Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal-line technology back next season…. 19:20 - May 1 with 2281 viewsITFC_Forever

….as are confirmed International breaks.

And no more FA Cup round 1 &2 or Pizza Cup.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:22 - May 1 with 2244 viewsMetal_Hacker

And if Luton go up , proper football grounds to visit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:23 - May 1 with 2200 viewsDaninthecampo

Does this include var?
Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:26 - May 1 with 2161 viewsITFC_Forever

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:23 - May 1 by Daninthecampo

Does this include var?

No, thank god.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:27]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:37 - May 1 with 2069 viewsSwansea_Blue

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:26 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

No, thank god.

Although with VAR we’d possibly be Champions already. We had a few shocking decisions that cost us points earlier on in the season. We’ve been on the end of 2 soft pens lately, but those didn’t affect the result so don’t ‘cancel out’ the earlier wrongs. I’m also convinced we should have had a second at Cheltenham - no way was Leif offside for the cross into Hirst. We’re looking at 5 or 6 points lost due to officials (Plymouth may well have had their own issues with officials too of course, so I’ve no idea how that would have changed things).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:39 - May 1 with 2061 viewsNutkins_Return

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:26 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

No, thank god.

I'd much rather we had VAR. We would be many points better off with VAR. Unless you listen to dimwits like Shearer, anyone can see how much it has improved. Perfect no, absolutely not. There is still some human error. But so many fewer errors. Will keep improving. Rarely spoils enjoyment anymore. The mistakes we get are still stupid human interpretations which is the same with or without human error.

I'll caveat that with it's clearly not yet practical to have it in most leagues yet. I'm glad to see them reducing the usage of it to only key mistakes/misses. Basically still calibrating it.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:41]
Goal-line technology back next season…. on 22:06 - May 1 with 1756 viewsN2_Blue

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:39 - May 1 by Nutkins_Return

I'd much rather we had VAR. We would be many points better off with VAR. Unless you listen to dimwits like Shearer, anyone can see how much it has improved. Perfect no, absolutely not. There is still some human error. But so many fewer errors. Will keep improving. Rarely spoils enjoyment anymore. The mistakes we get are still stupid human interpretations which is the same with or without human error.

I'll caveat that with it's clearly not yet practical to have it in most leagues yet. I'm glad to see them reducing the usage of it to only key mistakes/misses. Basically still calibrating it.

I don’t think I agree with one single point in your post!

Are you an ambassador for VAR or something?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 22:26 - May 1 with 1651 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You mean we won't need to manufacture a call-up for Greg Leigh any more?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 00:21 - May 2 with 1464 viewsGarv

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 19:39 - May 1 by Nutkins_Return

Someone's had a few too many celebratory beers.

VAR can get in the bin. It's not football.

Next you'll be saying the ref mics should be broadcast over the stadium PA.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 07:06 - May 2 with 1236 viewsPioneerBlue

Goal-line technology back next season…. on 00:21 - May 2 by Garv

Someone's had a few too many celebratory beers.

VAR can get in the bin. It's not football.

Next you'll be saying the ref mics should be broadcast over the stadium PA.

I agree with your first point but the ref mic should be a thing.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024