Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterday 18:56 - Dec 17 with 2440 views_clive_baker_

Needless to say very disappointing to draw that game, quite honestly I thought we were by far the better side and as McKenna said afterwards, if we play that game 10 times we win more than we don't. That's what gives me a lot of continued encouragement though, results are one thing but the level of performances against midtable sides like them and the dominance we've shown has been so good, it really is a sign of how ridiculously far we've come in the past 2 years. In recent games against that lot even when we've got draws I've come away thinking we huffed and puffed pretty well, but ultimately they've been the better side. Complete role reversal now though with where both clubs are at, they dug in and got a bit of a 'smash and grab' point thanks to 2 really poor goals to give away, but if that's a boxing match we comfortably win it on points.

Of course it would've been lovely to get the result the performance deserved, but in terms of the bigger picture it wasn't a bad weekend with Leeds also drawing at home. We're still 10 points clear of 2nd, we've got a potential banana skin out of the way and we're a step closer to the main goal.

9 days from now we'll have been away to Leeds (3rd), Southampton (4th), West Brom (5th), Sunderland (7th), Watford (9th) as well as tricky trips to Boro, Stoke, Bristol City and Birmingham. So far 16 points from 21 in that lot, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Thought the crowd and atmosphere was great, although I have to say throwing a beer can and punching the window of Delia's car is a d1ck move. Whatever anyone thinks about her she's an 80 year old woman, she looked visibly shaken from it and emotions run high, but I would prefer our supporters to conduct themselves better than that.

All in all a decent performance, disappointing result, but on we go to Leeds.

COYB
Thoughts on yesterday on 19:17 - Dec 17 with 2335 viewsHerbivore

First half in particular we were excellent and two or three nil would have been a much fairer reflection on the game than the 1-1 it turned out to be. Disappointing to concede a sloppy, somewhat spawny goal that looked offside as well. To then concede just after half time was not ideal, another spawny goal to boot, and typical really for Norwich to score with more or less their first two serious entries into our box with the gods seeming to smile on them. Glad we got back on terms quickly and we looked the team who were likely to win it but they defended and sh!thoused like a lower league side and made it hard to carve out clear chances. Think we win that game 9 times out of 10 on the balance of play and chances so certainly nothing to worry about, just a shame not to get the win we deserved.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thoughts on yesterday on 19:58 - Dec 17 with 2207 viewsFrimleyBlue

9 days from now we'll have been away to Leeds (3rd), Southampton (4th), West Brom (5th), Sunderland (7th), Watford (9th) as well as tricky trips to Boro, Stoke, Bristol City and Birmingham. So far 16 points from 21 in that lot, which is absolutely ridiculous.

That is fantastic.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:12 - Dec 17 with 2168 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

As I understand it they didn't even know Delia was in that car, it had blacked out windows. And people got arsey with the driver as he was nearly driving into people.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:21 - Dec 17 with 2113 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:12 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

As I understand it they didn't even know Delia was in that car, it had blacked out windows. And people got arsey with the driver as he was nearly driving into people.

You could see her husband in the front seat next to the driver. I think most people very quickly knew who it was to be honest.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:37 - Dec 17 with 2054 views_clive_baker_

There were a lot of people shouting abuse towards them, knowing full well who it was.
Thoughts on yesterday on 20:40 - Dec 17 with 2022 views_clive_baker_

Thoughts on yesterday on 19:58 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

That is fantastic.

I actually meant 15, not 9. Point stands though, after Stoke away on NYD I look at that final 20 games and think there’s a lot of points for the taking if we play like we have been.
Thoughts on yesterday on 20:46 - Dec 17 with 2003 viewsSomethingBlue

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:40 - Dec 17 by _clive_baker_

I actually meant 15, not 9. Point stands though, after Stoke away on NYD I look at that final 20 games and think there’s a lot of points for the taking if we play like we have been.

I'll be fascinated to see where we are at the end of January. We'll have had to cope without Burgess, Luongo & presumably a suspended Morsy for a while by then and, as well as the three Leeds/Leicester games, will have faced a Sunderland side capable of anything on their day. If we can maintain anything like our current buffer by the time we've hosted Rotherham on 27th, or even still be in the top two at all quite frankly, there's a very enticing run of 10 games to Blackburn on 29 Mar that could just put us on the brink.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 20:47]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thoughts on yesterday on 21:32 - Dec 17 with 1855 viewsKev_W

Thoughts on yesterday on 20:46 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

I'll be fascinated to see where we are at the end of January. We'll have had to cope without Burgess, Luongo & presumably a suspended Morsy for a while by then and, as well as the three Leeds/Leicester games, will have faced a Sunderland side capable of anything on their day. If we can maintain anything like our current buffer by the time we've hosted Rotherham on 27th, or even still be in the top two at all quite frankly, there's a very enticing run of 10 games to Blackburn on 29 Mar that could just put us on the brink.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 20:47]

At the end of January we will also have a view on how the team might look with January signings
It’s often said that the team that finishes the season is different to the one that starts and that was certainly very true for us last season. Maybe a couple of key signings will make a significant difference and perhaps begin a further period of evolution and the maturing of McKenna’s vision for the team. Maybe we strengthen the squad but the starting 11 from January onwards could look much the same as now. My hunch is that the club are aiming for the former but the difficulty of doing business in the January window might mean settling for the latter.

My assumption is that it will be very tight at the top by the end of January with the current top four bunched together.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:04 - Dec 18 with 1495 viewsPendejo

privacy glass and a driver wearing a yellow tie, hmm, it was hardly going to be random fan on their big away day. Can't believe the security teams from both clubs hadn't discussed this before hand, totally foreseeable.

In a previous career providing transport for US Embassy including 3 presidential visits every what if scenario would have been consideted, I know she's "only a cook" but surely this match would have noon considered high risk?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:36 - Dec 18 with 1434 viewsArnieM

Whilst I in no way condone the actions of some fans towards Smiths car. My point remains the same. Just what the hell was it doing in a designated “ Ipswich Area” prior to the match??

They do not have my sympathy I’m afraid. If you drive through a welcome parade of your arch rivals on a derby match day you can expect the response they got. What makes them so special that they can ignore the police advice re segregation on the day? … and tbh had it been a big city derby game that response would have been significantly more aggressive than the one she got from Town fans.

It’s been blown out of all proportion I would suggest, and will be “ used” by the norwich based media to the full, once again, to discredit anything to do with ITFC, and no doubt will be used by BBC norwich, and About norwich to deflect from their own club’s shortcomings and rapid decline.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:46 - Dec 18 with 1400 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts on yesterday on 21:32 - Dec 17 by Kev_W

At the end of January we will also have a view on how the team might look with January signings
It’s often said that the team that finishes the season is different to the one that starts and that was certainly very true for us last season. Maybe a couple of key signings will make a significant difference and perhaps begin a further period of evolution and the maturing of McKenna’s vision for the team. Maybe we strengthen the squad but the starting 11 from January onwards could look much the same as now. My hunch is that the club are aiming for the former but the difficulty of doing business in the January window might mean settling for the latter.

My assumption is that it will be very tight at the top by the end of January with the current top four bunched together.

I'm not sure it'll be super tight, but you never know. For Leeds to narrow the gap to 3 points by the end of January they'd need to be better than us by a point a game over the 7 fixtures between now and then. That means if they carry on at roughly 2 points per game we'd have to drop off to just a point per game, which is basically relegation form or close to it. Even during our worst run of the season we were averaging over 1.8 points per game and I don't see anything in the way we're playing to suggest our form will collapse over the next 6 weeks. It could, of course, as that's always possible but I'd be surprised.

Thoughts on yesterday on 08:43 - Dec 18 with 1281 viewsChurchman

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:36 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

Whilst I in no way condone the actions of some fans towards Smiths car. My point remains the same. Just what the hell was it doing in a designated “ Ipswich Area” prior to the match??

They do not have my sympathy I’m afraid. If you drive through a welcome parade of your arch rivals on a derby match day you can expect the response they got. What makes them so special that they can ignore the police advice re segregation on the day? … and tbh had it been a big city derby game that response would have been significantly more aggressive than the one she got from Town fans.

It’s been blown out of all proportion I would suggest, and will be “ used” by the norwich based media to the full, once again, to discredit anything to do with ITFC, and no doubt will be used by BBC norwich, and About norwich to deflect from their own club’s shortcomings and rapid decline.

I agree with this. I’d be interested to know what they were doing there. The Ipswich bus passed me just as I was ambling into Sir Alf Ramsey Way, outriders, police car etc. I presume Smith was following it, not that I noticed.

Sir Alf Way wasn’t that busy. One or two cars trying to park and people walking to the ground on the path - not in massive numbers. Given the noise and in particular the flares visible from the top of the road, Smith could have waited in SA Way or even reversed with a little help from a policeman. How Smith and co didn’t know what was happening is beyond me. If they were puzzled, a quick look on the internet might have given them a clue. Did they just decide to ‘tailgate’ the bus?

Either way no, it wasn’t nice for Smith and her husband and nothing should have been thrown at them. But it was hardly a surprise and not exactly the Alamo job the mob up the road are trying to present it as. Nobody died, nobody got hurt and I doubt a mostly empty beer can is going to have damaged their expensive car. Storm in a teacup for me.

It was a strange day. With their superiority gone, they seem to be resorting to peculiar behaviour. There’s this non incident, the Cheltenham style way in which they played and the Argentina winning the World Cup style celebration at the end along with all sorts of bizarre claims. Smacks of the desperate and aggrieved to me.
Thoughts on yesterday on 08:46 - Dec 18 with 1241 viewsSomethingBlue

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:46 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

I'm not sure it'll be super tight, but you never know. For Leeds to narrow the gap to 3 points by the end of January they'd need to be better than us by a point a game over the 7 fixtures between now and then. That means if they carry on at roughly 2 points per game we'd have to drop off to just a point per game, which is basically relegation form or close to it. Even during our worst run of the season we were averaging over 1.8 points per game and I don't see anything in the way we're playing to suggest our form will collapse over the next 6 weeks. It could, of course, as that's always possible but I'd be surprised.

One thing is that we're about to miss three pretty key players, perhaps simultaneously – that's a big part of the team's spine and something we haven't dealt with yet. I can't see a collapse but I can see a scenario where we level off for a little while given the adjustments required. Then again we confound my expectations week after week so what do I know.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:11 - Dec 18 with 1142 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:36 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

A lot of the press reported, some still are, that they were following the NCFC team coach! And that the coach was given a hostile reception as well. Apparently TalkSport were reporting it like that this morning.

Mick Dennis reckons it was the police advice…

There were so many other options to take other than that one.

Could’ve come through just before the coach, so wouldn’t have been held up or crawling at 5mph.

Could’ve waited up the road 5 mins to let the coach go through and the crowd clear, it was literally 5 mins as the barriers that were out in place were swiftly removed, people cleared and all the local coaches carrying town fans arrived.

Could’ve gone down West End Road and come in passed the court, could’ve even parked in the compound with the away bus.

They were late anyway as apparently all corporate guests should’ve been in the ground at 10:30, they came passed at around 11:05.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:19 - Dec 18 with 1076 viewshoppy

Thoughts on yesterday on 08:46 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

One thing is that we're about to miss three pretty key players, perhaps simultaneously – that's a big part of the team's spine and something we haven't dealt with yet. I can't see a collapse but I can see a scenario where we level off for a little while given the adjustments required. Then again we confound my expectations week after week so what do I know.

Just as well it’s not just us that will lose players for that time.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Thoughts on yesterday on 12:16 - Dec 18 with 916 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Thoughts on yesterday on 07:04 - Dec 18 by Pendejo

privacy glass and a driver wearing a yellow tie, hmm, it was hardly going to be random fan on their big away day. Can't believe the security teams from both clubs hadn't discussed this before hand, totally foreseeable.

In a previous career providing transport for US Embassy including 3 presidential visits every what if scenario would have been consideted, I know she's "only a cook" but surely this match would have noon considered high risk?

Indeed. It's very odd that she ended up in this position, behind our team bus with all the crowds etc. Someone didn't think that through at all.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thoughts on yesterday on 13:40 - Dec 18 with 781 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts on yesterday on 08:46 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

Possibly, although what does levelling out look like for us? If it's matching our worst 6 game spell of the season we'd still be picking up over 1.8 points per game. And of course others are due to lose players in January as well, some even more so than us.

I'm reasonably relaxed about Burgess and Luongo. Taylor is getting better and better for me and slotted in fine in an excellent away win at Boro. Burgess has been superb but both Fridge and Tuanzebe aren't huge downgrades and should be able to cope with covering for a few games. Morsy is the big miss, if he gets through Saturday I'd not be unhappy with him getting a tactical yellow against Leicester so that Luongo and Taylor can play together against QPR and Stoke. You'd fancy us to still be favourites, at least for the QPR game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024