Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? 12:16 - Feb 24 with 6495 viewsBiGDonnie

I was told it was only Mick who could manage a club with no money?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:20 - Feb 24 with 3440 viewsSWGF

The Blue Monday chat with the Preston fan was good. Quite enlightening to hear that a new coach got them playing a more attractive style of football with the same players that Grayson could only manage pragmatic, direct football with...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:26 - Feb 24 with 3413 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:20 - Feb 24 by SWGF

The Blue Monday chat with the Preston fan was good. Quite enlightening to hear that a new coach got them playing a more attractive style of football with the same players that Grayson could only manage pragmatic, direct football with...

Interesting.

The money argument is flawed imo. Our squad, on paper, are plenty good enough to compete at the top end of the table.

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:33 - Feb 24 with 3379 viewsBluefish

Many years ago before you had ever discovered the message board there was a thread about you. You had stood out amongst the news commenters for comedy reasons with your views and the board thought it would be funny to get you on here.

I am sure you will send me a flashing light for this Phil but it is a completely true story. It was when he logged on as CALLUMGARRYSCREEMER

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:34 - Feb 24 with 3370 viewsWickets

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:26 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Interesting.

The money argument is flawed imo. Our squad, on paper, are plenty good enough to compete at the top end of the table.

Yes i agree and we are just one quality centre midfielder from being potentially a very good team , a good passing team.
How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:38 - Feb 24 with 3356 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:33 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Many years ago before you had ever discovered the message board there was a thread about you. You had stood out amongst the news commenters for comedy reasons with your views and the board thought it would be funny to get you on here.

I am sure you will send me a flashing light for this Phil but it is a completely true story. It was when he logged on as CALLUMGARRYSCREEMER

TWTD, I remember them well.

Glad I made the step across to the forum though, I could put morons like you back in their place.

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 3334 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:38 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

TWTD, I remember them well.

Glad I made the step across to the forum though, I could put morons like you back in their place.

Have a little read of the news comments and have a think about how you were seen as standing out amongst them for being the strangest. You havent changed.

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:47 - Feb 24 with 3309 viewstiptreeblue

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:33 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I do love the way that when you haven`t got a viable response, you go straight in with the insults. you must be a really clever person.
How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:53 - Feb 24 with 3291 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:47 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

I do love the way that when you haven`t got a viable response, you go straight in with the insults. you must be a really clever person.

From what I can gather you and Callum have thrown the insults out. I just retold a true story.

Shall we have a look through your history?

Login to get fewer ads

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:54 - Feb 24 with 3285 viewsLankHenners

Much like when we were doing so well on a small budget, their better players, by and large, have been available for them all season.

It gets dismissed on here as an easy excuse but when you're able to consistently play your best team free of injury it helps a lot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:56 - Feb 24 with 3270 viewsReuser_is_God

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:20 - Feb 24 by SWGF

Yeah but we strung 3 passes together 2 months ago so Mick is trying.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:57 - Feb 24 with 3263 viewsDubtractor

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:54 - Feb 24 by LankHenners

Much like when we were doing so well on a small budget, their better players, by and large, have been available for them all season.

It gets dismissed on here as an easy excuse but when you're able to consistently play your best team free of injury it helps a lot.

Is that strictly true?

I recall they had a massive injury crisis when they played us earlier in the season?

Though the premise of this thread is a little simplistic, every season has one or two teams that over perform on their budget.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:00 - Feb 24 with 3236 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:57 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

Is that strictly true?

I recall they had a massive injury crisis when they played us earlier in the season?

Though the premise of this thread is a little simplistic, every season has one or two teams that over perform on their budget.

And that team is then used as the example as to why we should outperform our budget every season. It ignores the cycles of teams and the fact that the team changes. We had our turn but Mick should apparently do it evey year.

I think Callum is saying money isn't important but wolves are winning this league and man city are winning the prem. Money is the biggest factor but teams will then always have a freak season occasionally. We can't demand that to be us every year just because we used to be good 40 years ago

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:02 - Feb 24 with 3231 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:41 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Have a little read of the news comments and have a think about how you were seen as standing out amongst them for being the strangest. You havent changed.

Lol - how I was seen..... What by a grown man who’s spent his life on a message board?

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:03 - Feb 24 with 3221 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:47 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

It really isn’t an insult, bless him.

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:04 - Feb 24 with 3214 viewsjas0999

... but surely it’s only teams with parachute payments that do well?
How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:05 - Feb 24 with 3210 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:00 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

And that team is then used as the example as to why we should outperform our budget every season. It ignores the cycles of teams and the fact that the team changes. We had our turn but Mick should apparently do it evey year.

I think Callum is saying money isn't important but wolves are winning this league and man city are winning the prem. Money is the biggest factor but teams will then always have a freak season occasionally. We can't demand that to be us every year just because we used to be good 40 years ago

Not what I’m saying at all.

Are you completely blind to the football we play? We have a squad of more than capable championship players yet they’re made to lump it forward to 5”9 Garner every game.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 13:05]

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:06 - Feb 24 with 3200 viewsLankHenners

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:57 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

Is that strictly true?

I think they had a couple of defensive issues but largely they've been alright with the likes of Hugill (of course now gone) and Pearson being fit all season.

I agree and in one sense I suppose there should be some hope that one of those teams might be us again if we can have a fully fit squad playing well all year. Trouble is I think everyone's a bit fed up with 'if this' and 'if that'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:08 - Feb 24 with 3181 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:05 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Not what I’m saying at all.

Are you completely blind to the football we play? We have a squad of more than capable championship players yet they’re made to lump it forward to 5”9 Garner every game.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 13:05]

Have you actually watched us play outside of tv games?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:09 - Feb 24 with 3167 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:03 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

It really isn’t an insult, bless him.

I didn't say it was. I am not allowed to insult you because Phil says he is fed up with dealing with abuse reporting.

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:21 - Feb 24 with 3115 viewsHennikerBlu

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:26 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Interesting.

Good question, the one sure thing you can say is currently the money argument 'in respect' of Preston is flawed, however in the context of most league positions versus investment, then the pound notes tell unfortunately.

I wish it could be about finding a good manager, but there is such little consensus on who that should be, hopefully that will change. We could look at the Chelsea, Watford, Southampton model, where manager changes have little impact on the fortunes of the club, but that would require vision and a more dynamic senior team above the first team manager. Do we have that?

I do agree we have a reasonable squad though.
How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:25 - Feb 24 with 3087 viewsBluefish

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:08 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Have you actually watched us play outside of tv games?

Callum?

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 3075 viewsCoastalblue

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 12:53 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

From what I can gather you and Callum have thrown the insults out. I just retold a true story.

Shall we have a look through your history?

Would you honestly go trawling back through someone's history to try and find something to call them out on?

The mind boggles.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 3074 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:09 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I didn't say it was. I am not allowed to insult you because Phil says he is fed up with dealing with abuse reporting.

Insult away. If you’ve got a problem, send me a pm and we’ll sort it lad.

You’re the one who seems to have a problem and get way to involved in this internet chat.

COYBs

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:28 - Feb 24 with 3064 viewsGarv

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:00 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

We could demand a better brand of football.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:30 - Feb 24 with 3051 viewsBiGDonnie

How are Preston doing so well on such a small budget? on 13:25 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Callum?

Three games this season.

Three too many I might add.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024