Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit 13:15 - Jan 26 with 6166 viewskizaitfc

Really dont like to be negative about a signing we havent even seen yet

But, this goes completely against the plan surely, we should be looking at younger upcoming players on a reasonable wage, whether that be our youth system or the U23 leagues around us.

I'd imagine the wages for Taylor wont be peanuts either and you have to wonder why aren't other teams looking at him? why does an MLS side not want him?

Its another short term signing and a signing of an unwanted player which is part of the problem at the club

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 2387 viewshoppy

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:22 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

May I suggest the novel approach of waiting to see how he plays for us before passing judgment?

Some people just like to have a snipe... which isn't a good move where Steven Taylor is concerned...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:36 - Jan 26 with 2363 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

We're crying out for experience at the back. Chambers might have a good fist pump but I wouldn't trust him to organise a knees up in a local... otherwise we have an unsettled Berra, who looks shot of confidence and is half the player he was when we signed him, Knudsen and Digby who are inexperienced.

We need organisation and hopefully Taylor's experience will bring that. Think Mogga in 2000 and the difference he made!
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:38 - Jan 26 with 2355 viewsTractorWood

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:36 - Jan 26 by King_ding_a_lin_g

We're crying out for experience at the back. Chambers might have a good fist pump but I wouldn't trust him to organise a knees up in a local... otherwise we have an unsettled Berra, who looks shot of confidence and is half the player he was when we signed him, Knudsen and Digby who are inexperienced.

We need organisation and hopefully Taylor's experience will bring that. Think Mogga in 2000 and the difference he made!

Fair enough. Seems strange to think a 31 year old experienced player is the answer to Berra's lack of confidence though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:40 - Jan 26 with 2341 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:38 - Jan 26 by TractorWood

Fair enough. Seems strange to think a 31 year old experienced player is the answer to Berra's lack of confidence though.

I'm not even sure it's a confidence issue with Berra, I just think maybe he wants out. He needs to be dropped because his performances have been poor but Mick has so few players available that that isn't an option.
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:42 - Jan 26 with 2333 viewsDolly2.0

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:25 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

Would a loan signing not make more sense in that case

Taylor is going to be on a decent wage and is going to want a couple of years on his contract

With Berra looking like hes off at least by summer we should be looking for a more permanent fix not a stop gap, didnt exactly work with Best did it

Why do you keep going on about his wages being high? Where is the evidence for this? He's been released by Portland Timbers!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:51 - Jan 26 with 2295 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:38 - Jan 26 by TractorWood

If we play with a back three Taylor would be least likely to play on the left side. We could end the season with a regular back three of Taylor, Webster & Smith with two young wing backs.Not certain wher Spencer & Digby fit in apart from as cover.

3-4-3 it is then.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:54 - Jan 26 with 2276 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I assume he left them rather than they didn't want him

He probably wanted a year in America but no more

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 2268 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:51 - Jan 26 by Pinewoodblue

If we play with a back three Taylor would be least likely to play on the left side. We could end the season with a regular back three of Taylor, Webster & Smith with two young wing backs.Not certain wher Spencer & Digby fit in apart from as cover.

3-4-3 it is then.

Right wing back is by no means Emmanuels! Spence is there to push Emmanuel... and he looked every bit as good as him against Huddersfield. Healthy competition. Which incidentally is exactly what Taylor should hopefully provide if Berra stays. Could be the kick up the bottom he needs.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 2266 viewsDolly2.0

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:54 - Jan 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I assume he left them rather than they didn't want him

He probably wanted a year in America but no more

Why do you keep perpetuating this? Do you have any evidence for it?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 14:43 - Jan 26 with 2227 viewsTractorWood

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:40 - Jan 26 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I'm not even sure it's a confidence issue with Berra, I just think maybe he wants out. He needs to be dropped because his performances have been poor but Mick has so few players available that that isn't an option.

I think he wants out too. He's lost that 10% that made him one of the best.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 2218 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Phil was trolling us all along, the little tinker. Doesn't look like they'll be a swap deal.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/397194/mccarthy-berra-is-going-nowhere/#0

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 15:19 - Jan 26 with 2195 viewsRobTheMonk

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 14:57 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

So Phil was trolling us all along, the little tinker. Doesn't look like they'll be a swap deal.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/397194/mccarthy-berra-is-going-nowhere/#0

Very much a band aid stop gap but a perfectly acceptable one. Loads of experience and in theory should be fine at this level.

EDIT: Sorry Swansea, didn't actually mean to quote you there haha!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 15:21]
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 16:24 - Jan 26 with 2166 viewsMullet

No. This certainly marks a massive departure in your outlook.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 16:32 - Jan 26 with 2150 viewschevblue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:26 - Jan 26 by giant_stow

with apologies for getting involved in in-house matters, i bet he gets sent off within his first 3 games. (sportsmans bet, before anyone puts money down)

Nonsense, although ..

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 16:32 - Jan 26 with 2145 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:56 - Jan 26 by Dolly2.0

Why do you keep perpetuating this? Do you have any evidence for it?

'Steven Taylor quits Portland Timbers and is looking for a club in Europe'

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-quits-

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:11 - Jan 26 with 2120 viewshowdonblue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:22 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

May I suggest the novel approach of waiting to see how he plays for us before passing judgment?

Quite right

If he is up for the fight he could prove to be a superb signing .
However if he's just topping up his pension fund that's a different ball game
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 2096 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm for talented, young and hungry players but a few leaders wouldn't go a miss also particularly if Berra is likely to be off?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:34 - Jan 26 with 2096 viewsbournemouthblue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:23 - Jan 26 by Pinewoodblue

He can also play right back as can, it seems, half the squad.

As well as a holding midfielder

He looks vastly improved from the player who started against Portsmouth

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:40 - Jan 26 with 2084 viewsDolly2.0

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 16:32 - Jan 26 by The_Romford_Blue

'Steven Taylor quits Portland Timbers and is looking for a club in Europe'

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-quits-

Cheers.

Well, he says he's fit in that so here's hoping. Does make you wonder why he went there in the first place. I just hope he isn't in the Reo-Coker/Lee Bowyer 'old lag looking for a last pay day' camp.

I maintain, players tend to head to the States as they're winding down their careers.

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 19:03 - Jan 26 with 2059 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:40 - Jan 26 by Dolly2.0

Cheers.

Well, he says he's fit in that so here's hoping. Does make you wonder why he went there in the first place. I just hope he isn't in the Reo-Coker/Lee Bowyer 'old lag looking for a last pay day' camp.

I maintain, players tend to head to the States as they're winding down their careers.

No idea why he went there

Hopefully he just fancied something different after 9 years at Newcastle

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 19:24 - Jan 26 with 2046 viewsRyorry

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 18:32 - Jan 26 by bournemouthblue

I'm for talented, young and hungry players but a few leaders wouldn't go a miss also particularly if Berra is likely to be off?

This, more than anything - the one key thing that we've lacked as much as anything recently, is leadership and organisation, and this Taylor can bring in spades, according to MM -

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31037/mccarthy-impressed-by-vocal-organi

A more solid, better orgnised defence and midfield will give us more confidence to go forward.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 19:38 - Jan 26 with 2035 viewsHerbivore

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 13:32 - Jan 26 by kizaitfc

Half of our team are stop gaps arent they?

Half our team? Go on then, interested to hear which half of our regular starters you consider to be stop gaps.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 20:56 - Jan 26 with 1999 viewsnshearman1

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 19:24 - Jan 26 by Ryorry

This, more than anything - the one key thing that we've lacked as much as anything recently, is leadership and organisation, and this Taylor can bring in spades, according to MM -

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31037/mccarthy-impressed-by-vocal-organi

A more solid, better orgnised defence and midfield will give us more confidence to go forward.

Very positive noises from Mick - let's hope he's right...
Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 22:35 - Jan 26 with 1970 viewsRyorry

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 20:56 - Jan 26 by nshearman1

Very positive noises from Mick - let's hope he's right...

If he's right, I think Taylor could be a very, very good signing for us. Obviously no-one will ever replace Magic, but Taylor does sound in that same kind of mould - someone to galvanize us and drive us forward, instead of aimlessly flaffing about in our own half.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Don't like the Taylor signing one bit on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 1967 viewsfeelingblue

Strange. If he can operate at anywhere like his previous level, he will be in a different class to anyone else in our side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024