Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester have gone up a couple of gears in the last ten minutes 13:46 - Aug 6 with 904 viewsGeoffSentence

like a different team

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leicester have gone up a couple of gears in the last ten minutes on 13:58 - Aug 6 with 843 viewsbournemouthblue

Agreed, they've deserved it in the last 20 really

They looked very beatable up to that point

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:09 - Aug 6 with 784 viewsrodney76

I watched the game, and it left me a tad dispirited for our chances. Those who say that the Championship is weak this year should watch this.
The pace, passing and the individual skill from both sides was light years better than L.1.

Coventry will be up there. They deserved more on the day.

We could be in for a shock, or we could cause shocks. Who knows?

We'll find out more at 5 O' Clock.
Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:18 - Aug 6 with 746 viewsdavblue

Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:09 - Aug 6 by rodney76

I watched the game, and it left me a tad dispirited for our chances. Those who say that the Championship is weak this year should watch this.
The pace, passing and the individual skill from both sides was light years better than L.1.

Todays game isn’t going to tell us all we need to know about this season. We have a very poor record at SOL 10 losses, 1 draw and 1 win and that was Uber Mick when they were a shambles.

Think we will be fine, anything between 8th and 14th will have been a good season this year currently. I see it as a transition season, building on last year and starting to build towards next season.
Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:22 - Aug 6 with 724 viewsrodney76

Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:18 - Aug 6 by davblue

Todays game isn’t going to tell us all we need to know about this season. We have a very poor record at SOL 10 losses, 1 draw and 1 win and that was Uber Mick when they were a shambles.

Think we will be fine, anything between 8th and 14th will have been a good season this year currently. I see it as a transition season, building on last year and starting to build towards next season.

No, not all, but as I said, we'll find out more.
Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:27 - Aug 6 with 688 viewsBloomBlue

Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:09 - Aug 6 by rodney76

I think our, pace, passing and individual skill is on a par with either of those teams. But football is about what happens over a season not just one game, a long, long way to go.
The key for me in the championship is not to panic when we have the bad patch as all teams do. My concern based on the last few years is when we suffer that bad patch a lot of Town fans will totally overreact rather than support the team.
Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 653 viewsBlueOura

Yes it was a high quality game. Player for player we are definitely not at that level at the moment. Whether our togetherness, organisation and momentum can bridge the gap somewhat, remains to be seen, but we should not be expecting to seriously challenge for promotion just yet. A comfortable mid-table finish and beating the scum at least once will be a great season in my book.
Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 647 viewspointofblue

Leicester have gone up a coule of gears in the last ten minutes on 14:27 - Aug 6 by BloomBlue

I think our, pace, passing and individual skill is on a par with either of those teams. But football is about what happens over a season not just one game, a long, long way to go.
The key for me in the championship is not to panic when we have the bad patch as all teams do. My concern based on the last few years is when we suffer that bad patch a lot of Town fans will totally overreact rather than support the team.

As someone else said earlier in the week, every team from seventh downwards lost 15 or more games last season. Even Middlesbrough lost 15 in fourth. I sense the quality of the division is better this year, which means there might be a slightly bigger gulf between top and bottom. Not winning two games on the bounce very often should be expected this year, as should at least one run of one win in five or six at some point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024