Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club 18:42 - Jan 19 with 954 viewsunstableblue

When the manager has just made a statement that he will consider his position in the summer?!

No player wants to be brought to a club by a manager who is planning to leave.

Or to a club who's system is so poor they are regularly played off the park at home in terms of passing, and have just lost to a conference side.

These are awful times at ITFC.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 18:48 - Jan 19 with 932 viewsjrobot

we managed to get Kieffer Moore a player who a national football conference team had loaned out (i guess as he wasn't good enough to get in their team) and we just attracted unattached Jordan Spence who had had trials with a few other league teams who had chosen not to sign him, so I am sure we can continue along this vein of attracting players.
Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 18:54 - Jan 19 with 903 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a non-issue. He's got a year left when he gets to the summer so of course he'll start thinking about what he wants to do then. I think you're reading too much into it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 894 viewsunstableblue

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 18:54 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

It's a non-issue. He's got a year left when he gets to the summer so of course he'll start thinking about what he wants to do then. I think you're reading too much into it.

I'm just reading into what a prospective player and his agent would read into it.

It's all just nuts I'm afraid.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 19:04 - Jan 19 with 852 viewsoldbluestu

Or.. I think I move to Ipswich because they show loyalty when things aren't going well
Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 19:08 - Jan 19 with 826 viewslazyblue

You want honesty and you got it.

If a player comes to Ipswich it will make no difference what he says about his future as players in the long term are in it for themselves.
Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 19:12 - Jan 19 with 802 viewsSwansea_Blue

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 18:55 - Jan 19 by unstableblue

I'm just reading into what a prospective player and his agent would read into it.

It's all just nuts I'm afraid.

I don't think they'd give a monkeys. The norm these days is for managers to change multiple times over the length of a typical 2 or 3 years playing contract. Players are well used to managerial changes.

I also think it's pretty clear from the actions and words coming out of the club that we're not reactive - that's as equally as likely to be useful in attracting players and our next manager alike.

We're the steady eddie of the Championship. Just not very exciting for us...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 21:04 - Jan 19 with 644 viewsRyorry

Am I missing something here - how can we attract players to a club on 19:12 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think they'd give a monkeys. The norm these days is for managers to change multiple times over the length of a typical 2 or 3 years playing contract. Players are well used to managerial changes.

I also think it's pretty clear from the actions and words coming out of the club that we're not reactive - that's as equally as likely to be useful in attracting players and our next manager alike.

We're the steady eddie of the Championship. Just not very exciting for us...

Eddie the Eagle more like.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024