Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday 16:58 - Sep 11 with 3453 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

On or off we reckon?

I originally thought off.. but I’m starting to believe it might well make it.

When the trains were cancelled, I made a weekend of it. So it’s ironic how the trains are back and refundable whereas the hotel will not be

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 3384 viewsJ2BLUE

Portsmouth's Chief Exec has said their game is likely to go ahead. Not sure if that means they all will but hopefully a good sign.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:07 - Sep 11 with 3375 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably only the London fixtures at serious risk — ought to be ok.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:22 - Sep 11 with 3288 viewsJakeITFC

No Monday night televised game next week which is probably helpful in that regard, you’d have thought if we can play this midweek there would be no reason to cancel games on Saturday and Sunday.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:23 - Sep 11 with 3305 viewsSitfcB

I doubt SYP police will be sent to London, they’re not great at crowd control.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:24 - Sep 11 with 3261 viewsEastTownBlue

Which games can go ahead or not next weekend might be a bit random. Wednesday vs Ipswich should be seen as low risk.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 18:01 - Sep 11 with 3083 viewsBlueBadger

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:23 - Sep 11 by SitfcB

Bravo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 3024 viewsIllinoisblue

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 17:23 - Sep 11 by SitfcB

Good at corruption though, so the Met might like to trade ideas.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 18:13 - Sep 11 with 3001 viewsITFC_Forever

I think next week, Tuesday and Saturday will go ahead.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 18:14 - Sep 11 with 3007 viewsDJR

Leaving aside any policing issues, if the football authorities thought it appropriate to cancel this weekend, it's difficult to think they can take a different view next weekend with the funeral on the Monday. It's less of an issue for the EFL but I certainly can't see any games taking place on the Sunday. The problem is that they have backed themselves into a corner, so that if, say, the rugby authorities decide to postpone next weekend because of closeness to the funeral, that would rather force the football authorities' hands.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 18:15]
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 21:11 - Sep 11 with 2467 viewsPeacefulOwl

Hi. Just thought I’d let you know that if you’re coming up to see the match this Saturday (assuming it goes ahead), the students at both Sheffield universities are due back this weekend. In previous years this has caused traffic chaos in the city centre on Saturday and Sunday, so worth considering staying on the M1 till J35 rather than coming off at J33. Would hate you to miss your first defeat of the season!!

I just of course. If we play like we did against Barnsley, it should be a pleasant long journey back home for you.

Enjoy the season, but go easy on us this Saturday.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 08:21 - Sep 12 with 1898 viewsRadlett_blue

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 18:14 - Sep 11 by DJR

Leaving aside any policing issues, if the football authorities thought it appropriate to cancel this weekend, it's difficult to think they can take a different view next weekend with the funeral on the Monday. It's less of an issue for the EFL but I certainly can't see any games taking place on the Sunday. The problem is that they have backed themselves into a corner, so that if, say, the rugby authorities decide to postpone next weekend because of closeness to the funeral, that would rather force the football authorities' hands.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 18:15]

The difference is that the dimwits who run football have now had some time to think & may have realised that public opinion is in favour of football continuing, especially as every other sport carried on & also that endless postponements in a season with the headache of a winter World Cup will cause huge problems. I expect most games to go ahead, with the caveat of satisfactory police resources being available, which is more likely to affect London than elsewhere.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 08:47 - Sep 12 with 1813 viewsDJR

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 08:21 - Sep 12 by Radlett_blue

The difference is that the dimwits who run football have now had some time to think & may have realised that public opinion is in favour of football continuing, especially as every other sport carried on & also that endless postponements in a season with the headache of a winter World Cup will cause huge problems. I expect most games to go ahead, with the caveat of satisfactory police resources being available, which is more likely to affect London than elsewhere.

On reflection, I think that's probably right. And interesting to note the National League has announced the resumption of fixtures.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 09:03 - Sep 12 with 1737 viewsunstableblue

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 21:11 - Sep 11 by PeacefulOwl

Hi. Just thought I’d let you know that if you’re coming up to see the match this Saturday (assuming it goes ahead), the students at both Sheffield universities are due back this weekend. In previous years this has caused traffic chaos in the city centre on Saturday and Sunday, so worth considering staying on the M1 till J35 rather than coming off at J33. Would hate you to miss your first defeat of the season!!

I just of course. If we play like we did against Barnsley, it should be a pleasant long journey back home for you.

Enjoy the season, but go easy on us this Saturday.

Thanks for useful information.

What happened against Barnsley - did the players not turn up as they say?

We have Bristol Rovers which I expect will be a test, but we should have too much. Win it though and keep the momentum going despite Saturday postponement and we are flying.

Hillsborough then becomes a real test of our automatic credentials, we haven’t been beating the top sides.. and on paper you are the strongest squad in the league.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 13:08 - Sep 12 with 1473 viewsPeacefulOwl

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 09:03 - Sep 12 by unstableblue

Thanks for useful information.

What happened against Barnsley - did the players not turn up as they say?

We have Bristol Rovers which I expect will be a test, but we should have too much. Win it though and keep the momentum going despite Saturday postponement and we are flying.

Hillsborough then becomes a real test of our automatic credentials, we haven’t been beating the top sides.. and on paper you are the strongest squad in the league.

We just didn’t turn up against Barnsley. We got our fans all excited after stuffing Forest Green the previous week, but the same eleven weren’t at the races the following week. Jekyll and Hyde stuff from us it seems.

We do have a strong squad but there’s some real unease among some fans about Darren Moore’s ability to use it to its potential.

Also awful news about Marcus Stewart. I’m sure I speak on behalf of all Owls in wishing him the best.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 12:40 - Sep 13 with 981 viewsunstableblue

Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday on 13:08 - Sep 12 by PeacefulOwl

We just didn’t turn up against Barnsley. We got our fans all excited after stuffing Forest Green the previous week, but the same eleven weren’t at the races the following week. Jekyll and Hyde stuff from us it seems.

We do have a strong squad but there’s some real unease among some fans about Darren Moore’s ability to use it to its potential.

Also awful news about Marcus Stewart. I’m sure I speak on behalf of all Owls in wishing him the best.

Thanks for nice note on Marcus. A legend in these parts and humble/nice guy. And was an incredibly good striker, underrated, scored some real quality goals in the Premier League.

I know from experience that MND is a very cruel condition.

Much of my family are owls, they share the Moore concerns. Can’t help but feel a poor run of form from you and increasing that concern and atmosphere would really effect your campaign. I still think you have too much not to make automatic. We’ll give you a real test on Saturday.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024