Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich 10:36 - May 19 with 3611 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens, I hit the A12 from the M25 at 17:10 last night and it was stop/start, max 30mph all the way up to Colchester. Arrival at Beard Towers: 18:45.

Questions:-
1) Is it always this bad around this time?
2) If so, and you use it regularly, how do you not go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down?

Madness.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 10:37 - May 19 with 2963 viewsSWGF

Isn't it partially shut on Sunday? And there are no trains, so buses will have to use whichever diversions are in place?

#bonkers

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:26 - May 19 with 2890 viewstaximan

yes it is

very slow normally from brentwood junction at that sort of time
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:33 - May 19 with 2878 viewsLord_Lucan

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:26 - May 19 by taximan

yes it is

very slow normally from brentwood junction at that sort of time

One of the busiest M25 junctions in rush hour, why the surprise?

It's almost as if he worked at home every day in his pants.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:39 - May 19 with 2860 viewsartsbossbeard

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:33 - May 19 by Lord_Lucan

One of the busiest M25 junctions in rush hour, why the surprise?

It's almost as if he worked at home every day in his pants.

I understand the business and my poor timing but nearly 2 hours to travel 50 miles?

I'm writing to my MP.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:58 - May 19 with 2815 viewsGeoffSentence

I don't do it now, but it was always like that when I used it regularly 4-5 years ago. In thend I diverted via M11 and A120 which was always better.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:01 - May 19 with 2797 viewsLord_Lucan

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 11:58 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

I don't do it now, but it was always like that when I used it regularly 4-5 years ago. In thend I diverted via M11 and A120 which was always better.

I used to have to drive to Theydon Bois every day, man alive! I couldn't do it now, no way.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:15 - May 19 with 2759 viewsPinewoodblue

The answer is a decent SatNav system with live traffic updates. Over the years I have taken alternative routes missing most sections of A12.

In the past week I've avoided the roadworks on A14 north of Cambridge and twice been diverted off A1 north of Peterborough to avoid hold ups caused by accidents.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:20 - May 19 with 2744 viewsBenters

The A120 Is a nightmare now .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:23 - May 19 with 2735 viewsGeoffSentence

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:20 - May 19 by Benters

The A120 Is a nightmare now .

The stretch up to Benters might be, but I rarely had any problems on the stretch from the M11 to Braintree, and the bit from there to Colchester, though single carriageway was generally a steady journey.

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:25 - May 19 with 2722 viewsBenters

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:23 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

The stretch up to Benters might be, but I rarely had any problems on the stretch from the M11 to Braintree, and the bit from there to Colchester, though single carriageway was generally a steady journey.

My good lady uses the part from Btree to Colchester believe me its a nightmare.

The A12 near the footie stadium is a nightmare .

The A120 to Bentley is ok .

Gentlybentley

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:26 - May 19 with 2718 viewsartsbossbeard

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:15 - May 19 by Pinewoodblue

The answer is a decent SatNav system with live traffic updates. Over the years I have taken alternative routes missing most sections of A12.

In the past week I've avoided the roadworks on A14 north of Cambridge and twice been diverted off A1 north of Peterborough to avoid hold ups caused by accidents.

I had this on the M6 coming back from Manchester the other day:

"The traffic situation ahead has changed and I've programmed a different route. Please take the next junction off marked Jxx"

Turns out the kerfuffle was actually northbound rather than southbound, so 2mins later:

"The traffic situation ahead has changed and I've programmed a different route. Please take the next junction off marked Jxx and join the M6"

I was then sat in traffic for an hour as the northbound traffic that was being syphoned off was blocking up things. 1.5hrs of my life. Gone.

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:34 - May 19 with 2685 viewstaximan

mcdonalds roundabout gets very busy from 4ish for at least 2 hours, normally a 10 minute delay getting across
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:41 - May 19 with 2657 viewsJakeITFC

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:34 - May 19 by taximan

mcdonalds roundabout gets very busy from 4ish for at least 2 hours, normally a 10 minute delay getting across

In my great wisdom, I decided to drive to Freeport on the last Bank Holiday weekend, and that roundabout round to the shops was an absolute nightmare. Took me longer to get from McDonalds to a parking space than the Ipswich to Braintree bit.
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:42 - May 19 with 2646 viewsGeoffSentence

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:25 - May 19 by Benters

Probably choked up with foreigners.

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:47 - May 19 with 2632 viewsKieran_Knows

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:25 - May 19 by Benters

I drive from Ipswich to Marks Tey each day and like you say, the bit on the A12 around the football stadium can be a nightmare most mornings.

Touch wood, in the 18 months or so i've been doing this journey, I can say I've only ever been held up in serious traffic half a dozen times.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:10 - May 19 with 2572 viewsBenters

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:34 - May 19 by taximan

Bloody tinternet !
[Post edited 19 May 2017 13:14]

Gentlybentley

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 13:13 - May 19 with 2563 viewsBenters

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:42 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

Yep fantastic answer welcome to club div ..

Gentlybentley

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 13:24 - May 19 with 2522 viewsbluelagos

2 wheels is the answer. Filter down the middle of all the traffic and do the same journey in about 45 mins.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 13:24 - May 19 with 2522 viewssoupytwist

It's regularly a nightmare. My daughter goes to school in Colchester and her bus journey back to Braintree is often delayed.
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:43 - May 19 with 2459 viewstiptreeblue

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 12:42 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

why is it people have to have a go at Benters every time he posts, this was explaining about a road problem which, may help somebody but, as per normal, it turns into a knock Benters post,
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:47 - May 19 with 2441 viewshype313

The A120 is a nightmare as they are doing very long roadworks all along it from Col to Braintree, I know the Landlord of the Dolphin and he is closing down due to the nightmares they are facing from the disruption.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:53 - May 19 with 2417 viewsKieran_Knows

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:47 - May 19 by hype313

The A120 is a nightmare as they are doing very long roadworks all along it from Col to Braintree, I know the Landlord of the Dolphin and he is closing down due to the nightmares they are facing from the disruption.

Think the roadworks are being done overnight if I'm correct? I work along the A120 near Poplar Nurseries, and whilst it's evident work is going on, I've never seen any in the morning/evening (around 8.15am in the morning and 5.15pm at night when leaving).
[Post edited 19 May 2017 15:00]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:59 - May 19 with 2392 viewssoupytwist

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:53 - May 19 by Kieran_Knows

Think the roadworks are being done overnight if I'm correct? I work along the A120 near Poplar Nurseries, and whilst it's evident work is going on, I've never seen any in the morning/evening (around 8.15am in the morning and 5.15pm at night when leaving).
[Post edited 19 May 2017 15:00]

Yes, they generally start about 9:00 pm I think. I had to use another route to get home after the last two Tuesday night home games of last season.
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 15:37 - May 19 with 2359 viewstcblue

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 13:13 - May 19 by Benters

Yep fantastic answer welcome to club div ..

The first rule of div club is no talking about foreigners. The second rule of div club
A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 15:41 - May 19 with 2347 viewsitfcjoe

A12 users - Brentwood to Ipswich on 14:47 - May 19 by hype313

We are about to do some works at the Red Lion in Marks Tey and when I spoke to landlord there yesterday he was saying how much of a struggle it has been.

Also, a ridiculous scenario where if highways unblock a drain and pull all the silt and sh*t out of it, they are legally allowed to discharge that into any roadside ditch. If said ditch inevitably floods, if it is on your land, or you are responsible for that section, you then have to get it all cleared and sorted - at your cost

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024