Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC4 really is a superb channel 03:17 - Jan 10 with 1263 viewsRyorry

Wonderful progs in quick succession last night; This was riveting (sorry) for historians, sailors, technophiles, thespians & just about everybody else really - if you're not filling up at the end, you're a stronger person than me -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01n8dv0/clydebuilt-the-ships-that-made-the

Followed by old UK knights of stage and screen, incl clips from golden oldie TV dramas such as 'I, Claudius' -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06nsxyn/knights-of-classic-drama-at-the-bb

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 04:51 - Jan 10 with 1221 viewspowinswitch

Love Radio 4. Am I developing into an old git?
BBC4 really is a superb channel on 07:46 - Jan 10 with 1159 viewstractorian

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 04:51 - Jan 10 by powinswitch

Love Radio 4. Am I developing into an old git?

No, we real old gits listen to Hancock's Half-Hour, Men From the Ministry, Goon Show, etc., on Radio 4 Extra. As we ex-National Servicemen used to say to newcomers, "Get some time in!"
BBC4 really is a superb channel on 07:52 - Jan 10 with 1147 viewsNewcyBlue

Will watch it today.

Did you see the Jeremy Clarkson documentary about the Arctic Convoy? Specifically one, PQ17.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 1068 viewsgerard1947

Watched the ships one, enjoyed that. I find myself watching less and less TV on the more popular channels. I always check out BBC4 though.
BBC4 really is a superb channel on 09:58 - Jan 10 with 1042 viewsKeno

that 'I, Claudius" was a bit OTT wasn't it, and really not the kind of thing that should be on the TV

I always said I'll be b4ggered if i watch that

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 10:04 - Jan 10 with 1029 viewsgerard1947

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 07:52 - Jan 10 by NewcyBlue

Will watch it today.

Did you see the Jeremy Clarkson documentary about the Arctic Convoy? Specifically one, PQ17.

Just finished a good book you might enjoy. Jonathon Dimbleby's Battle of the Atlantic covers pretty much everything that happened at sea in WW2. It's incredible how many perished on both sides, often in most terrible circumstances.

I was fascinated how Churchill used the Battle of the Atlantic to manipulate events and hasten America's entry to the war, and to influence popular opinion in the US.
BBC4 really is a superb channel on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 913 viewsGeoffSentence

Sounds weird, but The Magic Of Mushrooms, a program about fungii funnily enough was fascinating. BBC4 is my favourite TV Channel without a doubt. Sadly on the telly front I normally have to give way to wifey and her soaps meaing that I end up watching it all on catchup.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 18:18 - Jan 10 with 843 viewsRyorry

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 07:52 - Jan 10 by NewcyBlue

Will watch it today.

Nope, but will seek out, cheers.

After those two btw, I watched David Starkey on music and the monarchy in Tudor era - sounds nerdy, but was actually v. interesting.

Login to get fewer ads

BBC4 really is a superb channel on 23:58 - Jan 10 with 770 viewsRyorry

Anyone see the film on Lech Walesa which has just finished?

Truly inspiring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024