Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Mick eventually goes... 16:05 - May 8 with 1534 viewsArthur_Hayes

...whether it be at 5pm today (if only), or next season, who's responsible for appointing his replacement?

Obviously Evans and Milne will be involved, and maybe McCarthy himself, but do we have anyone within the club with enough football nous and contacts in the game to avoid a Megson et al type appointment?
When Mick eventually goes... on 16:08 - May 8 with 1512 viewshomer_123

Is this some sort of trick question?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:08 - May 8 with 1506 viewsTheBlueBarca

If we are a League One outfit by then, we will be looking at someone very different from a Gary Megson type appointment. John McGreal would be someone who would fit the bill.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:09 - May 8 with 1487 viewsLankHenners

The ITFC Twitter account will run a poll.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:11 - May 8 with 1467 viewschislehurstblue

thats the concern now. If MM goes expect Jackett, Megson or someone who plays football in the same, isnt as good as MM in terms of getting the best out of players and on the same budget.

Its funny - Had we been linked with signing a player from the Dutch 2nd league most on here would be saying what a weak league it is and how he was never going to be good enough. We are linked with a manager from that league and suddenly he is the next Pep.

The deluded fans on here is actually quite funny.
When Mick eventually goes... on 16:31 - May 8 with 1396 viewsPhilTWTD

I doubt IM would be that involved in the actual appointment, other than perhaps seeking out opinion on how potential bosses might be viewed by fans, as Simon Clegg did last time the job came up. ME is close to the likes of Charlie Woods and David Pleat among others in the game and it's people like them he sounds out on potential targets, or that was the case in the past.
When Mick eventually goes... on 16:33 - May 8 with 1384 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Am sure ME would ask Mick and his trusty advisors, as well as Milne too about our next appointment-that scares the hell out of me though if its literally just them.

Evans would be much better off getting a panel together though consisting of himself, Milne, an ex ITFC with current links to the club, maybe the chairman of the supporters club, even someone like our very own Phil Ham who would be able to speak up the majority of Town fans. Would be nice to take a varied approach from all angles and not just a business one like recently.

Never going to happen, but its a nice thought to think that the fans could have some some sort of input into the next manager.

Naturally it will all come down to Evans though as he always had a close relationship with his manager/s.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Quite modern thinkers then.....? on 16:39 - May 8 with 1357 viewsBloots

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:31 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I doubt IM would be that involved in the actual appointment, other than perhaps seeking out opinion on how potential bosses might be viewed by fans, as Simon Clegg did last time the job came up. ME is close to the likes of Charlie Woods and David Pleat among others in the game and it's people like them he sounds out on potential targets, or that was the case in the past.

......finger on the pulse and all that!

God help us.

My money is on Trevor Francis as our next boss.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

When Mick eventually goes... on 17:01 - May 8 with 1311 viewsPhilTWTD

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:33 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Am sure ME would ask Mick and his trusty advisors, as well as Milne too about our next appointment-that scares the hell out of me though if its literally just them.

Evans would be much better off getting a panel together though consisting of himself, Milne, an ex ITFC with current links to the club, maybe the chairman of the supporters club, even someone like our very own Phil Ham who would be able to speak up the majority of Town fans. Would be nice to take a varied approach from all angles and not just a business one like recently.

Never going to happen, but its a nice thought to think that the fans could have some some sort of input into the next manager.

Naturally it will all come down to Evans though as he always had a close relationship with his manager/s.

I actually think much the same in terms of a recruitment panel, so to speak - although with me not involved, that's never going to happen - with the likes of Milts and Bryan Klug who are immersed in the club's culture involved.
Login to get fewer ads

When Mick eventually goes... on 17:16 - May 8 with 1232 viewsMullet

When Mick eventually goes... on 17:01 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I actually think much the same in terms of a recruitment panel, so to speak - although with me not involved, that's never going to happen - with the likes of Milts and Bryan Klug who are immersed in the club's culture involved.

A slight conflict if you've got to grill the man you helped appoint innit!

Although the thought of you ripping half a pack of hobnobs out of his hand and shouting "get on with updating the squad!" before flouncing out is worth pursuing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

When Mick eventually goes... on 17:30 - May 8 with 1167 viewsSwn98

When Mick eventually goes... on 16:33 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

God help us if news site users had any input into the appointment of the next manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024