Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1708 viewsHipsterectomy

Just posting as he's a respected figure of the EFL. On multiple podcasts as a guest including Blue Monday

James Trafford

Liam Palmer
Mads Andersen
Eiran Cashin

Bali Mumba
Sam Morsy
Luca Connell
Barry Bannan
Leif Davis

Dion Charles
Colby Bishop

Man's getting a lot of hate, but, other than Chaplin not being there, I think it's fair. Maybe Plymouth keeper should be there.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 22:28 - Apr 9 with 1629 viewsDinnernotTea

Walton should be there.

2x penalty saves. Most clean sheets. Least conceded. A no brainer.

Chaplin too.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 22:31 - Apr 9 with 1606 viewsHipsterectomy

He did say Leif would so far be his PotY

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 22:57 - Apr 9 with 1474 viewsjayessess

Luke Woolfenden's better than all 3 of those of those centre back and it's not especially close.

Wes Burns' numbers right up there with anyone now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 23:11 - Apr 9 with 1413 viewsWacko

Statistically we’ve scored the most goals so should have at least one attacking player in there.
Statistically we’ve conceded the least number of goals so should have at least one defensive player there.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 23:15 - Apr 9 with 1394 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Dude also predicted MK Dons to win the title with 100 points.
Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 07:29 - Apr 10 with 1121 viewsPioneerBlue

He has missed out Walton, Burgess, Burns and Chaplin but apart from that he’s not miles off.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 07:46 - Apr 10 with 1062 viewsHerbivore

Woolf, Chaplin, and probably Burns too should all be in there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 08:06 - Apr 10 with 1017 viewsSawtrich

Any time you publish a best in the league team you will get supporters of various clubs saying so and so from my club should be in there. I don't watch Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, etc. every week so it's impossible to compare.
Login to get fewer ads

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 09:06 - Apr 10 with 894 viewsNthQldITFC

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 22:57 - Apr 9 by jayessess

Luke Woolfenden's better than all 3 of those of those centre back and it's not especially close.

Wes Burns' numbers right up there with anyone now.

I'd agree with you and then some, but a lot of Woolfy's extra quality resides in his stealth mode, not something that you'd normally see in a third division centre-back. I'm quite happy for his stealth mode to extend into his external profile as well.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 09:07 - Apr 10 with 891 viewsGuthrum

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 08:06 - Apr 10 by Sawtrich

Any time you publish a best in the league team you will get supporters of various clubs saying so and so from my club should be in there. I don't watch Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, etc. every week so it's impossible to compare.

However non-aligned pundits will also feel a natural temptation to be fair to all teams, rather than just selecting, say, the best attacking unit in the division (as a national coach might do).

Plus these are not really teams, they don't train together and the tactical setup may not be the one in which they have flourished. They are, rather, an assemblage of fine players to be admired.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 09:33 - Apr 10 with 807 viewstractordownsouth

Cooper

Mumba
Andersen
Santos
Davis

Connell
Bannan
Morsy
Byers

Clarke-Harris
Bishop

Bench: Trafford, Cashin, Bradley, Phillips, Scowen, Chaplin, Rak-Sakyi

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 09:40 - Apr 10 with 779 viewstractordownsouth

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 22:28 - Apr 9 by DinnernotTea

Walton should be there.

2x penalty saves. Most clean sheets. Least conceded. A no brainer.

Chaplin too.

I think that’s a bit of recency bias with Walton because as good as he’s been, he had a poor spell in the middle of the season.

For me Cooper is the standout, his shot-stopping stats are the best in the league and the reason he’s conceded so many is because Plymouth’s defence push so high and leave him exposed. They’ve conceded lots more per game since he’s been out too.

Trafford just sneaks into second with Walton in third.

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 767 viewstractordownsouth

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 08:06 - Apr 10 by Sawtrich

I saw the comments to Gab’s tweet and it was full of fans saying their club should have 4 or 5 players in the team. Even saw Wycombe and Shrewsbury supporters arguing for 2 inclusions each!

Fair play if people want to suggest that but before getting so worked up they should at least say which player should make way for their preferred option.

Gab Sutton's League 1 ToTY so far on 12:51 - Apr 10 with 572 viewsArnieM

Let’s get one thing straight here, the words “sutton” and “respect” have no place in the same sentence. The man is a complete moron.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024