Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timing of Mick statement 09:20 - Apr 14 with 3318 viewssmellmycheese

2 days before Early Bird deadline!!
Almost like Marcus said let them all renew first Mick and then you can tell them you're staying.
Luckily enough I had yesterday earmarked to renew two adult and two child season tickets but as soon as I read the article published on here I immediately changed my plans.
I just feel very sorry for those who renewed on the back of his previous statement saying he was considering his future in the summer and the rumours of his impending departure.
Is there a cooling off period where season tickets can be cancelled? I'm sure there is many that wish to do exactly that now.
Again the fans have been conned.

ITFC : the greatest club in England
Poll: Clarke Harris to ITFC

Timing of Mick statement on 09:25 - Apr 14 with 2766 viewsbraveblue

Just cancel the direct debit. The statement convinced me to cancel along with three others. All 25 years plus season ticket holders. Milne is a genius!!
Timing of Mick statement on 09:34 - Apr 14 with 2725 viewsMJallday

noones been conned. what are you on about

if you are renewing what is essentially a £1000 a year bill based on 1 article written by someone who may or may not be involved in 12 months time, you deserve all you get.

by the way, this would be the same article that (using slightly different words) has been peddled out of the club for for the last 15 years or so.

if you want to buy a ST because you love ITFC - buy one
if you dont like the way the club is being run - dont buy one

it really is that simple.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Timing of Mick statement on 10:29 - Apr 14 with 2612 viewsBluebell

Your comment about the fans being conned is rubbish. We all knew there was a chance Mick would still be here next season. We all knew Marcus Evans would still own the club. So what has changed?

I have renewed and would have done even if Mickey Mouse had been annouced as our new manager with Donald Duck as his assistant.

It is Ipswich Town I support not whoever owns it or manages the team.
Timing of Mick statement on 10:32 - Apr 14 with 2595 viewsParisBlue

Timing of Mick statement on 10:29 - Apr 14 by Bluebell

Your comment about the fans being conned is rubbish. We all knew there was a chance Mick would still be here next season. We all knew Marcus Evans would still own the club. So what has changed?

I have renewed and would have done even if Mickey Mouse had been annouced as our new manager with Donald Duck as his assistant.

So that's what the MM stands for on Micks tracksuit...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Timing of Mick statement on 10:33 - Apr 14 with 2585 viewsBluebell

Timing of Mick statement on 10:32 - Apr 14 by ParisBlue

So that's what the MM stands for on Micks tracksuit...

I am surprised it has taken you this long to find out!
Timing of Mick statement on 10:34 - Apr 14 with 2580 viewsNo9

Strnagely enough, sitting behind the 'dug out' it looks as though Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck have been here for some time
Timing of Mick statement on 10:36 - Apr 14 with 2552 viewsBluefish

Timing of Mick statement on 10:34 - Apr 14 by No9

Strnagely enough, sitting behind the 'dug out' it looks as though Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck have been here for some time

Bit racist

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Timing of Mick statement on 10:37 - Apr 14 with 2565 viewsPhilTWTD

The idea that Mick times his comments around deadlines in that manner is more than a touch unlikely. I doubt he has any idea when the early bird deadline for season ticket sales is.
Login to get fewer ads

Timing of Mick statement on 10:39 - Apr 14 with 2544 viewsBluefish

Timing of Mick statement on 10:37 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

The idea that Mick times his comments around deadlines in that manner is more than a touch unlikely. I doubt he has any idea when the early bird deadline for season ticket sales is.

I'm not sure anyone took the op seriously. If we looking for a conspiracy surely it would happen 2 days after opposed to before

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Timing of Mick statement on 10:39 - Apr 14 with 2537 viewsNo9

Timing of Mick statement on 10:36 - Apr 14 by Bluefish

Bit racist

??
Timing of Mick statement on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 2520 viewsJ2BLUE

He has been heavily indicating that he's staying for ages now.

His latest comments weren't anything new.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Timing of Mick statement on 10:46 - Apr 14 with 2516 viewsPhilTWTD

Timing of Mick statement on 10:39 - Apr 14 by Bluefish

I'm not sure anyone took the op seriously. If we looking for a conspiracy surely it would happen 2 days after opposed to before

Indeed. The idea that every comment and nuance from a manager/player is carefully timed or calculated in that manner is far from the truth.
Timing of Mick statement on 10:51 - Apr 14 with 2478 viewsNo9

Timing of Mick statement on 10:46 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Indeed. The idea that every comment and nuance from a manager/player is carefully timed or calculated in that manner is far from the truth.

MM has made some very interesting comments of late which indicate he is either under some pressure from above or is not disregarding the fans comments as likes to state.
As an example when questioned on RS why 'Duggie' was not in the squad to go to Fulham MM made the point he had discussed this with JD advising it would not be a good thing due to "the negativity around here".
Other comments he ahs made suggests he had advised the owner that the quality of the squad (after Ian Milnes comments) was / is what you get for the money.
Have you got the impression that he is no longer the flavour of the month with ian Milne & hence with the Owner ???
Timing of Mick statement on 10:57 - Apr 14 with 2447 viewsPhilTWTD

Timing of Mick statement on 10:51 - Apr 14 by No9

MM has made some very interesting comments of late which indicate he is either under some pressure from above or is not disregarding the fans comments as likes to state.
As an example when questioned on RS why 'Duggie' was not in the squad to go to Fulham MM made the point he had discussed this with JD advising it would not be a good thing due to "the negativity around here".
Other comments he ahs made suggests he had advised the owner that the quality of the squad (after Ian Milnes comments) was / is what you get for the money.
Have you got the impression that he is no longer the flavour of the month with ian Milne & hence with the Owner ???

Not sure his relationship with IM is overly significant as MM works to ME but I don't see any signs of a fallout on that front. I have got the impression from the 'Both me and Marcus want to be competitive' comments the other week that there had been a conversation about the requirements to make Town more competitive. Perhaps an expectation that there might be more money to spend might be behind his more bullish recent tone.
Timing of Mick statement on 11:02 - Apr 14 with 2420 viewsNo9

Timing of Mick statement on 10:57 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Not sure his relationship with IM is overly significant as MM works to ME but I don't see any signs of a fallout on that front. I have got the impression from the 'Both me and Marcus want to be competitive' comments the other week that there had been a conversation about the requirements to make Town more competitive. Perhaps an expectation that there might be more money to spend might be behind his more bullish recent tone.

Thanks - we shall see?
Timing of Mick statement on 11:03 - Apr 14 with 2421 viewsPJH

As one of the (apparently) few that very much hope that MM will be here next season I am reading his comment as meaning that he and ME have agreed on a budget for next season that MM would believe he could again make us successful with.

I very much hope that this is the case.
Timing of Mick statement on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 2395 viewssouthnorfolkblue

If that is right, Evans should come out and say so because a promise of increased investment may prompt people to renew.

There is no significance in the timing of the statement. The early bird deadline is bound to be extended at least once.

Poll: Our final position

Timing of Mick statement on 11:08 - Apr 14 with 2392 viewsBinner

Timing of Mick statement on 11:03 - Apr 14 by PJH

As one of the (apparently) few that very much hope that MM will be here next season I am reading his comment as meaning that he and ME have agreed on a budget for next season that MM would believe he could again make us successful with.

I could've written that!

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Timing of Mick statement on 11:15 - Apr 14 with 2356 viewsPilgrimblue

Timing of Mick statement on 11:03 - Apr 14 by PJH

I guess you're right as somehow I doubt ME wants to pay off MM. They clearly have a working relationship so between them have agreed some plan/funding for next season. Its more likely that ME has given MM rest of contract to earn any extension (if he wants one) with same sort of funds (subject to sales). Whether that will work is another matter.
Timing of Mick statement on 11:16 - Apr 14 with 2343 viewsPJH

Timing of Mick statement on 11:08 - Apr 14 by Binner

I could've written that!

You did Binner,a couple of days ago-sort of.
Timing of Mick statement on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 2301 viewsBorisOrTrevor

I very much doubt it.

Seems to me like a build up to a settlement between MM and ME.

BOT

Timing of Mick statement on 12:20 - Apr 14 with 2195 viewsBenters

You can cancel at anytime

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Timing of Mick statement on 13:55 - Apr 14 with 2074 viewsStowTractorBoy

Spot on Bluebell. I support Ipswich Town F.C. and the players, and always will whoever is in charge at the top. I consider myself a true fan of the team who need our support and backing. I can understand not renewing if finances are the problem but why would you stop supporting the players ? None of us of have enjoyed this season and I accept those at the top have questions to answer but to me those of you not renewing are doing so because of the hierarchy and this should not stop you cheering the lads on. Everyone however is entitled to their decision of to renew or not to renew. Now off with my three pals for the 150 mile trip to Burton to cheer the PLAYERS on.
Timing of Mick statement on 14:23 - Apr 14 with 2012 viewsTheBlueBarca

I doubt anyone at the club knows what's going on about anything the way it's being run. I am shocked anyone would endorse any of it with a renewal.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Timing of Mick statement on 14:52 - Apr 14 with 1957 viewsjas0999

Agreed. I doubt he cares either! He doesn't care less about the fans full stop I suspect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024