Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all 22:25 - Nov 3 with 2188 viewsunstableblue

Just have a feeling that if we win the next two games convincingly then it’s going to be season defining… and we may go all the way

Falter and we let in dirty Leeds

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 22:33 - Nov 3 with 2089 viewsJ2BLUE

Not really. Important but then every game is.

More season defining than Leeds/Leicester in Dec?

Long, long way to go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 22:33 - Nov 3 with 2087 viewstextbackup

I’ll still be over the moon with 4 from these 2 games

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 22:37 - Nov 3 with 2051 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s early November. Slow down and chill.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 23:55 - Nov 3 with 1801 viewsVegtablue

Hope we do and hope you're right.

Leeds have one more point after 15 games than Farke's Norwich in 18/19, who finished on 94 points. Same points as Farke's Norwich in 20/21, who finished on 97 points. Leeds have a brilliant squad and that was a brilliant performance, so I haven't shaken the feeling that a very big total will be needed to deny Leeds a top two finish.

Southampton have cleared significantly more of the toughest matches on paper than the rest of us and have the same points after 14 games as Sheff Utd last season, who finished on 91 points; they have one less point than Burnley had, who finished on 101 points. Southampton have a largely brilliant squad but the manager is unproven and the goalkeeper is struggling, so I'm not nearly as confident they'll exceed 90. Very bold to discount them today though, given the best sides (statistically: us, Leicester, Leeds, Boro and Sunderland) can't slow then down again until March.

Leicester will finish above 90 points.
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 00:02 - Nov 4 with 1775 viewstractordownsouth

Said it on another thread but that Leeds side have the potential to string together a run of form similar to ours at the end of last season. They're still a bit chaotic to watch but their defensive record has massively improved.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 00:14 - Nov 4 with 1740 viewscharlie1

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 22:33 - Nov 3 by textbackup

I’ll still be over the moon with 4 from these 2 games

Agreed.
We haven’t looked at our absolute best against Bristol and Plymouth, but got the results we needed.

4 points would be an excellent return from any two away games this season.
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 02:56 - Nov 4 with 1605 viewsBigCommon

Honestly think the Jan window will be more season defining than a few dropped points between now and next week...Obviously, we want to keep winning games.. But I really hope them in charge are planning well for the next window... We could strengthen, whiist its possible for our rivals to lose one or two players...
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 04:01 - Nov 4 with 1525 viewsMercian

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 02:56 - Nov 4 by BigCommon

Honestly think the Jan window will be more season defining than a few dropped points between now and next week...Obviously, we want to keep winning games.. But I really hope them in charge are planning well for the next window... We could strengthen, whiist its possible for our rivals to lose one or two players...

Messi on a 6 mouth loan.
Login to get fewer ads

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 06:17 - Nov 4 with 1425 viewsEssexBloo

Long way to go but I do feel the same.

In terms of squad value we are an underdog competing with three multi-million pound premier league squads. It feels the pressure could get to us and that we will not be able to sustain competing with those 3.

But, win the next two and I’ll happily change my mind! Also agree the Jan window is going to be important for us.
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 07:05 - Nov 4 with 1351 viewsfranz_tyson

We've got 33 games left.

Isn't this a bit Norwichy.... thinking that what happens in October or November defines your season... or legacy. Think Norwich's history-defining game in October against Bayern Munich.

We could win the next two...and then only win two in the next ten. Just enjoy it and be prepared that it might not last even though our manager and players are doing us proud.
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 07:38 - Nov 4 with 1188 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 06:17 - Nov 4 by EssexBloo

Long way to go but I do feel the same.

In terms of squad value we are an underdog competing with three multi-million pound premier league squads. It feels the pressure could get to us and that we will not be able to sustain competing with those 3.

But, win the next two and I’ll happily change my mind! Also agree the Jan window is going to be important for us.

I don't think there's any pressure on us. We're the upstarts exceeding expectations, the pressure's all on them and their prem-filled-and-prem-value squads.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 09:07 - Nov 4 with 992 viewsRonFearonsHair

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 04:01 - Nov 4 by Mercian

Messi on a 6 mouth loan.

A very tongue in cheek comment if ever I saw one.
2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 09:53 - Nov 4 with 930 viewsEdwardStone

2 games to define the season, 2 games to rule them all on 09:07 - Nov 4 by RonFearonsHair

A very tongue in cheek comment if ever I saw one.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes........yes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024