Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again 22:05 - May 4 with 1556 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/may/04/david-starkey-says-pm-uninterest
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:14 - May 4 with 1475 viewsHARRY10

So how does he explain the 50% plus of the country not interested.

Are they not interested in 'our culture' either.

kGB Views sees no problem in giving airtime to someone who ......... "In 2020, Starkey told the rightwing commentator Darren Grimes that “slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived.”

I wonder what the reaction would be were that comment to be made about the Holocaust and Jews, by a 'leftie'.
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:19 - May 4 with 1462 viewsElderGrizzly

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:14 - May 4 by HARRY10

kGB Views sees no problem in giving airtime to someone who ......... "In 2020, Starkey told the rightwing commentator Darren Grimes that “slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived.”

I wonder what the reaction would be were that comment to be made about the Holocaust and Jews, by a 'leftie'.

GB News actually deleted the tweet of the video after they realised what he said, but as you say giving a platform to even say it after what he said before is a bit of a cock-up.
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:30 - May 4 with 1410 viewsMattinLondon

Taken from wiki - Sunak was educated at Winchester College, studied philosophy, politics and economics at Lincoln College, Oxford. Whilst at Oxford, Sunak undertook an internship at Conservative Campaign Headquarters and joined the Conservative Party. After graduating, Sunak worked for Goldman Sachs and later as a partner at the hedge fund firms The Children's Investment Fund Management and Theleme Partners.

Think the above is evidence alone that the man is ingrained in the British establishment- much more so than many who Starkey would consider ‘grounded’ in British culture.

Sunak probably has enough self-awareness to realise how unpopular his government is and has wisely stayed mostly quiet about the coronation.
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:31 - May 4 with 1396 viewsHARRY10

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:19 - May 4 by ElderGrizzly

GB News actually deleted the tweet of the video after they realised what he said, but as you say giving a platform to even say it after what he said before is a bit of a cock-up.

Deleted ?

And these righties always bleating about supposed 'cancel culture'. Where is their defence of free speech.

I doubt that deletion was in response to complaints from their listener, other than he might be complaining about Starkey (raving mad) was too namby pamby and mealy mouthed
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:42 - May 4 with 1360 viewsElderGrizzly

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:30 - May 4 by MattinLondon

Taken from wiki - Sunak was educated at Winchester College, studied philosophy, politics and economics at Lincoln College, Oxford. Whilst at Oxford, Sunak undertook an internship at Conservative Campaign Headquarters and joined the Conservative Party. After graduating, Sunak worked for Goldman Sachs and later as a partner at the hedge fund firms The Children's Investment Fund Management and Theleme Partners.

Think the above is evidence alone that the man is ingrained in the British establishment- much more so than many who Starkey would consider ‘grounded’ in British culture.

Sunak probably has enough self-awareness to realise how unpopular his government is and has wisely stayed mostly quiet about the coronation.

Sunak is ‘more’ British than Boris Johnson technically.

I wonder what issue Starkey has..
[Post edited 4 May 2023 22:43]
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:44 - May 4 with 1332 viewsMattinLondon

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:42 - May 4 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe Starkey doesn’t like short people?
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:51 - May 4 with 1302 viewsWacko

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:30 - May 4 by MattinLondon

And at Winchester College (founded by a 14th Century bishop), you pretty much have to go to church every day (no matter what religion you say you are)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:04 - May 4 with 1248 viewsHARRY10

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:42 - May 4 by ElderGrizzly

I don't think Starkey has been issued with anything. He is simply a racist. Probably mixes in a small circle of like minded bigots and is not fully aware how society has changed from the days of seeing people's skin colour first and feeling the need constantly to make derogatory remarks.

Only on a technical point is Sunak more British, to those of Starkeys type. I have spoken at enough dinners etc to know what the average white Tory thinks of our 'coloured friends'. Braverman, Pater, Kwarteng may delude themselves they are part of that club. They are not. They are tolerated, and I suspect many know it.

Starkey is a classic example of the angry middled white man (usually over 60) who feels left out as the country changes, and they feel they have no place in it any more. Most brought up on black and white WW2 war films and the victor comic cannot understand why others do not see Germany in that light. Black people are not seen as minstrels, Chinese as not some Benny Hill caricature either.

Johnny Speight wrote a wonderful character in Alf Garnett. A man trapped in his own ignorance, unable to see the world beyond his Union Jack tinted glasses, and so was damned to spend his days raging against the world around him.
Login to get fewer ads

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:12 - May 4 with 1231 viewsElderGrizzly

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:04 - May 4 by HARRY10

I don't think Starkey has been issued with anything. He is simply a racist. Probably mixes in a small circle of like minded bigots and is not fully aware how society has changed from the days of seeing people's skin colour first and feeling the need constantly to make derogatory remarks.

Only on a technical point is Sunak more British, to those of Starkeys type. I have spoken at enough dinners etc to know what the average white Tory thinks of our 'coloured friends'. Braverman, Pater, Kwarteng may delude themselves they are part of that club. They are not. They are tolerated, and I suspect many know it.

Starkey is a classic example of the angry middled white man (usually over 60) who feels left out as the country changes, and they feel they have no place in it any more. Most brought up on black and white WW2 war films and the victor comic cannot understand why others do not see Germany in that light. Black people are not seen as minstrels, Chinese as not some Benny Hill caricature either.

Johnny Speight wrote a wonderful character in Alf Garnett. A man trapped in his own ignorance, unable to see the world beyond his Union Jack tinted glasses, and so was damned to spend his days raging against the world around him.

Braverman of course said something similar about asylum seekers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/26/suella-braverman-small-boat-arri
Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:40 - May 4 with 1175 viewsBlueBadger

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:12 - May 4 by ElderGrizzly

Braverman of course said something similar about asylum seekers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/26/suella-braverman-small-boat-arri

Surely, given our history, rocking up in a boat to other people's countries uninvited is EXTREMELY British?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 23:40 - May 4 with 1172 viewsBlueBadger

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:19 - May 4 by ElderGrizzly

They won't be sorry he's said it, just sorry he's been caught.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 09:42 - May 5 with 970 viewsGuthrum

Starkey saying the quiet things out loud again on 22:14 - May 4 by HARRY10

Strictly speaking, he was correct in that slavery was not a deliberate attempt to wipe out a cultural or ethnic group (e.g. the Holocaust), which is the definition of genocide.

But it's not a good look to be arguing semantics on a topic such as that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024