Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No early bird deadline extension 11:22 - Apr 26 with 4779 views12th_Man

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

No early bird deadline extension on 11:30 - Apr 26 with 4717 viewsITFC_Forever

It was never going to be.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No early bird deadline extension on 11:40 - Apr 26 with 4652 viewscarlisleaway

I think that is fare, if you support Ipswich it is not going to matter who is in charge next season. ME has given us the 10% reduction and for some this will never be good enough.
No early bird deadline extension on 11:50 - Apr 26 with 4612 viewsTendring_Blue

I think that's a shame. What annoys me is that it returns to the old price, the actual price has not come down 10%, so that's a bit of a stingy 10% cut really.

Still, I renewed and its all good for me. Just feel we would sell a few more if this went on until June.
No early bird deadline extension on 11:56 - Apr 26 with 4588 viewsBrixtonBlue

To be fair, the early bird deadline should be just that. If they just extend it every year it becomes meaningless.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No early bird deadline extension on 11:57 - Apr 26 with 4580 viewsGood_Evans

No early bird deadline extension on 11:56 - Apr 26 by BrixtonBlue

To be fair, the early bird deadline should be just that. If they just extend it every year it becomes meaningless.

This. Although when I tried to re-new last night the website was broken.

It's the participating that counts (allegedly).
Poll: Have you applied for a season ticket for 2018-19?

No early bird deadline extension on 11:58 - Apr 26 with 4576 viewsTendring_Blue

Yes that's fair. Just a shame prices cant come down across the board.

But they cut them and I'm happy.

Thanks for cutting them itfc!
No early bird deadline extension on 12:00 - Apr 26 with 4565 viewsTractorWood

I'd like to know who the manager is.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

No early bird deadline extension on 12:02 - Apr 26 with 4558 viewsBluebell

Agree. I know a lot of people may want to see who the manager is going to be but we would renew anyway and have done.

It Ipswich Town we support and will carry on going whoever the manager is.

If people have renewed and don't want to go when the new manager is announced, they can cancel their direct debits or ask for their money back.
Login to get fewer ads

No early bird deadline extension on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 4502 viewsdirtyboy

Whilst I agree to an extent, for someone buying a new season ticket, it's a bit like buying a holiday but not knowing where you're going.

Could end up in Bognor or the Bahamas.

I'm right on the verge of getting my first season ticket in 20 years, but i'm really put off by this.
No early bird deadline extension on 12:22 - Apr 26 with 4466 viewsSuperfrans

FWIW, I think they have to say this now, but will review this later depending on how many renewals they get. Not sure how many people pay by DD, but I imagine it's a very high proportion. And you'd have to make an active choice to cancel at this stage, which I can't imagine too many will do.

The question is whether people who cancelled last season will buy one for the coming season. And, if the club isn't happy with the level of sales and thinks a special offer in June will get an extra chunk of season tickets, maybe they'll offer a new deal then...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

No early bird deadline extension on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 4400 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

No early bird deadline extension on 12:00 - Apr 26 by TractorWood

I'd like to know everyone we're going to sign & sell as well as the exact scores of each of the 46 league games next season.

Then I'll consider renewing
No early bird deadline extension on 12:36 - Apr 26 with 4381 viewsPJH

No early bird deadline extension on 12:34 - Apr 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I'd like to know everyone we're going to sign & sell as well as the exact scores of each of the 46 league games next season.

Then I'll consider renewing

Surely you also need to know next season's possession percentages before considering renewing.
No early bird deadline extension on 12:38 - Apr 26 with 4369 viewsTractorWood

No early bird deadline extension on 12:22 - Apr 26 by Superfrans

FWIW, I think they have to say this now, but will review this later depending on how many renewals they get. Not sure how many people pay by DD, but I imagine it's a very high proportion. And you'd have to make an active choice to cancel at this stage, which I can't imagine too many will do.

The question is whether people who cancelled last season will buy one for the coming season. And, if the club isn't happy with the level of sales and thinks a special offer in June will get an extra chunk of season tickets, maybe they'll offer a new deal then...

Agree. A lot of people will be on the fence. The club aren't really in a position to tell semi-regulars what to do. 10% is trivial in the context of the overall outlay, time commitment and travel costs for most people in wider Suffolk. I love following Town but a ST as felt like a burden at times in the last few years coming from nearer Cambridge, especially on Tuesdays.

No early bird deadline extension on 12:45 - Apr 26 with 4332 viewsSuperfrans

Certainly, to announce (or even confirm) in advance that you're going to extend it defeats the entire purpose.

I'd not mind if they did make a special "Tony Mowbray offer" once we've appointed him though, maybe 5% off last seasons prices, or the same price as last season (which would be lower than next season's full price).

No early bird deadline extension on 12:45 - Apr 26 with 4329 viewsElderGrizzly

No early bird deadline extension on 12:22 - Apr 26 by Superfrans

Agree with you.

They'll extend if the numbers renewing is below 10,000 imo. It will be a simple business decision and a marketing exercise that follows the new manager announcement will have some kind of incentive.
No early bird deadline extension on 12:57 - Apr 26 with 4288 viewsSuperfrans

No early bird deadline extension on 12:38 - Apr 26 by TractorWood

Agree. A lot of people will be on the fence. The club aren't really in a position to tell semi-regulars what to do. 10% is trivial in the context of the overall outlay, time commitment and travel costs for most people in wider Suffolk. I love following Town but a ST as felt like a burden at times in the last few years coming from nearer Cambridge, especially on Tuesdays.

True. I must say though, the per match prices are crazy cheap. I can't imagine why anyone living in Ipswich, with even just a passing interest in football, wouldn't buy a season ticket. Especially when you can pay per month, without any interest charged.

Per match, cheapest STs:
Adult - £16.56
Senior - £12.00
U-23 - £9.00
U-19 - £4.61
U-12 - £1.96

(with apologies for stealing these from Grizzly's Twitter...)

No early bird deadline extension on 13:02 - Apr 26 with 4262 viewsSuperfrans

No early bird deadline extension on 12:14 - Apr 26 by dirtyboy

Whilst I agree to an extent, for someone buying a new season ticket, it's a bit like buying a holiday but not knowing where you're going.

Could end up in Bognor or the Bahamas.

I'm right on the verge of getting my first season ticket in 20 years, but i'm really put off by this.

Let me help.

First, it's full matches, not highlights. So some of it will be boring. That's live football.
It's the Championship, it won't be the kind of football you see on Sky's Premiership matches.
We're a mid-table Championship side, we'll win a few and lose a few.
But if you want to belong to something, if you want to watch the beginning of a new era, a group of players develop - especially some really excellent young talent - it'll be for you.

No early bird deadline extension on 13:42 - Apr 26 with 4149 viewshorsehollerer

I'm sure there'll be some sort of offer right after the new manager is announced, just to cash in on the (hopefully positive) interest, even if it is just the 10% off again for a couple of weeks.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

No early bird deadline extension on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 4103 viewssolemio

No early bird deadline extension on 12:00 - Apr 26 by TractorWood

You're almost unique. Virtually nobody else is even remotely interested in that.
No early bird deadline extension on 07:16 - Apr 28 with 3814 viewsTractorWood

No early bird deadline extension on 12:36 - Apr 26 by PJH

Surely you also need to know next season's possession percentages before considering renewing.

So a manager has never affected whether you go or not then?

No early bird deadline extension on 07:21 - Apr 28 with 3807 viewsPJH

No early bird deadline extension on 07:16 - Apr 28 by TractorWood

So a manager has never affected whether you go or not then?

Certainly has, as you know.
Actually the stories about Stam are worrying to me but I renewed last night anyway thank you.

The percentage possession thing was just a reflection on the seeming leaning towards the importance of such things in the media when it seems to me and has always seemed to me that the only thing that really matters is the result of the game.
No early bird deadline extension on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 3718 viewscooperd5

No early bird deadline extension on 07:21 - Apr 28 by PJH

Actually the stories about Stam are worrying to me but I renewed last night anyway thank you.

The percentage possession thing was just a reflection on the seeming leaning towards the importance of such things in the media when it seems to me and has always seemed to me that the only thing that really matters is the result of the game.

The club did say they would have a new manager before EB ended. Slightly unfair if they don't extend it until the announcement IMO
No early bird deadline extension on 09:54 - Apr 28 with 3708 viewswkj

No early bird deadline extension on 09:51 - Apr 28 by cooperd5

The club did say they would have a new manager before EB ended. Slightly unfair if they don't extend it until the announcement IMO

Did they? I thought they just said the situation revolving around MM's contract would be made clear.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No early bird deadline extension on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 3636 viewshorsehollerer

No early bird deadline extension on 07:21 - Apr 28 by PJH

ME said he wanted a manager who could play football "from" the back, not "across" the back. Fingers crossed he knows the difference!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

No early bird deadline extension on 18:29 - Apr 30 with 3489 viewscooperd5

No early bird deadline extension on 09:54 - Apr 28 by wkj

Did they? I thought they just said the situation revolving around MM's contract would be made clear.

ah you may be right...

Anyhoo, after a year off I've just got me and my lad STs (not STIs lol) in SBR lower :-)
Better be entertaining! Here's hoping anyway :-)
Coops
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024