Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our transfer window on the whole.. 23:40 - Aug 31 with 4677 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Kept Bart ✅
Bought Huws ✅
Finally got the Murph replacement in Garner ✅
Replaced Pitman with Waggy ✅
Gave Spence a new deal ✅
Kept Didz ✅
Got a Lawrence replacement in with Celina ✅
Swapped the fringe players of Douglas, Samuel, Coke and Digby with better standard players in Adeyemi, Iorfa and Connolly ✅

I know I'm optimistic but that's one hell of a good summer for Town.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:42 - Aug 31 with 4647 viewsITFCBlues

It's been a very good window. Just ruined by injuries and the lack of CB signing today

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:44 - Aug 31 with 4630 viewspointofblue

To be honest if it wasn't for our injury crisis at Centre Back would we be expecting anythinhg from Transfer Deadline Day. We'd have probably said we've done well over the summer and completed the deals needed. Are we still a bit light at the back? We have options and that's all we can ask really.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 4604 viewsBABLUE

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:44 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

To be honest if it wasn't for our injury crisis at Centre Back would we be expecting anythinhg from Transfer Deadline Day. We'd have probably said we've done well over the summer and completed the deals needed. Are we still a bit light at the back? We have options and that's all we can ask really.

Apart from a fit centre half
Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 4606 viewsmutters

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:42 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

It's been a very good window. Just ruined by injuries and the lack of CB signing today

'Ruined'? Wow not signing a 4th string CB negates all our other signings. Who the heck did you think was coming in?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:53 - Aug 31 with 4562 viewsITFCBlues

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:47 - Aug 31 by mutters

'Ruined'? Wow not signing a 4th string CB negates all our other signings. Who the heck did you think was coming in?

We've not got a fit CB - we needed one as cover.

It's not likely we will have 2 fit CB's for 2 months - a significant chunk of the season. It was fairly important we got one in

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:54 - Aug 31 with 4553 viewsWicklowBlue

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:47 - Aug 31 by mutters

This...Peeps are getting fixated on the CB issue and forgetting all the positives. Plenty of other clubs are wincing at missing out on deals. I'd much prefer signing the right player rather than a panic buy. For the record as well I don't believe Taylor was the answer, he probably would have been injured 30mins after the rest of the CB'S.

I think we are much stronger across the squad last season. Don't think we are strong enough to challenge top 6 but reckon we could finish in the top 10 which I would be happy with. If we get over all the injuries...
Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 4551 viewspointofblue

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:47 - Aug 31 by BABLUE

Apart from a fit centre half

Iorfa prefers to play at centre back; Knudsen has proven himself in that position as has Spence. Chambers might only miss one more match thanks to the Derby postponement. I'm not overly impressed we didn't manage it but I'm not overly depressed either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 00:15 - Sep 1 with 4502 viewsClapham_Junction

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:53 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

It's not likely we will have 2 fit CB's for 2 months - a significant chunk of the season. It was fairly important we got one in

Based on what I saw at Palace, I wouldn't be too adverse to playing Webber (or Fowler if he needs to be recalled).

Plus we have Woolfenden, who can play at centre back or right back with Iorfa going central.
Login to get fewer ads

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 00:25 - Sep 1 with 4472 viewsmutters

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 23:53 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

We all understand the situation with injuries, but to claim that our transfer window is now 'ruined' due to the failure to make one signing is just bonkers.

We've players who can play CB until such time our regulars return, plus we can give our youth a chance. Something a lot of people have been crying out for and for us to return to the days of playing our own.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 00:36 - Sep 1 with 4443 viewsSwansea_Blue

A good window, but a green tick alongside Celina's name is a bit premature. He's got a long way to go to match up to Lawrence.

Once we get over these injuries we'll be ok.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:24 - Sep 1 with 4264 viewsKeaneish

It has definitely been the best transfer period for a while but I think Saturday highlighted that our problems are more systemic than bringing in like for like or better quality players.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:33 - Sep 1 with 4248 viewsBenters

If it was that good what happened v Fulham,they beat us without getting out of 1st gear?

*insert 2nd in the table here *

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:35 - Sep 1 with 4248 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:33 - Sep 1 by Benters

If it was that good what happened v Fulham,they beat us without getting out of 1st gear?

Beaten by what many believe were to be this years winners and beaten playoff semi finalists doesn't really change the fact that it has been a brilliant transfer window for us.

We've managed to sign 2 high quality strikers (at chanpionship level) without having to sell either Bart or Didz and also bought Huws. Credit where it's due.

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:36 - Sep 1 with 4245 viewschicoazul

Several of your points are reaches in the extreme.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:37 - Sep 1 with 4235 viewsBenters

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:35 - Sep 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Beaten by what many believe were to be this years winners and beaten playoff semi finalists doesn't really change the fact that it has been a brilliant transfer window for us.

We've managed to sign 2 high quality strikers (at chanpionship level) without having to sell either Bart or Didz and also bought Huws. Credit where it's due.

Long way to go yet .

I agree on the second part of your post .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:40 - Sep 1 with 4224 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:37 - Sep 1 by Benters

Long way to go yet .

I agree on the second part of your post .

Of course

I'd be stunned if we stayed up the top considering the money spent from us compared to teams like wolves, reading, Fulham, Middlesbrough etc (all over 15m) in this window but it's still nice to have us overachieving so early on.

Gives the fans a lift.

It's nice to hear so many looking forward to games again.

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 09:59 - Sep 1 with 3953 viewsJohnny_Boy

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:35 - Sep 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I seem to remember nobody actually 'fancied' Fulham before the match after their juddering start to the season. They'd been playing well, but clearly not well enough. Whereas we'd been quite good too - overachieving perhaps.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:37]
Our transfer window on the whole.. on 10:07 - Sep 1 with 3908 viewsITFC_Forever

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 06:33 - Sep 1 by Benters

I seem to remember that was the game where Mick identified their midfield three as their main strength, and promptly did nothing about it, allowing them to run rings around us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 3906 viewsStenvict

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 09:59 - Sep 1 by Johnny_Boy

I seem to remember nobody actually 'fancied' Fulham before the match after their juddering start to the season. They'd been playing well, but clearly not well enough. Whereas we'd been quite good too - overachieving perhaps.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:37]

Welcome to the Championship where form means fcuk all

Poll: What will be announced first?

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 3901 viewstextbackup

Huws that hasn't kicked a ball for us yet, and needing surgery?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 10:38 - Sep 1 with 3834 viewsJohnny_Boy

Our transfer window on the whole.. on 10:08 - Sep 1 by Stenvict

Welcome to the Championship where form means fcuk all

Apart from Cardiff of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024