Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday 17:34 - Jan 25 with 3011 viewsIpstone

we will make their day if we sing them an anti Gillingham Song!
[Post edited 25 Jan 17:34]
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 09:36 - Jan 26 with 2573 viewssmithy69

I lived in Maidstone so have a affinity for it - but singing a song to please another set of supporters is a bit weird

I can guarantee they will sing anti Ipswich songs at some point
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 09:54 - Jan 26 with 2499 viewsNthQldITFC

I like it. There's a place called Gillingham (pronounced Gill-, not Jill- I think) just over the Wavey-knee in Norfolk, so we can kind of justify it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 09:55 - Jan 26 with 2487 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

One of the worst suggestions seen on here
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 2398 viewsstrikalite

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 09:36 - Jan 26 by smithy69

I lived in Maidstone so have a affinity for it - but singing a song to please another set of supporters is a bit weird

They won't sing anti Ipswich songs lol, maybe a couple of banter songs...

This is their day, let's show some class..
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:15 - Jan 26 with 2369 viewslazyblue

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 09:36 - Jan 26 by smithy69

Why ???? Stop this nice crap. Why are you trying to be so nice as it’s a cup game abd I want us to thrash them .
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:20 - Jan 26 with 2329 viewsBig_Jase

Why would we want to make their day?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:25 - Jan 26 with 2295 viewsVaughan8

Shall we clap of they score like fans did when that Luxembourg team did......?

It's all a bit weird.

You never know, we might struggle against them. I would hope not but who knows.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 26 with 2173 viewslizzibee

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:15 - Jan 26 by lazyblue

Why ???? Stop this nice crap. Why are you trying to be so nice as it’s a cup game abd I want us to thrash them .

Exactly this...I don't get all the 'let's be nice to them' and 'show them class'. We need to make the atmosphere as toxic as possible and put their fans off to give our boys the added advantage. It's not a charity game, it's a cup game for us to win, progress, get a decent tie in the next round and bring in money. I want as many goals as possible to give all our boys confidence and belief. The more goals the better and. the louder our fans the better and if that means anti-Maidstone chants so be it:

You've seen the Ipswich now f**k off home will do for starters.
Login to get fewer ads

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:55 - Jan 26 with 2167 viewslizzibee

This is just a weird suggestion - we have no connection with Gillingham. We dont do it for any other club, why start now. Very strange
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:56 - Jan 26 with 2161 viewsjayessess

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:10 - Jan 26 by strikalite

After the Buxton game last year, it really struck me that whilst the narrative on non-league fans in cup ties is always broadly nice, that there's this happy-go-lucky, up-for-the-cup, big day out atmosphere, in reality the visiting support are usually as snide/chippy as any other group of visiting fans.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 11:02 - Jan 26 with 2132 viewssmithy69

Once they go behind - they will no doubts sing anti Ipswich songs. Probably pro norwich songs

All fans are the same

Worst idea I’ve seen on here lol
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 2095 viewsSuffolktractor

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 11:02 - Jan 26 by smithy69

Once they go behind - they will no doubts sing anti Ipswich songs. Probably pro norwich songs

All fans are the same

Worst idea I’ve seen on here lol

I suspect we may be told that ‘we are just a small town near Norwich!’
Wow thanks for reminding us where we live!
Always thought that was a stupid song no matter who sings it.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 12:38 - Jan 26 with 1923 viewsNutkins_Return

For a bit of balance, after all the 'why - let's make it toxic' etc, I've no massive problem with this. The only caveats for me is that we are at least 3 goals up with 20 mins to go and they haven't been d*#ks.

I wouldnt say let's sing anti Gillingham songs. Just a 5 min sing along with them is fine.

For the first 70 though it's all about us and ONLY if we've wrapped it up you can send them home with some nice memories.

No beef with Maidstone. Wish them well once dispatched!

We ARE a classy fan base for the most part. Never ever forget the Billy Sharpe thing. Never been prouder of our fans.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 13:15 - Jan 26 with 1791 viewsTresBonne

I must've forgot the moment when this became a charity game. No, why would we do that?

Hope their fans have a lovely day out and all, but I also hope we thump them 7-0 and send em packing. It's a competitive game in the best cup in the world.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 13:34 - Jan 26 with 1686 viewsBlooos

Genuinely one of the worst things I’ve ever read on here
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 14:28 - Jan 26 with 1546 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 11:08 - Jan 26 by Suffolktractor

I have always liked the "You're just a small club in Fulham" chant when playing Chelsea though.

Probably only because it's geographically correct.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 14:31 - Jan 26 with 1527 viewsNutkins_Return

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 13:34 - Jan 26 by Blooos

Genuinely one of the worst things I’ve ever read on here

Haha, seriously. It's completely harmless. You've not read some of the guff that goes on here.

It's Maidstone FFS. If we have to be full Galatasary cauldron atmosphere against Maidstone then we're in big trouble. For sure let's get the game won first. But last 10-15 minutes if it's 4-0 then why not just enjoy it and create a bit of atmosphere because if it's comfortable it will go flat anyway.

If it's 1-1 or even 2-1 then absolutely not.
[Post edited 26 Jan 14:33]
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 14:40 - Jan 26 with 1491 viewsVegtablue

I expect them to take over tbh! A 12:30 KO against a team we should cruise past doesn't scream noisy home crowd, then there's the displacement of our only reliable singing section to factor in. North could be the best it's been in months, Norwich aside, or it could be even more disjointed than normal. Hopefully it's more lively than I'm predicting and we embrace that cup magic.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 1450 viewsWestSussexBlue

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 11:08 - Jan 26 by Suffolktractor

Always found the “You're just a Bus stop in Chelsea” chant a good one at Fulham.
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 19:43 - Jan 26 with 1264 viewsNutkins_Return

4-0 "one George Fowler" or "he's one of our own" for Fowler
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 00:37 - Jan 27 with 1118 viewslizzibee

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 10:53 - Jan 26 by lizzibee

Exactly this...I don't get all the 'let's be nice to them' and 'show them class'. We need to make the atmosphere as toxic as possible and put their fans off to give our boys the added advantage. It's not a charity game, it's a cup game for us to win, progress, get a decent tie in the next round and bring in money. I want as many goals as possible to give all our boys confidence and belief. The more goals the better and. the louder our fans the better and if that means anti-Maidstone chants so be it:

You've seen the Ipswich now f**k off home will do for starters.

to the two people who have downvoted, I guess you dont watch ipswich or understand the game - is a competition, you want to win and have the edge over the competition.

Jesus, we are not a charity case. Maidstone are a small club we need to bat away to get to the next round.

seriously our fan base can be proper wierd - lets clap an opposing team and hope they have a tip top day our over let's win, progrress and get shed loads of money
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 00:49 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewsSE1blue

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 00:37 - Jan 27 by lizzibee

to the two people who have downvoted, I guess you dont watch ipswich or understand the game - is a competition, you want to win and have the edge over the competition.

Jesus, we are not a charity case. Maidstone are a small club we need to bat away to get to the next round.

seriously our fan base can be proper wierd - lets clap an opposing team and hope they have a tip top day our over let's win, progrress and get shed loads of money

The downvotes are probably related to the last line of your original post. That chant is so tinpot.

For the record I don’t think we need to extend Maidstone any additional welcome other than hosting them and treating them with respect. Think this game could be trickier than some imagine.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 08:01 - Jan 27 with 976 viewsmrfixit426

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 00:49 - Jan 27 by SE1blue

The downvotes are probably related to the last line of your original post. That chant is so tinpot.

For the record I don’t think we need to extend Maidstone any additional welcome other than hosting them and treating them with respect. Think this game could be trickier than some imagine.

Exactly this. I do not join in when this happens at away grounds.

That chant is the definition of what the youngsters these days call "cringe."
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 08:42 - Jan 27 with 902 viewsHanser

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 08:01 - Jan 27 by mrfixit426

Exactly this. I do not join in when this happens at away grounds.

That chant is the definition of what the youngsters these days call "cringe."

I know this might sound cruel and heartless but Ipswich need to absolutely hammer Maidstone this afternoon to show how thorough we can be to our Championship rivals.

I like the fairytale of FA Cup giant killers but not for us. If we don't get double figures, I'll be disappointed. Football is a competitive game and to play otherwise would be patronising to them
even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 08:43 - Jan 27 with 898 viewsmrfixit426

even if we hammer maidstone on Saturday on 08:42 - Jan 27 by Hanser

I know this might sound cruel and heartless but Ipswich need to absolutely hammer Maidstone this afternoon to show how thorough we can be to our Championship rivals.

I like the fairytale of FA Cup giant killers but not for us. If we don't get double figures, I'll be disappointed. Football is a competitive game and to play otherwise would be patronising to them

No problem with that, but what has that got to do with what I'm talking about?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024