Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry 12:26 - Apr 5 with 1873 viewsIllinoisblue

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/2999/sheepy-rallies-troops/onthisday

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 1839 viewsBobbychase

Something inside so strong

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 1835 viewsbluewein

Just when I thought that Bolton game was out of my mind, someone pulls it back in.

Goddamn you Illy...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 1835 viewsITFC_Forever

That game still gives me nightmares.

The most I've ever been angry with the team - that result was catastrophic and we haven't recovered from it 15 years later.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:31 - Apr 5 with 1812 viewsIllinoisblue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 by bluewein

Just when I thought that Bolton game was out of my mind, someone pulls it back in.

Goddamn you Illy...

at least I didn't post the video!

62 - 78 - 81

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:32 - Apr 5 with 1804 viewsbluewein

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:31 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

*waits for someone to post the video...*

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:53 - Apr 5 with 1743 viewsBlueBadger

F*ck's sake Illy. It's a lovely day out, I've just taken the dog out, I'm thinking about a spot of lunch, taking the wife out for dinner tonight and you've just shat all over today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:02 - Apr 5 with 1713 viewsBlueBadger

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:32 - Apr 5 by bluewein

*waits for someone to post the video...*

I think even Pazelle or Fishers would baulk at that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:04 - Apr 5 with 1702 viewsclive_baker

'Sheepy'. Phil was a lot less professional back then.

TWTD

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:07 - Apr 5 with 1686 viewsPinewoodblue

Had we won that game Bolton would have gone down instead of Town.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 1678 viewsIllinoisblue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:04 - Apr 5 by clive_baker

'Sheepy'. Phil was a lot less professional back then.

TWTD

yes, there's an enormous contrast between his early work and today's dare I say it professional reports and interviews.

62 - 78 - 81

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 1654 viewsBlueBadger

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:31 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

It wouldn't have just been a down arrow if you had, I'd have click the 'abuse reported' button too.

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:48 - Apr 5 with 1609 viewsfactual_blue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:02 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

I think even Pazelle or Fishers would baulk at that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:51 - Apr 5 with 1596 viewsBlueBadger

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:48 - Apr 5 by factual_blue

You're officially worse than Benters. Well done.

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:51 - Apr 5 with 1595 viewsITFC_Forever

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:48 - Apr 5 by factual_blue

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:53 - Apr 5 with 1579 viewsfactual_blue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:51 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

You're officially worse than Benters. Well done.

Do I get a badge?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:56 - Apr 5 with 1574 viewsBlueBadger

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:53 - Apr 5 by factual_blue

Do I get a badge?

Better, you get a lovely new jumper.

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 14:13 - Apr 5 with 1538 viewsfactual_blue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 13:56 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

Better, you get a lovely new jumper.

Unlike Benters, I don't mind one that isn't white

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 1450 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 by ITFC_Forever

The most I've ever been angry with the team - that result was catastrophic and we haven't recovered from it 15 years later.

And I thought it was just me who felt like this!

I remember being in the gym training myself into the ground as I couldn't get a ticket, and almost pleading with the instructor to switch one of the TVs to the sports channel.

It was about 1535 HRS and he agreed to turn it over.

The TV was obviously broken as it said Bolton 3, Ipswich 0.

I got off the treadmill and turned off that broken TV and switched over another one. To my complete surprise, that TV was also broken or been hacked, as it showed the same score.

It was only when I tried a third TV that the reality of that shocking score and relegation set in, and I resigned myself to us going down as our last 3 games were Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal IIRC.

I was despondent for days, almost felt like a bereavement - and I felt as though I could hear Rodney Marsh laughing - he had really annoyed me by saying that we were a "bad team" earlier that season.

That was the worst I have ever felt about a football match, and still haunts me, although a lot less, today.
Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 23:06 - Apr 5 with 1404 viewsStNeotsBlue

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:28 - Apr 5 by ITFC_Forever

The group I'd travelled up with had been quite thirsty all day, at half time my brother and one of our mates decided to go back to the pub and despite my intense dislike of people leaving games early I couldn't help think that me and the remaining fans were the mugs.

That day and the Chris Marsden moment still irk me.
Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 23:34 - Apr 5 with 1358 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Still cannot believe that it has been 15 years! 😞
Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 00:44 - Apr 6 with 1312 viewspatrickswell

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 23:06 - Apr 5 by StNeotsBlue

The group I'd travelled up with had been quite thirsty all day, at half time my brother and one of our mates decided to go back to the pub and despite my intense dislike of people leaving games early I couldn't help think that me and the remaining fans were the mugs.

That day and the Chris Marsden moment still irk me.

People talk about the Bolton defeat as a terminal moment, but I think that Chris Marsden moment was even more crucial. That lost to Southampton messed us up far worse than the 0-6 to Liverpool. The side had been capitulating for several weeks up to that game, and even when they didn't, they couldn't make it pay (i.e. Marcus Bent failing to score the penalty vs Chelsea etc). The team and manager who had given us so much in the preceding years, screwed up royally that season and, as others have said, we've never recovered.
Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 06:52 - Apr 6 with 1250 viewsWeWereZombies

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 22:40 - Apr 5 by Bad_Boy_Mark

And I thought it was just me who felt like this!

I remember being in the gym training myself into the ground as I couldn't get a ticket, and almost pleading with the instructor to switch one of the TVs to the sports channel.

It was about 1535 HRS and he agreed to turn it over.

The TV was obviously broken as it said Bolton 3, Ipswich 0.

I got off the treadmill and turned off that broken TV and switched over another one. To my complete surprise, that TV was also broken or been hacked, as it showed the same score.

It was only when I tried a third TV that the reality of that shocking score and relegation set in, and I resigned myself to us going down as our last 3 games were Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal IIRC.

I was despondent for days, almost felt like a bereavement - and I felt as though I could hear Rodney Marsh laughing - he had really annoyed me by saying that we were a "bad team" earlier that season.

That was the worst I have ever felt about a football match, and still haunts me, although a lot less, today.

I remember it was a lovely sunny afternoon and I hurried back to the car to catch the last fifteen minutes commentary on the radio, somehow the brightness and warm weather just made it seem worse. And where was I parked up for this massive disappointment - 'kin Norwich.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 07:06 - Apr 6 with 1231 viewsBenters

Hmm, I wonder if we responded well to Sheepy's rallying cry on 12:53 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

F*ck's sake Illy. It's a lovely day out, I've just taken the dog out, I'm thinking about a spot of lunch, taking the wife out for dinner tonight and you've just shat all over today.

You are taximan and i claim my £5 !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024