Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So many people are far too down on today 20:25 - Dec 16 with 1068 viewsGarv

The fourteen year wait should be irrelevant really. The fact is during that fourteen year period they've just been better than us by a country mile, and pretty much every time they played us they looked a better side with more talented players.

That isn't the case anymore, that's clear for everyone to see. We played our classic game today and created three or four brilliant first half chances. Normally we score two or three, today we didn't. Maybe derby day nerves? I think that is understandable.

Anyway, we're 10 points ahead of third place and are about to play the sides top and third within a week. 'They' are not important.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So many people are far too down on today on 20:28 - Dec 16 with 1004 viewstcblue

Yep.

And Morsy didn't pick up a yellow in the most likely game to do so, and we didn't pick up any injuries.

The next two games are far more important for the season. COYB
So many people are far too down on today on 20:31 - Dec 16 with 965 viewsIllinoisblue

Would have stung more if Leeds have won but all in all, not too fussed. Bigger games to come.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So many people are far too down on today on 20:41 - Dec 16 with 893 viewsTheBoyBlue

The 14-year thing would only be an issue if we were still struggling. It was always just another rubbish thing in following Town back then. Now its 2 point dropped that has been mitigated by Leeds also dropping 2 points. I would have been annoyed if we'd lost, but a draw is no biggy. Bigger games to come.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So many people are far too down on today on 20:41 - Dec 16 with 895 viewsChurchman

There is nothing to be down about. We have a smashing team, a club that’s moving forwards and have had a calendar year that’s frankly unbelievable. We deserved to win but came up short. No shame in that. It’s sport it happens. And at the end of the day we’re 10 points clear of 3rd and have trousered 7 points this week. Boom!

What felt odd is that for years we’ve gone into matches against them as the underdog. A punchers chance in the play offs, relieved we could get a draw here and there, hope that grit and determination would be enough to get something. Sometimes it did, too often it didn’t.

Not now. They are well short of us. Scratching around in their horrible kit to hang in there, scraping a draw. What their peculiar manager was watching, god only knows. If he thought they deserved something from that, the tablets aren’t working.

There’s nothing to feel down about. Let’s trample all over them at their place.
POST OF THE DAY on 20:46 - Dec 16 with 845 viewsunstableblue

Seriously there are people moaning about today.

Norwich have basically played us off the park in literally every game since our last win.

Today we completely dominated and they were holding on for their dear lives.

Yes we needed to take those first half chances, but we didn’t. We still had 65% posession, 18 shots and 5 on target.

We have Carrow Road to get the win!!

I spoke to a Norwich fan on the train to Colchester and he felt our paths are completely crossing and we deserved to win 3-0.

Amazing how our rivals see the game better than some posters on here

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

POST OF THE DAY on 21:03 - Dec 16 with 743 viewsN2_Blue

POST OF THE DAY on 20:46 - Dec 16 by unstableblue

Seriously there are people moaning about today.

Norwich have basically played us off the park in literally every game since our last win.

Today we completely dominated and they were holding on for their dear lives.

Yes we needed to take those first half chances, but we didn’t. We still had 65% posession, 18 shots and 5 on target.

We have Carrow Road to get the win!!

I spoke to a Norwich fan on the train to Colchester and he felt our paths are completely crossing and we deserved to win 3-0.

Amazing how our rivals see the game better than some posters on here

I don’t get how so many of our support are so down on today. These games are always horrible. Form can go out of the window and any result is on the table.

But the gulf in class between the teams was evident despite the result. There is a reason we are 21 points ahead of them and it was clear to see in how we dominated them and on another day win that 3-0.

Leeds not closing the gap makes me feel positive.

In many ways the game v Leeds is more important than today in terms of the league, I know we want to beat them bad but they so far off us at the moment they’re irrelevant and if we don’t lose to Leeds we are in a wonderful position

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

POST OF THE DAY on 21:10 - Dec 16 with 678 viewsTheBoyBlue

POST OF THE DAY on 21:03 - Dec 16 by N2_Blue

I don’t get how so many of our support are so down on today. These games are always horrible. Form can go out of the window and any result is on the table.

But the gulf in class between the teams was evident despite the result. There is a reason we are 21 points ahead of them and it was clear to see in how we dominated them and on another day win that 3-0.

Leeds not closing the gap makes me feel positive.

In many ways the game v Leeds is more important than today in terms of the league, I know we want to beat them bad but they so far off us at the moment they’re irrelevant and if we don’t lose to Leeds we are in a wonderful position

I'm not sure many are.

Understandably disappointed at two dropped points perhaps, but I think most Town fans have got pretty good at seeing the bigger picture and reacted positively.

The Leeds result helped too!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024