on far less money.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024