Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? 08:33 - Jan 3 with 16484 viewsbontcho

I’d guess the criteria would be that he’s got to be unemployed and been promoted to the Prem in the past.

Brian McDermott?
Aitor Karanka?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 08:35 - Jan 3 with 7676 viewshomer_123

Karanka has been bank rolled in the past - not sure he'd be able to do anything with us?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 08:47 - Jan 3 with 7654 viewsBasuco

I would like to see Garry Monk.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:01 - Jan 3 with 7619 viewsTLA

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 08:47 - Jan 3 by Basuco

I would like to see Garry Monk.

My Boro mate said that the football they played under him was terrible.

I'd go for Warburton - his last two jobs have been at unstable clubs but he could get us playing some good stuff.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 7599 viewsKieran_Knows

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:01 - Jan 3 by TLA

I'd go for Warburton - his last two jobs have been at unstable clubs but he could get us playing some good stuff.

Agree about Warburton, done a very good job at Brentford first time around, but has been at a couple of unstable clubs since as you say. Would ME bankroll his usual 'Sporting Director' in Frank McParland though?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 7601 viewschristiand

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:01 - Jan 3 by TLA

Heard the same from my Boro' mate TLA. I don't think we can second guess who ME would appoint, he has surprised us with his appointments in the past, not necessarily good ones, nevertheless still surprises!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:10 - Jan 3 with 7587 viewsTLA

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:07 - Jan 3 by christiand

Heard the same from my Boro' mate TLA. I don't think we can second guess who ME would appoint, he has surprised us with his appointments in the past, not necessarily good ones, nevertheless still surprises!!!

He could easily surprise us with another contract for Mick!

I've never been on Mick's case but I want things to change - it's not healthy when the manager and fans don't have a good relationship.

I'm genuinely not sure that we'll do any better with the resources available, but it's time to find out.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:15 - Jan 3 with 7579 viewsRegencyBlue

Given his record so far I'm not particularly hopeful.

I have had enough of MM but I imagine it will be a case of 'the more things change the more they stay the same'.

Whilst I would hope for an up and coming young manager I suspect it will be a 'name' who is prepared to work within a miniscule budget!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 9:17]
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:15 - Jan 3 with 7578 viewsIpswichKnight

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:07 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

Agree about Warburton, done a very good job at Brentford first time around, but has been at a couple of unstable clubs since as you say. Would ME bankroll his usual 'Sporting Director' in Frank McParland though?

Warburton likes to be bankrolled and when he's not he has a hissy fit and walks out. He wouldn't come here as he would not be given unlimited funds.

I'd like us to go for a younger up and coming manager, Cowley's have been mentioned before plus also Bristol Rovers management team as well ( who wouldn't want a return of walking in a Stewie wonderland! ). The Dutch connection is interesting one as well.
Login to get fewer ads

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:17 - Jan 3 with 7555 viewsKieran_Knows

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:15 - Jan 3 by IpswichKnight

Warburton likes to be bankrolled and when he's not he has a hissy fit and walks out. He wouldn't come here as he would not be given unlimited funds.

I'd like us to go for a younger up and coming manager, Cowley's have been mentioned before plus also Bristol Rovers management team as well ( who wouldn't want a return of walking in a Stewie wonderland! ). The Dutch connection is interesting one as well.

I wouldn't have said he was 'bankrolled' at Brentford though? Probably no more than what Mick is currently working with.

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:18 - Jan 3 with 7541 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd like Graham Potter, but think Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers might be realistic. Has done a fantastic job there but I have the impression he knows he can't get them much higher. They play some good stuff. Wouldn't shock me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:20 - Jan 3 with 7538 viewsChiefXL

I would be happy with any of Graham Potter, Paul Hurst or Darrell Clarke.

But this is Marcus Evans so it'll be none of them. It'll be Gary Megson instead.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:20 - Jan 3 with 7526 viewsKieran_Knows

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:20 - Jan 3 by ChiefXL

But this is Marcus Evans so it'll be none of them. It'll be Gary Megson instead.

Megson did get 2 points from 2 games in his caretaker role at West Brom after all.....

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:21 - Jan 3 with 7531 viewsChiefXL

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:18 - Jan 3 by SomethingBlue

I'd like Graham Potter, but think Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers might be realistic. Has done a fantastic job there but I have the impression he knows he can't get them much higher. They play some good stuff. Wouldn't shock me.

I usually get shot down in flames every time I suggest him but I still believe there's a decent coach in Karl Robinson waiting to get out.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:23 - Jan 3 with 7511 viewsMullet

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:17 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

I wouldn't have said he was 'bankrolled' at Brentford though? Probably no more than what Mick is currently working with.

Spent £4m the season they came up and loaned in Toral, Pritchard and Long from Prem teams.

Took that lad from Hull on a free so he was probably a chunk on wages and fees. Rest were fairly standard mix of frees and loans in and out of the club.

The year after they spent north of £9 -10m on fees.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 7510 viewsbontcho

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:20 - Jan 3 by ChiefXL

I’m pretty confident he’ll pick someone who has been promoted to the Prem before. That’s what links the 3 he’s picked so far.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 7507 viewsKieran_Knows

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:23 - Jan 3 by Mullet

Spent £4m the season they came up and loaned in Toral, Pritchard and Long from Prem teams.

Took that lad from Hull on a free so he was probably a chunk on wages and fees. Rest were fairly standard mix of frees and loans in and out of the club.

The year after they spent north of £9 -10m on fees.

Fair comment, hadn't realised they spent that much, and the loanees would have probably cost a bit in wages and fees as well.

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:27 - Jan 3 with 7496 viewsRegencyBlue

Even our illustrious owner wouldnt be that stupid......

or would he!
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 7489 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

As others have said, I also work with a Middlesbrough fan and they football they played under Karanka was awful and I cant see many fans putting up with football like that again after what Mick.

I think at this point I could get behind anyone else as long as they actually get us playing football again, you know that thing where you pass it to your team mate on the floor rather than the consistent hoof ball we have been served up under Mick in his time here.

Would be happy with Warburton, Mogga I would be happy with, even a romantic return of Burley I would even be happy with. Anyone at this point would seem like a breath of fresh air and all I can do is hope, pray that Evans pulls the trigger before the end of the season. If he offers Mick a new contract and he accepts it then that's me done with my season ticket for the time being and I will return once he's gone. Doubt I will be alone either so Evans will have another decision to make whether he sticks with Mick and risks losing even more fans or whether he finally bites the bullet and realises that Micks time here is done.

Time for change, sooner rather than later please.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:32 - Jan 3 with 7473 viewsuncle

I'd like to be surprised, or at least i'd like to have to go read up on the new manager, rather than have the next recycled manager in the queue.

However, i expect/fear 'appy 'arry.
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:33 - Jan 3 with 7451 viewsHerbivore

ME will appoint a 'name' who has done well at this level previously. It won't be someone currently in work as he won't pay compensation. There's not many that fit the bill, Karanka is out of work but he'd be expensive and probably wouldn't be interested in working with our budget. That's a big issue, most managers won't be able to work with the constraints ME has in terms of budget, Warburton included.

I'd like to see someone untested at this level, either someone doing well in the lower leagues or a complete punt on a talented coach who is yet to manage. There's zero point in going for a more established Championship name, they're not going to do any better than Mick has done as he's about as good an experienced warhorse of a manager as you'll get at this level. No point in just going for an inferior Mick, but I fear that's what ME is going to leave us with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:35 - Jan 3 with 7445 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I've mentioned his name since we sacked Jim as I'd love to see what Paul Tisdale could do in the Championship.. Particularly with his record of getting Exeter competitive year on year whilst having to sell his best players to keep the club running.

That said, he's probably going to get promoted again this season and fancy another year or 11 in the South West
So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:36 - Jan 3 with 7433 viewsMullet

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:35 - Jan 3 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I've mentioned his name since we sacked Jim as I'd love to see what Paul Tisdale could do in the Championship.. Particularly with his record of getting Exeter competitive year on year whilst having to sell his best players to keep the club running.

That said, he's probably going to get promoted again this season and fancy another year or 11 in the South West

He's turned down 3 or 4 Champ clubs and hefty pay rises for whatever reason. Think Brum offered him a fortune or someone of a similar ilk.

Can't imagine we'd lure him the breadth of the country for a pack of buttons.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:43 - Jan 3 with 7412 viewsSteve_M

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:07 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

The thing about Brentford though is that they were implementing a whole club strategy and Warburton was a good fit for that. I think that part of the reason he left was that he wanted more control than the owner was prepared to give him.

His success there needs to be seen in that context, as well as his failure outside of that structure twice subsequently. I wouldn't be averse to him here but I'm far from convinced he's that good a manager.

Potter, Clarke, Tisdale are the better names mentioned in this thread for me.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 10:00]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:45 - Jan 3 with 7390 viewsKieran_Knows

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:43 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

The thing about Brentford though is that they were implementing a whole club strategy and Warburton was a good fit for that. I think that part of the reason he left was that he wanted more control than the owner was prepared to give him.

His success there needs to be seen in that context, as well as his failure outside of that structure twice subsequently. I wouldn't be averse to him here but I'm far from convinced he's that good a manager.

Potter, Clarke, Tisdale are the better names mentioned in this thread for me.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 10:00]

I think you're right about the strategy an structure of us, we probably wouldn't be a good fit for him.

Agree with the names you've mentioned, although i'm convinced ME would never have heard of Graham Potter. Gareth Ainsworth seems to get overlooked quite often, but he's done/doing a good job at Wycombe.

So if MM did leave who do you think ME would appoint? on 09:48 - Jan 3 with 7385 viewsMaySixth

Nathan Jones

Understands modern day footballer, plays excellent football, teams score goals for fun.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024