Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the gardeners 06:59 - Apr 26 with 2954 viewsBenters

Sharp frost again last night !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

One for the gardeners on 07:26 - Apr 26 with 2097 viewshoppy

Aren't you supposed to give a warning like that before the event?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One for the gardeners on 07:26 - Apr 26 with 2095 viewsFtnfwest

Just escaped it in our neck. My succulents have survived!
One for the gardeners on 08:22 - Apr 26 with 2044 viewsBluebell

One for the gardeners on 07:26 - Apr 26 by Ftnfwest

Just escaped it in our neck. My succulents have survived!

Mine have too.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 11:40]
One for the gardeners on 08:43 - Apr 26 with 2022 viewslowhouseblue

One for the gardeners on 07:26 - Apr 26 by hoppy

Aren't you supposed to give a warning like that before the event?

perhaps that's what flashblue was trying to tell us?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One for the gardeners on 08:48 - Apr 26 with 2015 viewsGlasgowBlue

We had snowfall two days ago. Just for two hours and it didn't settle but at one point it was like a blizzard.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One for the gardeners on 08:56 - Apr 26 with 2000 viewsGeoffSentence

Not in my part of the Ipswich-Sudbury-shotley golden triangle. Instead it p1ssed down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One for the gardeners on 09:11 - Apr 26 with 1984 viewsNo9

We have a lot of immature figs, I hope they survive
One for the gardeners on 09:27 - Apr 26 with 1962 viewsWeWereZombies

One for the gardeners on 08:48 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

We had snowfall two days ago. Just for two hours and it didn't settle but at one point it was like a blizzard.

Monday and Tuesday were surprisingly snowy on Skye, a fair bit settled on the hill behind the house but all gone this morning. Next week looks dry and sunny though.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

One for the gardeners on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 1949 viewsgiant_stow

One for the gardeners on 09:27 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Monday and Tuesday were surprisingly snowy on Skye, a fair bit settled on the hill behind the house but all gone this morning. Next week looks dry and sunny though.

what's it like living on an Island like that? I know nothing about Skye - is there a town? Is it easy to leave or are you properly cut off? People friendly to outsiders?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

One for the gardeners on 09:32 - Apr 26 with 1945 viewsSteve_M

One for the gardeners on 09:31 - Apr 26 by giant_stow

what's it like living on an Island like that? I know nothing about Skye - is there a town? Is it easy to leave or are you properly cut off? People friendly to outsiders?

He doesn't actually live in the sky Ulla.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One for the gardeners on 09:36 - Apr 26 with 1935 viewsgiant_stow

One for the gardeners on 09:32 - Apr 26 by Steve_M

He doesn't actually live in the sky Ulla.

Is he not one of those metal birds that never land on trees?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

One for the gardeners on 09:37 - Apr 26 with 1930 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

One for the gardeners on 09:11 - Apr 26 by No9

If they're the left over small ones from last year they need removing.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

One for the gardeners on 09:40 - Apr 26 with 1922 viewscaught-in-limbo

One for the gardeners on 09:27 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

No such weather where I am but I was on Skype earlier in the week and the picture was decidedly snowy.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

One for the gardeners on 09:41 - Apr 26 with 1917 viewsWeWereZombies

One for the gardeners on 09:31 - Apr 26 by giant_stow

Main 'town' is Portree which has a population of 2000 but serves maybe four times that (as far as the High School goes it serves the entire island population of 10,000) and is bulked up by, perhaps, as many tourists in the spring, summer and autumn. I get a bit reclusive at times (also known as getting obsessed with a forum) and people might check in on me but not excessively. Very rarely go out without meeting someone I know, sometimes I go to events and seem to know everyone there. There is definitely a born and bred / incomer split but I have yet to feel animosity as a result of it. And then some people who grew up locally have had to work away and some of the people who you might take to be local actually are incomers from elsewhere in Scotland. I like the spaciousness, reminds me of my early childhood in Suffolk (and I am not the only Suffolk boy or gal living around here).

One for the gardeners on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 1897 viewsPJH

One for the gardeners on 09:41 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Main 'town' is Portree which has a population of 2000 but serves maybe four times that (as far as the High School goes it serves the entire island population of 10,000) and is bulked up by, perhaps, as many tourists in the spring, summer and autumn. I get a bit reclusive at times (also known as getting obsessed with a forum) and people might check in on me but not excessively. Very rarely go out without meeting someone I know, sometimes I go to events and seem to know everyone there. There is definitely a born and bred / incomer split but I have yet to feel animosity as a result of it. And then some people who grew up locally have had to work away and some of the people who you might take to be local actually are incomers from elsewhere in Scotland. I like the spaciousness, reminds me of my early childhood in Suffolk (and I am not the only Suffolk boy or gal living around here).

Been to Skye a few times.
Stayed right up the top on one of our holidays in Scotland,at or near Duntulm I think.
One for the gardeners on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1896 viewsgiant_stow

One for the gardeners on 09:41 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Interesting stuff ta. Must be lovely to be in a community where everyone knows each other, but maybe suffocating at times too? (Mrs Ullaa gets the humpwhen she bumps into too many people she knows locally in one trip, but then she's a bit of a sociopath.) Space is luxury that very few people can even appreciate!

One for the gardeners on 09:54 - Apr 26 with 1879 viewsWeWereZombies

One for the gardeners on 09:47 - Apr 26 by PJH

Been to Skye a few times.
Stayed right up the top on one of our holidays in Scotland,at or near Duntulm I think.

Used to be a good pub up there, decent pint and reasonably priced fish supper - it's being done up now, oh well there is still the Indian take away at one end of the general stores in Staffin down the road. The Indian lady from Yorkshire in there does me special onion free parathas and makes the best tchai outside of India. She even turned up in an outake on a DVD I was watching the other month when the guy from Arab Strap goes to get more whisky for the old Skyeman he is having a song with.

One for the gardeners on 09:59 - Apr 26 with 1868 viewsPJH

One for the gardeners on 09:54 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Used to be a good pub up there, decent pint and reasonably priced fish supper - it's being done up now, oh well there is still the Indian take away at one end of the general stores in Staffin down the road. The Indian lady from Yorkshire in there does me special onion free parathas and makes the best tchai outside of India. She even turned up in an outake on a DVD I was watching the other month when the guy from Arab Strap goes to get more whisky for the old Skyeman he is having a song with.

Not certain that it was Duntulm but it was a smallish hotel up the top there somewhere and just looked at the map and thought it might have been Duntulm.
Been to Portree.

Next visit to Scotland in about 6 weeks so please arrange suitable weather,I will check with you nearer the time.
One for the gardeners on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 1851 viewsWeWereZombies

One for the gardeners on 09:59 - Apr 26 by PJH

Not certain that it was Duntulm but it was a smallish hotel up the top there somewhere and just looked at the map and thought it might have been Duntulm.
Been to Portree.

Next visit to Scotland in about 6 weeks so please arrange suitable weather,I will check with you nearer the time.

Duntulm is the ruined castle where a few centuries ago a maid let the heir to the MacDonald clan fall out of a window to their death on the rocks below. The chief was asked to show clemency so decided not to kill her, just had her towed out to sea in an open boat without any oars and abandoned!

But it is a lovely spot on a sunny day with the views across to Lewis.

One for the gardeners on 11:21 - Apr 26 with 1826 viewsRyorry

One for the gardeners on 09:11 - Apr 26 by No9

And how about away from TWTD forum?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One for the gardeners on 11:26 - Apr 26 with 1820 viewsSwansea_Blue

Was going to sort out some bedding plants for borders and tubs at the weekend, but saw the forecast and thought better wait. Feeling smug now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One for the gardeners on 11:39 - Apr 26 with 1797 viewsRyorry

One for the gardeners on 11:26 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

Was going to sort out some bedding plants for borders and tubs at the weekend, but saw the forecast and thought better wait. Feeling smug now.

I'm overwhelmed by triffids! sowed runners, courgettes, spring onions, leeks, lettuces, lobelias, Alyssum, nasturtiums etc in trays in mini-greenhouse (metal hoops w. plastic cover) in small conservatory 3rd-4th April, not expecting great germination rates.

Germination rates about 90%! (best ones, amazingly, were the seeds I'd saved from the last of my own woody old runners on the frame last back end, F1 Scarlet Emperor) - the runners are now about 2'6" and practically running out of the door! but nowhere to put them of course ... have decided I need a greenhouse ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One for the gardeners on 11:43 - Apr 26 with 1787 viewsBluebell

One for the gardeners on 11:39 - Apr 26 by Ryorry

I'm overwhelmed by triffids! sowed runners, courgettes, spring onions, leeks, lettuces, lobelias, Alyssum, nasturtiums etc in trays in mini-greenhouse (metal hoops w. plastic cover) in small conservatory 3rd-4th April, not expecting great germination rates.

Germination rates about 90%! (best ones, amazingly, were the seeds I'd saved from the last of my own woody old runners on the frame last back end, F1 Scarlet Emperor) - the runners are now about 2'6" and practically running out of the door! but nowhere to put them of course ... have decided I need a greenhouse ...

As I haven't got a greenhouse or anywhere to plant inside I will wait a couple of weeks before planting my runner beans and other vegetables.

I have already planted the potatoes but will bank them up if they begin to show.

I have also planted tubs with seeds of mixed wild flowers which should survive if they come through.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 11:48]
One for the gardeners on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 1785 viewsSwansea_Blue

One for the gardeners on 11:39 - Apr 26 by Ryorry

Sounds good! I'd love a greenhouse again, but the kids would smash it to bits in about 10 minutes. OUr garden isn't big enough to find a corner to tuck one away in. If i was honest with myself I wouldn't find the time right now anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One for the gardeners on 12:12 - Apr 26 with 1752 viewsWeWereZombies

One for the gardeners on 11:43 - Apr 26 by Bluebell

As I haven't got a greenhouse or anywhere to plant inside I will wait a couple of weeks before planting my runner beans and other vegetables.

I have already planted the potatoes but will bank them up if they begin to show.

I have also planted tubs with seeds of mixed wild flowers which should survive if they come through.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 11:48]

I've got 39 Roosters chitting in the storm porch, glad I didn't plant them this week what with the cold weather but it is going to be a rush to get them in the ground and then sow a few carrots and parsnips into little pots in that warmish semi- indoor space that gets the sun once the potatoes are out of the way. Reason it will be a rush is the 1350 mile round trip to Suffolk over the weekend.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024