Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... 09:32 - May 26 with 1279 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...to think about the ridiculous amount of fanfarery on here when Rekeem Harper came in compared to the general shoulder shruggery and meh-ing that accompanied Wes Burns signing.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:45 - May 26 with 1195 viewsclive_baker

From you maybe, but from most there was rightly a lot of excitement when Burns signed, he had just had a great season at this level and tore us a new one when we played them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:47 - May 26 with 1184 viewsmarchy

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:45 - May 26 by clive_baker

From you maybe, but from most there was rightly a lot of excitement when Burns signed, he had just had a great season at this level and tore us a new one when we played them.

Coupled, as I recall it, with a general sense of "well I've no idea who Harper is but he's got decent pedigree so he'll probably do nicely".
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:52 - May 26 with 1137 viewsclive_baker

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:47 - May 26 by marchy

Coupled, as I recall it, with a general sense of "well I've no idea who Harper is but he's got decent pedigree so he'll probably do nicely".

Town Confirm Burns Signing 3rd Jun 2021 18:08
Town have confirmed the signing of forward Wes Burns from Fleetwood on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee, TWTD having revealed that the move was close to being completed this afternoon. 57

Just flicked through the comments, seems to reflect what I remember at the time re. Burns. Guess it was just Marky, but he was probably too busy fangirling an out of shape Norwood at the time.

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 11:13 - May 26 with 1010 viewsOriginalMarkyP

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 09:52 - May 26 by clive_baker

Town Confirm Burns Signing 3rd Jun 2021 18:08
Town have confirmed the signing of forward Wes Burns from Fleetwood on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee, TWTD having revealed that the move was close to being completed this afternoon. 57

Just flicked through the comments, seems to reflect what I remember at the time re. Burns. Guess it was just Marky, but he was probably too busy fangirling an out of shape Norwood at the time.

I'd actually said Burns was someone we should sign

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 11:24 - May 26 with 968 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure someone who went absolutely crazy about Norwood (to the point of calling out posters in post subjects) should be telling others how to behave with regards to their views on a player.

People in glasshouses and all that.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:11 - May 26 with 818 viewsOriginalMarkyP

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 11:24 - May 26 by StokieBlue

Not sure someone who went absolutely crazy about Norwood (to the point of calling out posters in post subjects) should be telling others how to behave with regards to their views on a player.

People in glasshouses and all that.

SB

I'll do what I like, cheers fella.

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:20 - May 26 with 771 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:11 - May 26 by OriginalMarkyP

I'll do what I like, cheers fella.

You better believe it Stokie - this ain't no knock-off, wannabe Marky P.
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:27 - May 26 with 731 viewsBonneNIL

Many crowed over the 2018/19 disaster window as well, football fans tend to get a bit over-optimistic at times, it's the nature of it.

Harper has to be one of the worse players we have ever had. He's a non-league player, his agent must be amazing. I would rank Edwards and Harper as two of our worse signings ever, Edwards gets the ball runs, and either loses the ball or has all the shooting skills of a toddler kicking an inflatable, and blasts it miles wide or over the bar. Harper makes Douglas look Real Madrid in standard.

They have got to be moved on, must be on decent wages too. Utter cack.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Login to get fewer ads

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:27 - May 26 with 726 viewsclive_baker

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 11:13 - May 26 by OriginalMarkyP

I'd actually said Burns was someone we should sign

So did everyone else looking at the comments under the story. Which renders your OP absolute bobbins, as per.

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:31 - May 26 with 706 viewsOriginalMarkyP

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:27 - May 26 by clive_baker

So did everyone else looking at the comments under the story. Which renders your OP absolute bobbins, as per.

Uh-huh. I remember a few shoulder shrugs about Burns but whatever.

You have a nice day and watch the traffic.

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:34 - May 26 with 693 viewsmarchy

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:31 - May 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Uh-huh. I remember a few shoulder shrugs about Burns but whatever.

You have a nice day and watch the traffic.

By which you presumably mean one car went past this morning.
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:35 - May 26 with 692 viewsmarkchips

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:27 - May 26 by BonneNIL

Many crowed over the 2018/19 disaster window as well, football fans tend to get a bit over-optimistic at times, it's the nature of it.

Harper has to be one of the worse players we have ever had. He's a non-league player, his agent must be amazing. I would rank Edwards and Harper as two of our worse signings ever, Edwards gets the ball runs, and either loses the ball or has all the shooting skills of a toddler kicking an inflatable, and blasts it miles wide or over the bar. Harper makes Douglas look Real Madrid in standard.

They are only young yet and I would like to think McKenna can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear at least with Edwards. All he really has to do is get past the full back and pull the ball back calmly to onrushing midfielders a la Morsy and Bakinson.
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:35 - May 26 with 687 viewsITFC_Josh

When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 12:27 - May 26 by BonneNIL

I mean that’s just a tad over the top isn’t it… must be quite a good non league standard player if Juventus, Bayern, Liverpool and Barca were looking at him a few years ago…
When the new signings come in, i think everyone should take a minute... on 14:28 - May 26 with 565 viewsGarv

Have a word.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024