Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today 12:58 - Apr 15 with 1375 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/15/football-ownership-models-arsen
Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 13:41 - Apr 15 with 1320 viewsblaggers

Interesting as in Ipswich fit perfectly into one of those categories. Bonding the club with the community is where Town are sorely lacking at the moment.

Poll: What happens next?

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 14:14 - Apr 15 with 1290 viewsWeWereZombies

Good read although 'Give or take a couple of referee-rigging scandals, one of which saw them relegated for the first time in 2006, the Agnelli dynasty has enjoyed almost a century of success.' Referees can't be influenced by clubs, surely?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 1277 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 14:14 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

Good read although 'Give or take a couple of referee-rigging scandals, one of which saw them relegated for the first time in 2006, the Agnelli dynasty has enjoyed almost a century of success.' Referees can't be influenced by clubs, surely?

No referee has ever given a soft penalty at Old Trafford.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 15:03 - Apr 15 with 1238 viewsSuperfrans

Good piece. Does beg the question what do you want from a football club owner and how Evans rates on those points. For what it's worth, I'd rate him as follows (marks out of 5):

Resourcing - 2
Sustainable financing - 3
Commitment to youth/academy - 4
Managerial choices - 2
Loyalty to managers - 5
Interference in footballing policy - 4
Connection with fans - 1
Openness - 1

Anything other ways we should judge an owner?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 15:03]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 16:30 - Apr 15 with 1169 viewsFtnfwest

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 14:14 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

There was the monumental cock up of the stadio della alpi as well
Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 18:03 - Apr 15 with 1096 viewsPlums

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 15:03 - Apr 15 by Superfrans

Good piece. Does beg the question what do you want from a football club owner and how Evans rates on those points. For what it's worth, I'd rate him as follows (marks out of 5):

Resourcing - 2
Sustainable financing - 3
Commitment to youth/academy - 4
Managerial choices - 2
Loyalty to managers - 5
Interference in footballing policy - 4
Connection with fans - 1
Openness - 1

Anything other ways we should judge an owner?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 15:03]

Reputation?
i.e how the owner's reputation reflects on the club

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 18:07 - Apr 15 with 1090 viewsvapour_trail

Interesting article on football ownership on The Guardian today on 18:03 - Apr 15 by Plums

Reputation?
i.e how the owner's reputation reflects on the club

Yes. I'd rate him a 2 there.

Also long term strategy for the club.

For which I'd rate him a 1.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024