Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Kayden Jackson effect 14:08 - Apr 20 with 1418 viewsSTYG

Once McKenna sorted the defence out, the system he wanted to play, realised that Bonne / Norwood and Piggott weren't the answer and turned to Jackson, we looked no much better.

Jackson stretched the defence in ways the others don't and allowed the likes of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin to get much further forward and we created so much more.

The last six games with Jackson as opposed to the six since he got injured are an incredible contrast.

With Jackson - W3 D3 L0 F8 A1.

As someone said on another thread 'Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda, but those draws were Cheltenham, who we should have beaten comfortably, Morecambe, who we should have battered and Pompey, who we should have beaten comfortably.

Without Jackson - W1, D3, L2, F5 A6.

6 points from 18 instead of 12 from 18 is a massive difference. We've scored nearly half the goals, whilst conceding 6 times more. Of course, there's a lot more to it than the role of the striker but something else is highlighted.

63 shots in the games without Jackson. 99 in the games with him.

Yeah, yeah, it's all a bit vague and there's so many moving parts, but I wondered what the difference was with a striker contributing in the way McKenna wants as opposed to three players who've done almost nothing between them by the way of movement, link up play or ensuring there are spaces for the players in behind to exploit.

Now replace Jackson with someone of a similar style who is proven to get goals too and already that makes a massive difference to our fortunes.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 14:15]
The Kayden Jackson effect on 15:12 - Apr 20 with 1257 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Great stats and that really surprised me. I was pleased to see Jackson get his chance and perform so well but had no idea he was quite so important to the team as these stats suggest. As you say there are other factors, I do think we ran out of some momentum after an extended new manager bounce but those stats still suggest Jackson was our key man during our hot streak.
The Kayden Jackson effect on 15:25 - Apr 20 with 1222 viewsParsley

Edmundson has missed the last 7 games as well, not saying that is the reason but you could apply similar stats to his absence.
The Kayden Jackson effect on 15:32 - Apr 20 with 1178 viewsxrayspecs

Jackson was only a sub against Morecambe. His six starts commencing with MK Dons away was W3 D3 F7 A0, including three 0-0 draws (MK Dons, Cheltenham and Portsmouth), which is two points a game.

Worth also pointing out the McKenna's record prior to MK Dons game was W6 L2 F11 A4, which is 2.25 points per game.

Have we missed KJ, yes, would he have made a significant difference, probably not.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 15:34]
The Kayden Jackson effect on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 1079 viewsSTYG

The Kayden Jackson effect on 15:32 - Apr 20 by xrayspecs

Jackson was only a sub against Morecambe. His six starts commencing with MK Dons away was W3 D3 F7 A0, including three 0-0 draws (MK Dons, Cheltenham and Portsmouth), which is two points a game.

Worth also pointing out the McKenna's record prior to MK Dons game was W6 L2 F11 A4, which is 2.25 points per game.

Have we missed KJ, yes, would he have made a significant difference, probably not.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 15:34]

Ah sorry. When I did the stats I ignored Morecambe and did the game before that.

But I then referred to Morecambe as being a match we should have won (although that was largely because when he came on we immediately went up a gear and had about 6 good chances in 10 minutes).
The Kayden Jackson effect on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 1023 viewsNthQldITFC

Spot on imho. Having a version of Jackson with added finishing power will add so much more to this team than the sum of the parts. Or a Pablo Counago type to act as a focal point up front. I think we need one of each plus Jackson as an able deputy, and maybe a Norwood type for certain situations. Actually, no, not the latter. We shouldn't need to resort to sh*thouse if we have the other three plus perhaps a youngster coming through.

(You probably mean 'so' not 'no' at the end of you first paragraph?)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Kayden Jackson effect on 16:49 - Apr 20 with 954 viewsJDB23

I think we have to look at it in two ways.

A. Did McKenna want to come in and try to achieve promotion at all costs?
B. Did he want to try and implement a longer term solution?

If the answer is A then just as Cook did, we should be asking why he didn’t change things to try and get the best out of the players available to him. If the answer is B then fair enough, most of the team will already know what’s expected of them going into next season and hopefully the new additions will complement that and take us to the next level.
The Kayden Jackson effect on 20:34 - Apr 20 with 735 viewshadleighboyblue

The Kayden Jackson effect on 15:25 - Apr 20 by Parsley

Edmundson has missed the last 7 games as well, not saying that is the reason but you could apply similar stats to his absence.

I think the love for Jackson is somewhat OTT .

I agree he is different to the others and might well be the sort of player MCK is looking for , but is he really as good as people are saying .

Yes , he is quick , that's never been in doubt , but ball control , heading and finishing is not that good , look at Keane's display last night , he had all of that and more .

So annoying that we had Keane here and never saw any of what he showed last night , he seemed injury prone in his time here and lacking in confidence , how has he managed to become the player we saw last night , is it down to good coaching .

Keane looked like the sort of player we need , not sure Jackson has enough about his overall game .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024