Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anybody on here 22:12 - Apr 10 with 1206 viewsCoastalblue

Ever posted on a rival's forum, but pretended to be a fan of that club? I just wonder what the motivation is?

I kind of get going on as a rival and trolling or being on a wind up, I mean who doesn't look back on board invasions with fondness but never worked out the pretending to be a fan thing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Has anybody on here on 22:22 - Apr 10 with 1148 viewsChurchman

Never. I’ve no idea why knuckle draggers do it.

But personally, I struggle to understand why you’d post on another club’s forum anyway, let alone pretending to be a supporter. I presume those that do the latter have good laughs with their imaginary friend.
Has anybody on here on 22:43 - Apr 10 with 1102 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has anybody on here on 22:22 - Apr 10 by Churchman

But personally, I struggle to understand why you’d post on another club’s forum anyway, let alone pretending to be a supporter. I presume those that do the latter have good laughs with their imaginary friend.

To be totally fair. There are plenty on here who have opened accounts on the Pompey and Bristol City forums and I'm seeing daily reports on the goings on over at 'Owl Talk' too.

It's all a bit tin pot if you ask me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Has anybody on here on 22:52 - Apr 10 with 1078 viewsChurchman

Has anybody on here on 22:43 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be totally fair. There are plenty on here who have opened accounts on the Pompey and Bristol City forums and I'm seeing daily reports on the goings on over at 'Owl Talk' too.

It's all a bit tin pot if you ask me.

Posing as their supporters?

I did differentiate between our new Plymouth idiot and those that go onto forums representing our club or theirs - not least because other supporters views can be genuinely interesting.
Has anybody on here on 22:55 - Apr 10 with 1069 viewsFtnfwest

No, but admit to doing it on whigfields
Has anybody on here on 22:58 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has anybody on here on 22:52 - Apr 10 by Churchman

Posing as their supporters?

I did differentiate between our new Plymouth idiot and those that go onto forums representing our club or theirs - not least because other supporters views can be genuinely interesting.

Ah. I make you right.

Sorry, that will teach me not to skim read when I'm tired.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Has anybody on here on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 980 viewsChurchman

Has anybody on here on 22:58 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Ah. I make you right.

Sorry, that will teach me not to skim read when I'm tired.

Apols, I didn’t write it very well tbf. There’s no way I’d intentionally dig out say Ullaa, who is a long-standing poster who frequently makes interesting contributions to many topics on this forum.

Others offer views sometimes that are interesting too. For me it’s the wind up merchants that annoy.
Has anybody on here on 01:20 - Apr 11 with 878 viewsNthQldITFC

Has anybody on here on 22:55 - Apr 10 by Ftnfwest

No, but admit to doing it on whigfields

I suppose it's something to do on a Saturday night?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has anybody on here on 02:38 - Apr 11 with 842 viewsJ2BLUE

Got a mate who does this a lot and seems to think he's winning some sort of game. It's incredibly odd.

I don't really even get signing up to a rival's forum and being honest about who you support. What's the point? Trying to feel important on some sort of diplomatic mission? No offence too any of our rival fans on here and each to their own etc...

P.S Ullaa is a blue and doesn't count

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anybody on here on 04:14 - Apr 11 with 811 viewsKropotkin123

Gaztractor has, maybe they can share their motivation.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 4:15]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Has anybody on here on 08:45 - Apr 11 with 634 viewsGuthrum

Has anybody on here on 22:22 - Apr 10 by Churchman

I've occasionally posted on other clubs' forums, tho never pretending to be anything other than ITFC. Also not with the aim of stirring up a row.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has anybody on here on 09:20 - Apr 11 with 594 viewsCoastalblue

Has anybody on here on 08:45 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

I've occasionally posted on other clubs' forums, tho never pretending to be anything other than ITFC. Also not with the aim of stirring up a row.

See that's probably not for me, but that I totally understand and I amagine there could be some decent discussion at times with the less rabid posters but posing as a home fan just seems so weird to me, it's often completely transparent anyway even if not immediately the quite quickly, I'm fascinated in what need it feeds in people.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Has anybody on here on 09:51 - Apr 11 with 533 viewsclive_baker

Funny to think of all those norwich supporters waiting patiently hoping we choke so they can jump on here with their 'bants'. Checking the results every week and being disappointed that they've not been given the opportunity. They've been waiting a while, and will be waiting a while longer.

Maybe best they concentrate on their own riveting football and goalless draws at home to Rotherham. Still, slapping Rotherham this season isn't for everyone.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 9:52]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024