Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilks & Clarke-Harris 10:40 - Jun 10 with 2137 viewsMediocre_Quick

Seen some on Twitter pushing for us to sign these two,

I was quite staunt in my not needing Wilks, but, my arm has been twisted after speaking to a couple of Hull fans about him and where he could fit in,

I think a front two of Ladapo & Clarke-Harris with a combination of Wilks/Chappers & Celina(hopefully) feeding them could be the combination we need to finally get back to the Championship
Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 10:44 - Jun 10 with 2098 viewshype313

Not sure Celina is a dead cert to come back according to Andy Warren.

"The same’s true of Bersant Celina, a little higher up the pitch, with a further loan move for the Dijon man likely to be within the Ipswich grasp, should they decide to press the button. That, though, would require him to be at the top of McKenna’s attacking midfield shopping list, with suggestions that is not necessarily the case. "

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:09 - Jun 10 with 1867 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 10:44 - Jun 10 by hype313

"The same’s true of Bersant Celina, a little higher up the pitch, with a further loan move for the Dijon man likely to be within the Ipswich grasp, should they decide to press the button. That, though, would require him to be at the top of McKenna’s attacking midfield shopping list, with suggestions that is not necessarily the case. "

But is still an option, so we can remain hopeful!
Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:13 - Jun 10 with 1841 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blimey, that will upset a few if Celina isn't an attempted signing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:48 - Jun 10 with 1647 viewsitfc_bucks

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:13 - Jun 10 by FrimleyBlue

Blimey, that will upset a few if Celina isn't an attempted signing.

I'm not sure why that would be the case, if I'm honest.

I've always felt he flatters to deceive, is too lightweight and doesn't put enough of a shift in.

The counter always comes that he operates on a level way above his teammates and that's why he doesn't get the number of assists he ought. In my view that's a further reason to not pull the trigger on him, we need a cohesive standard operating at a high level, not one player who is out of step with the rest.
Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:57 - Jun 10 with 1592 viewsGarv

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:48 - Jun 10 by itfc_bucks

I've always felt he flatters to deceive, is too lightweight and doesn't put enough of a shift in.

The counter always comes that he operates on a level way above his teammates and that's why he doesn't get the number of assists he ought. In my view that's a further reason to not pull the trigger on him, we need a cohesive standard operating at a high level, not one player who is out of step with the rest.

When people say that don't they just mean he's just a lot more talented than most of the other players? Not sure that's a bad thing.

Off the top of my head he would have had four more assists last season had others been able to put away fairly easily chances; Bonne and Norwood at Doncaster, and Burns at home to Morecambe(?) and Plymouth.

He's had some disappointments, he can fluff chances sometimes and he needs to improve his shooting, but he's been at the heart of basically everything good we've done.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 13:55 - Jun 10 with 1203 viewsVic

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 11:48 - Jun 10 by itfc_bucks

I'm glad someone agrees with me! I feel in a very small minority in feeling that despite his moments of absolute brilliance he somehow doesn't produce as much we he should given his ability. This post may not age very well, and I'm confident of a few downies, but if he is as good as we think he is I'm bemused as to why he not a dead cert for a championship team.

Cue posts about his stats - which I'm sure prove I'm wrong, but for the money invested I'd like to see more from him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 14:01 - Jun 10 with 1140 viewsBonneNIL

Dijon cannot afford him on the books, which is why we got him last season. They sank like a stone in the French top league the season before, and couldn't afford his wages, they were equally rubbish this season and didn't go back up.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 14:19 - Jun 10 with 1043 viewsSimonds92

Wilks & Clarke-Harris on 13:55 - Jun 10 by Vic

I'm glad someone agrees with me! I feel in a very small minority in feeling that despite his moments of absolute brilliance he somehow doesn't produce as much we he should given his ability. This post may not age very well, and I'm confident of a few downies, but if he is as good as we think he is I'm bemused as to why he not a dead cert for a championship team.

Cue posts about his stats - which I'm sure prove I'm wrong, but for the money invested I'd like to see more from him.

I agree with you, I think he is a very good footballer, in terms of technical ability alone i dont think many players in the championship are better than him, but he doesn't affect games as much as he could and he has a lot of games where he is anonymous. I said previously we could pick up a player with far less technical ability but who impacts games far more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024