Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights team 10:16 - Aug 15 with 1734 viewsHackneyblueboy

Bart
Spence Iorfa Chambers Knudsen
Waghorn Ward Skuse Sears
Garner Mcgoldrick

What does everyone think about the team tonight? I reckon we will match them up 442 and Mick will looks for the legs and experience of sears and Waghorn out wide.
Tonights team on 10:18 - Aug 15 with 1703 viewsKieran_Knows

I certainly think we'll go 4-4-2. Let's just hope, with all that attacking talent on the field tonight, that we won't have another disaster game like Reading a couple of seasons ago, and then MM goes ultra defensive from then on.

If we are looking to get Waghorn, Sears, Garner and McGoldrick all on the pitch tonight from the start, if Downes was fit, I'd be more inclined to start both him and Skuse in centre mid instead of Ward as at least they'd both offer a bit more protection to the back 4.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tonights team on 10:18 - Aug 15 with 1701 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Isn't this the line up Phil suggested in his new story..
Tonights team on 10:26 - Aug 15 with 1664 viewsHackneyblueboy

Tonights team on 10:18 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

I certainly think we'll go 4-4-2. Let's just hope, with all that attacking talent on the field tonight, that we won't have another disaster game like Reading a couple of seasons ago, and then MM goes ultra defensive from then on.

If we are looking to get Waghorn, Sears, Garner and McGoldrick all on the pitch tonight from the start, if Downes was fit, I'd be more inclined to start both him and Skuse in centre mid instead of Ward as at least they'd both offer a bit more protection to the back 4.

I can't remember who we had in the midfield in that Reading match, but I would suggest Waghorn and Sears should give us enough energy and experience to mean we do not get caught out. Agree that Ward and Skuse isn't the best combination but can't see him playing anyone else if Downes isn't fit.
Tonights team on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 1655 viewsKieran_Knows

Tonights team on 10:26 - Aug 15 by Hackneyblueboy

I can't remember who we had in the midfield in that Reading match, but I would suggest Waghorn and Sears should give us enough energy and experience to mean we do not get caught out. Agree that Ward and Skuse isn't the best combination but can't see him playing anyone else if Downes isn't fit.

Was Fraser and Sears out wide, with Skuse and Douglas in the middle. Certainly, other than Nydam (if Downes is injured), Ward is the only other central option. Not sure whether Mick would want to play Nydam in a midfield 2 just yet, though.

Tonights team on 10:30 - Aug 15 with 1636 viewsTractorWood

Should be a cracker.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Tonights team on 10:36 - Aug 15 with 1604 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Tonights team on 10:28 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Was Fraser and Sears out wide, with Skuse and Douglas in the middle. Certainly, other than Nydam (if Downes is injured), Ward is the only other central option. Not sure whether Mick would want to play Nydam in a midfield 2 just yet, though.

Adam McDonnell?

That way he can play Ward on the right to give a bit more of a recognised midfielder in front of Iorfa..

Or what I think is most likely (433 in possession, 451 without the ball)

Bart
Spence | Iorfa | Chambo | Jonas
Ward | Skuse | McDonnell
Waghorn | Garner | Sears
Tonights team on 10:43 - Aug 15 with 1573 viewsKieran_Knows

Tonights team on 10:36 - Aug 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Adam McDonnell?

That way he can play Ward on the right to give a bit more of a recognised midfielder in front of Iorfa..

Or what I think is most likely (433 in possession, 451 without the ball)

Bart
Spence | Iorfa | Chambo | Jonas
Ward | Skuse | McDonnell
Waghorn | Garner | Sears

Quite possibly, forgot about him to be fair!

I think if McGoldrick is fully fit, and coming off the back of scoring 3 goals in 2 games, he has to start, doesn't he?

Tonights team on 10:44 - Aug 15 with 1573 viewsclive_baker

Agree with the back 5. Big night for Iorfa.

Rest is anyone's guess. He might throw Celina in. Maybe Sears on the bench, or Sears up front and Didz on the bench. Or Sears right and Waggy up top.

If he goes 5 at the back he could play Kenclock at LB and Knudsen left of a central 3, although Saturday and lack of central midfielders may put him off that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Tonights team on 10:50 - Aug 15 with 1537 viewsITFC_RM

I really hope it isn't this. no striker to turn to from the bench if required.

would also like to see Celina given a start. him and ward wide in a 442. Garner & Didz to start up top.

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

Tonights team on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 1494 viewsHarryWright

Tonights team on 10:50 - Aug 15 by ITFC_RM

I really hope it isn't this. no striker to turn to from the bench if required.

would also like to see Celina given a start. him and ward wide in a 442. Garner & Didz to start up top.

Agreed, as much as Waggy did decent I would have him come off the bench to make an impact - As per Barnsley the bench can change games so we shouldn't shoehorn them all into the team.
Tonights team on 14:13 - Aug 15 with 1347 viewsClausThomsen

Not keen on this, why aren't we sticking with the 532 that worked for 2 games out of 2.5? If we start with that team and go behind, where are the fresh legs? All of our strikers will already be on the pitch.

I'd go:

Bialkowski
Iorfa, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock
Ward, Skuse, McGoldrick
Garner, Waghorn

And like Saturday, if it doesn't work then it's a substitution away from a 442.
Tonights team on 14:24 - Aug 15 with 1300 viewsClausThomsen

Tonights team on 14:13 - Aug 15 by ClausThomsen

Not keen on this, why aren't we sticking with the 532 that worked for 2 games out of 2.5? If we start with that team and go behind, where are the fresh legs? All of our strikers will already be on the pitch.

I'd go:

Bialkowski
Iorfa, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock
Ward, Skuse, McGoldrick
Garner, Waghorn

And like Saturday, if it doesn't work then it's a substitution away from a 442.

"Matching up" with the mighty Millwall...

Here we go again...
Tonights team on 14:38 - Aug 15 with 1222 viewsSuffolkBlue13

Don't think we can start with all 4 strikers, wouldn't leave anything for the bench if needed
Tonights team on 14:53 - Aug 15 with 1165 viewstheblueginger

Not sure MM has many other options, but i would give Celina a start.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 14:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024