Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday 10:55 - Jul 11 with 1315 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Although we gave up at the cemetery. £10 each to get in, or £15 each if you want a tour! £20-£30 to look round a graveyard! I wouldn't be seen dead in there at that price.

Mildly intrigued to see Karl Marx's grave but apart from that, no thanks.

I was surprised to see, on the leaflet, that both Ugo Ehiogu and, erm, Jeremy Beadle are in there as well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 10:59 - Jul 11 with 1279 viewsEwan_Oozami

https://highgatecemetery.org/visit/who

Good value for a tenner I'd say! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:06 - Jul 11 with 1254 viewsSTYG

Please tell me that as you got closer to where Jeremy lay there was at least a sign that said 'WATCH OUT, BEADLE'S ABOUT'.

I'm sure he'd have found that amusing himself.
Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:22 - Jul 11 with 1183 viewsJ2BLUE

There's something very off about letting people pay to see people's graves.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:23 - Jul 11 with 1178 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:06 - Jul 11 by STYG

Please tell me that as you got closer to where Jeremy lay there was at least a sign that said 'WATCH OUT, BEADLE'S ABOUT'.

I'm sure he'd have found that amusing himself.

Ha, well as per my OP we didn't go in, but yes, that would be good and a fitting last prank!

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:49 - Jul 11 with 1075 viewsunbelievablue

I thought it was worth it when I went FWIW. Tour was excellent. The north cemetery is really cool.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 12:20 - Jul 11 with 989 viewseireblue

Hmmm, charging money to see the Karl Marx grave, has anyone told Alanis Morissette?
Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 12:22 - Jul 11 with 973 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:49 - Jul 11 by unbelievablue

I thought it was worth it when I went FWIW. Tour was excellent. The north cemetery is really cool.

Yeah does seem a bit pointless without the tour; you're bound to miss something and without the stories/info/history you're just wandering around a graveyard for a tenner.

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 12:33 - Jul 11 with 935 viewsLord_Lucan

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:22 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

My Dad drove over 5 hours from Vegas to LA to see Al Jolsen's grave but turned up and it was shut on Saturdays***

***He hated travelling distances and wasn't the most patient of men - he may or may not have shouted something anti Semitic on arrival.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 13:54 - Jul 11 with 808 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 11:22 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Yep, should be free entry but OK to pay for a tour guide.

I had a disagreement at Ely Cathedral recently in regards to entrance fees.
Shouldn’t have to pay for entry to any places of worship, in my opinion.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 13:57 - Jul 11 with 794 viewsunbelievablue

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 13:54 - Jul 11 by BLUEBEAT

Yep, should be free entry but OK to pay for a tour guide.

I had a disagreement at Ely Cathedral recently in regards to entrance fees.
Shouldn’t have to pay for entry to any places of worship, in my opinion.

Where you there to worship?

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:05 - Jul 11 with 778 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 13:57 - Jul 11 by unbelievablue

Where you there to worship?

I’m Pagan but interested in the Abrahamic religions.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:12 - Jul 11 with 763 viewsSteve_M

Highgate Cemetery is a load of old, esoteric and fairly fragile Victorian monuments though so some of that fee goes on the upkeep of all that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:13 - Jul 11 with 758 viewsunbelievablue

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:12 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

Highgate Cemetery is a load of old, esoteric and fairly fragile Victorian monuments though so some of that fee goes on the upkeep of all that.

Facters moved has he?

[Redacted] on 14:14 - Jul 11 with 754 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:28 - Jul 11 with 699 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:12 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

I'd have thought the tour money and donations would be enough. To charge people £10 to just walk around's ridiculous. The best museums in London are free, so given this is essentially a museum of gravestones I'm not sure why it's so different.

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 671 viewsunbelievablue

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:28 - Jul 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd have thought the tour money and donations would be enough. To charge people £10 to just walk around's ridiculous. The best museums in London are free, so given this is essentially a museum of gravestones I'm not sure why it's so different.

Not much changes at Highgate. All the free museums regularly rotate exhibitions etc. Not apples and oranges.

£10 is a bit steep though.

Lady Dollers and I went for a walking tour of Highgate in the sun yesterday on 14:57 - Jul 11 with 607 viewsmutters

Bit tangental but if you are ever in Buenos Aires go to La Recoleta Cemetery.

Amazing place.

https://theculturetrip.com/south-america/argentina/articles/recoleta-cemetery-wh

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024