Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit 13:15 - Jan 26 with 6131 viewskizaitfc

Really dont like to be negative about a signing we havent even seen yet

But, this goes completely against the plan surely, we should be looking at younger upcoming players on a reasonable wage, whether that be our youth system or the U23 leagues around us.

I'd imagine the wages for Taylor wont be peanuts either and you have to wonder why aren't other teams looking at him? why does an MLS side not want him?

Its another short term signing and a signing of an unwanted player which is part of the problem at the club

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:16 - Jan 26 with 3259 viewsSamuelowen88

Not even signed has he?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:16 - Jan 26 with 3246 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:16 - Jan 26 by Samuelowen88

Not even signed has he?

Mick has confirmed he is trying to sign him

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:18 - Jan 26 with 3204 viewscatch74

I do get this one, experienced stop gap to cover Webster's injury.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 3190 viewsReuser_is_God

It does go against the plan but it's a stop gap whilst Webster is out.

Also have you seen how awful Berra has been lately?

We currently have him, Chambers, Digby & Smith as CB's. Digby will be dropped soon aswell if this run continues.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 3188 viewsSteve_M

Given that Webster is out for the season and Smith is still injured, would you rather that we were just left with Berra, Chambers and the inexperienced Digby for the rest of the season?

It makes perfect sense to strengthen where we are now weaker, especially so without the ability to bring in anyone else on loan.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 3172 viewsSarge

We've lost Webster and we may lose Berra, this is the one signing that actually does make sense.
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:22 - Jan 26 with 3114 viewsLankHenners

May I suggest the novel approach of waiting to see how he plays for us before passing judgment?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:23 - Jan 26 with 3112 viewschicoazul

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

Given that Webster is out for the season and Smith is still injured, would you rather that we were just left with Berra, Chambers and the inexperienced Digby for the rest of the season?

It makes perfect sense to strengthen where we are now weaker, especially so without the ability to bring in anyone else on loan.

Thought Digby looked alright against Lincoln and was the only guy who competed with Fat Man in the air. I take your point but i'd like to see him given a crack now Webster is out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:23 - Jan 26 with 3102 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 by Sarge

We've lost Webster and we may lose Berra, this is the one signing that actually does make sense.

He can also play right back as can, it seems, half the squad.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:24 - Jan 26 with 3078 viewsmaccyd9

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

It does make perfect sense.

Even more so when you consider that if fit, he'd probably be our best centre back. Just under 200 Premiership games and still only 31 is not something to be sniffed at.

Could be a cult hero type with the way he plays. If he is fit and the feeling is he can stay fit, it's a no brainer.
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:24 - Jan 26 with 3063 viewsTractorCam

Unwanted player? Most of the fans (myself included) would be happy to welcome him. Our defence has been leaky of late and with the Webster injury this signings adds experience for the short term with Webster out.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:25 - Jan 26 with 3030 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:19 - Jan 26 by Reuser_is_God

It does go against the plan but it's a stop gap whilst Webster is out.

Also have you seen how awful Berra has been lately?

We currently have him, Chambers, Digby & Smith as CB's. Digby will be dropped soon aswell if this run continues.

Would a loan signing not make more sense in that case

Taylor is going to be on a decent wage and is going to want a couple of years on his contract

With Berra looking like hes off at least by summer we should be looking for a more permanent fix not a stop gap, didnt exactly work with Best did it

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:26 - Jan 26 with 2988 viewsgiant_stow

with apologies for getting involved in in-house matters, i bet he gets sent off within his first 3 games. (sportsmans bet, before anyone puts money down)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:27 - Jan 26 with 2959 viewsSarge

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:25 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

Taylor is going to be on a decent wage and is going to want a couple of years on his contract

With Berra looking like hes off at least by summer we should be looking for a more permanent fix not a stop gap, didnt exactly work with Best did it

If he wants a couple of years on his contract then that is a permanent fix. He's not that old, has incredible experience and if he's fit then would be a good signing even if we weren't desperate. A loan would be a short termist stop gap.
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:27 - Jan 26 with 2948 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:22 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

May I suggest the novel approach of waiting to see how he plays for us before passing judgment?

agree 100% and thats what id normally say to others that post this kind of negative comment

But its not the fact I don't think he'll be any good, but its at what price and how long will he be here.

And id rather spend the money we will be paying on his wages on a decent youth prospect and take a gamble on that

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:27 - Jan 26 with 2927 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:24 - Jan 26 by TractorCam

Unwanted player? Most of the fans (myself included) would be happy to welcome him. Our defence has been leaky of late and with the Webster injury this signings adds experience for the short term with Webster out.

I mean it doesnt seem other teams are looking at him

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:28 - Jan 26 with 2912 viewsITFCBlues

We can't have a side of 18 year olds can we?

Plenty of experience and needed after Webster injury

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:29 - Jan 26 with 2893 viewsTractorWood

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:24 - Jan 26 by maccyd9

It does make perfect sense.

Even more so when you consider that if fit, he'd probably be our best centre back. Just under 200 Premiership games and still only 31 is not something to be sniffed at.

Could be a cult hero type with the way he plays. If he is fit and the feeling is he can stay fit, it's a no brainer.

Agree in principal but worth saying that only 30 of those appearances are in the last 5 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:30 - Jan 26 with 2874 viewsTractorCam

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:27 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

I mean it doesnt seem other teams are looking at him

Our squad is much smaller than the rest of the league, and like I say, Webster and Smith being injured means we're shorter at the back

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:31 - Jan 26 with 2855 viewsTLA

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:25 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

I'd imagine we'd sign him until the end of the season, possibly with an option for another year, which we could take depending on form and fitness.

Even if his wage is quite high, there would be no loan fee so, all in all, I can see some sense in this.
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:31 - Jan 26 with 2828 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:28 - Jan 26 by ITFCBlues

We can't have a side of 18 year olds can we?

Plenty of experience and needed after Webster injury

Experience is not always key, we have Berra one side for the experience, Smith when he's fit.

My issue is for how long will he be in our back 4 if he ever gets in to it

If we are really going to go into the low budget club we need to look to the future and get a long term team together, Im not saying all 18 year olds, but signing 30 years olds every season like we are doing is not going to work with the plan ME has in place

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:32 - Jan 26 with 2823 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I was against it when I first heard about it but can kind of understand it now.

We need leaders out there on the pitch with our run of games coming up and a possible relegation scrap on our hands. Taylor will bring that with him at least and we need an experienced head at the back right now as we are leaking goals left, right & center.

Am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till I have seen him play a few games for us at least.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:32 - Jan 26 with 2791 viewskizaitfc

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:18 - Jan 26 by catch74

I do get this one, experienced stop gap to cover Webster's injury.

Half of our team are stop gaps arent they?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 2789 viewsTractorCam

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:31 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

Experience is not always key, we have Berra one side for the experience, Smith when he's fit.

My issue is for how long will he be in our back 4 if he ever gets in to it

If we are really going to go into the low budget club we need to look to the future and get a long term team together, Im not saying all 18 year olds, but signing 30 years olds every season like we are doing is not going to work with the plan ME has in place

We play back 5 now

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 2769 viewsSteve_M

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:23 - Jan 26 by chicoazul

Thought Digby looked alright against Lincoln and was the only guy who competed with Fat Man in the air. I take your point but i'd like to see him given a crack now Webster is out.

Yes, I did too. We should certainly see if he can step up or he ends up being another pointless signing.

Still think that Taylor is a good idea for the rest of the season though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024