Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD 13:24 - May 1 with 2065 viewsPJH

after a bit of deliberation about which of my CD's to play.
Anyone else have a musical afternoon?
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:26 - May 1 with 2058 viewsvapour_trail

My head feels as if it cracking open from its core.

I am avoiding any forms of noise.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:27 - May 1 with 2055 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:26 - May 1 by vapour_trail

My head feels as if it cracking open from its core.

I am avoiding any forms of noise.

Sorry,I will turn it down a bit.
Just having a Peaceful Easy Feeling.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:37 - May 1 with 2025 viewsLord_Lucan

I have been tasked with sorting out the shoe cupboard, There are about 30 pairs of trainers in there and I have been tasked with throwing some out.

I've emptied it and laid a carpet in there - it's a big shoe cupboard! I also have to sort out about 15 pairs of shoes and boots.

Only when this is completed am I allowed to have a sandwich.

As for The Eagles, I can't stand them.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 13:40]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:39 - May 1 with 2010 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 13:37 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

I have been tasked with sorting out the shoe cupboard, There are about 30 pairs of trainers in there and I have been tasked with throwing some out.

I've emptied it and laid a carpet in there - it's a big shoe cupboard! I also have to sort out about 15 pairs of shoes and boots.

You had better make sure that RKD is not attached to any of them.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 14:11 - May 1 with 1981 viewsvapour_trail

Can you make me a sandwich too please. I'm quite hungry but can't be arsed to move.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 14:14 - May 1 with 1975 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 14:11 - May 1 by vapour_trail

Can you make me a sandwich too please. I'm quite hungry but can't be arsed to move.

Try a Tequila Sunrise.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:05 - May 1 with 1942 viewsDubtractor

We've been out looking at carpet for the stairs.

Rock and roll.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:10 - May 1 with 1931 viewsLord_Lucan

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 14:11 - May 1 by vapour_trail

Just had a cheese and onion sandwich.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:16 - May 1 with 1926 viewsBluebell

I have never seen the appeal of The Eagles.

We listened to some 60s music on our drive to Suffolk on Saturday including Beatles, Kinks, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Herman's Hermits and Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.

I was having a great singalong!
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:24 - May 1 with 1912 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:16 - May 1 by Bluebell

I have never seen the appeal of The Eagles.

We listened to some 60s music on our drive to Suffolk on Saturday including Beatles, Kinks, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Herman's Hermits and Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.

I was having a great singalong!

Currently on track 11 of second CD.

I like all those that you list though.
Currently reading a biography of (Sir) Ray Davies.

Seeing Gerry on his farewell tour in Ipswich in October(along with Searchers and some others).
[Post edited 1 May 2017 15:27]
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:30 - May 1 with 1884 viewsBluebell

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:24 - May 1 by PJH

Seeing Gerry on his farewell tour in Ipswich in October(along with Searchers and some others).

Didn't realise Gerry is retiring.

Saw him in Oxford a few years ago and our daughter, who is a Liverpool fan, had her Liverpool scarf with her. She waved it above her head while he was singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and Gerry came down off the stage and gave her a kiss!
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:32 - May 1 with 1879 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:30 - May 1 by Bluebell

Didn't realise Gerry is retiring.

Saw him in Oxford a few years ago and our daughter, who is a Liverpool fan, had her Liverpool scarf with her. She waved it above her head while he was singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and Gerry came down off the stage and gave her a kiss!

Must have seen Gerry about 10 times,once the night after our 5-3 playoff game at home to Bolton-I was still coming down from the football,completely drained.

It is advertised as his farewell tour.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:36 - May 1 with 1865 viewshorsehollerer

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:24 - May 1 by PJH

Herman's Hermits always seem to be on tour here in the US... well, I think it's just Peter Noone with some random blokes.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:39 - May 1 with 1850 viewsDubtractor

On the music front though, I've been caning through my Green Man festival playlist and discovered some amazing new (to me) music).

As well as reaffirmed how much I like some other stuff.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:40 - May 1 with 1848 viewsPJH

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:36 - May 1 by horsehollerer

Herman's Hermits always seem to be on tour here in the US... well, I think it's just Peter Noone with some random blokes.

There is a version that tours over here,without Peter Noone.
There are also two versions of the Searchers-one led by Mike Pender but the main one includes John McNally and Frank Allen.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:40 - May 1 with 1848 viewsBluebell

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:36 - May 1 by horsehollerer

We have seen him too. You are right, I don't think any of the original Hermits are still with him.

Another group we have seen in Oxford a lot are The Hollies. We know their roadie and get complimentary tickets! Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliot are the only ones left of the originals.
Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 16:43 - May 1 with 1774 viewsfactual_blue

Just embarking on Eagles Greatest Hits CD on 15:40 - May 1 by Bluebell

We have seen him too. You are right, I don't think any of the original Hermits are still with him.

Another group we have seen in Oxford a lot are The Hollies. We know their roadie and get complimentary tickets! Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliot are the only ones left of the originals.

The Hermans Hermits hit 'Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter' was written by Jim Trott from the Vicar of Dibley, or more precisely by Trevor Peacock who'd played that character.

The original recording of 'Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter' was released by actor Tom Courtney.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024