Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 point deduction for Bolton 07:50 - Sep 11 with 5415 viewsMaySixth

that will help us

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 07:57 - Sep 11 with 5396 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

They could still go above us by the end of next weekend!

It’s typical of our luck they have started so well. They’ve almost mitigated a points deduction which might be clever on their part.

Have they felt administration is inevitable so done it when they are flying and can easily take it on the chin? They’ve got 11 points. They know they aren’t going up.

Not sure if you can choose when to enter it but if they can they may have been very smart moving forward the inevitable.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:25 - Sep 11 with 5179 viewsCurrie10

12 point deduction for Bolton on 07:57 - Sep 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

They could still go above us by the end of next weekend!

It’s typical of our luck they have started so well. They’ve almost mitigated a points deduction which might be clever on their part.

Have they felt administration is inevitable so done it when they are flying and can easily take it on the chin? They’ve got 11 points. They know they aren’t going up.

Not sure if you can choose when to enter it but if they can they may have been very smart moving forward the inevitable.

They'd still be behind us, but if they won / we lost we'd be very close together.

Bolton + Birmingham both look in a bit of a mess.

Other clubs too.

While I'm not happy with how we're doing, I'm pleased we're not going to go down this route of overspend.
12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 5160 viewsRadlett_blue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:25 - Sep 11 by Currie10

They'd still be behind us, but if they won / we lost we'd be very close together.

Other clubs too.

While I'm not happy with how we're doing, I'm pleased we're not going to go down this route of overspend.

No - the new owners want to settle with finance company Blue Marble, who seem to be the drivers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:33 - Sep 11 with 5140 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Perhaps the most helpful thing from an ITFC view long term might be clubs realising that they will be deducted 12 points and that FFP does actually have some sort of implication.

This is not an FFP punishment, it's a Bolton debt issue, but the wider issue could make some clubs rethink and even the playing field a tiny bit more.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:44 - Sep 11 with 5098 viewsCurrie10

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:33 - Sep 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Perhaps the most helpful thing from an ITFC view long term might be clubs realising that they will be deducted 12 points and that FFP does actually have some sort of implication.

This is not an FFP punishment, it's a Bolton debt issue, but the wider issue could make some clubs rethink and even the playing field a tiny bit more.

The allowed £39 mill losses over 3 years need to be dramatically reduced if you ask me.

I'm sure the clubs were allowed to vote on the losses allowed, and they agreed £39 mill - far higher than originally proposed.

Like people say, until clubs start getting penalised - will they be perturbed from overspending?

Birmingham have gone from a small profit, to massive losses. Redknapp will get the finger pointed at him by many - however it's in no way his fault. It's down to the people at Birmingham to offer players sensible ££££ - not the wages they are clearly on.
12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:47 - Sep 11 with 5089 viewsJ2BLUE

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:44 - Sep 11 by Currie10

The allowed £39 mill losses over 3 years need to be dramatically reduced if you ask me.

I'm sure the clubs were allowed to vote on the losses allowed, and they agreed £39 mill - far higher than originally proposed.

Like people say, until clubs start getting penalised - will they be perturbed from overspending?

Birmingham have gone from a small profit, to massive losses. Redknapp will get the finger pointed at him by many - however it's in no way his fault. It's down to the people at Birmingham to offer players sensible ££££ - not the wages they are clearly on.

I wonder if these deductions will help anyone who made bold predictions...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 10:20 - Sep 11 with 4995 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'd rather Town stayed out of the bottom three on their own performances, rather than another side being deducted 12 points,

Imagine if we stayed up because of this. For me it would be strange, like a guilty man getting off on a technicality. I'd honestly prefer to get relegated.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 4883 viewsKieran_Knows

Doesn't look like they'll be going in to administration after all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

12 point deduction for Bolton on 11:36 - Sep 11 with 4782 viewsCurrie10

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:47 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I wonder if these deductions will help anyone who made bold predictions...

Haha can’t do any harm
12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:03 - Sep 11 with 4690 viewsGluedtoBlue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 10:20 - Sep 11 by The_Last_Baron

I'd rather Town stayed out of the bottom three on their own performances, rather than another side being deducted 12 points,

Imagine if we stayed up because of this. For me it would be strange, like a guilty man getting off on a technicality. I'd honestly prefer to get relegated.

I'd rather we stayed up based on performances too...

But if we finish 4th from bottom because a team has a points deduction then happy days.

It's like saying you wouldn't want to win the playoff final in a 'hand of God's scenario....I wouldn't care less.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:40 - Sep 11 with 4593 viewsThe_Last_Baron

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:03 - Sep 11 by GluedtoBlue

I'd rather we stayed up based on performances too...

But if we finish 4th from bottom because a team has a points deduction then happy days.

It's like saying you wouldn't want to win the playoff final in a 'hand of God's scenario....I wouldn't care less.

Winning promotion due to cheating would leave a very empty feeling. In sport you have to win playing fair, otherwise what's the point.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:55 - Sep 11 with 4523 viewsOldsmoker

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:29 - Sep 11 by Radlett_blue

No - the new owners want to settle with finance company Blue Marble, who seem to be the drivers.

Administration is not something you enter into lightly especially as there is additional penalties if your business is a football club.
Like you say, this time it's being forced by a creditor.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 12:56]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:57 - Sep 11 with 4510 viewsBrixtonBlue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:40 - Sep 11 by The_Last_Baron

Winning promotion due to cheating would leave a very empty feeling. In sport you have to win playing fair, otherwise what's the point.

But it's Bolton who have done the cheating, not us.

If they get hit by a 12 point punishment then so be it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 13:04 - Sep 11 with 4470 viewshype313

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:57 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think this is about cheating,it's about not being able to payback creditors, thus potentially going into admin.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

12 point deduction for Bolton on 14:03 - Sep 11 with 4327 viewsBrixtonBlue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 13:04 - Sep 11 by hype313

I don't think this is about cheating,it's about not being able to payback creditors, thus potentially going into admin.

Fair point, although you could argue spending beyond your means so that you end up in admin is cheating. Or else why the hefty points deduction?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 14:06 - Sep 11 with 4321 viewsPinewoodblue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 13:04 - Sep 11 by hype313

Think they have other loans due to be repaid before season ends so may just be a stay of execution.

Wonder if the Taxman is waiting in the wings.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

12 point deduction for Bolton on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 4279 viewsLeagueOne

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:25 - Sep 11 by Currie10

Other clubs too.

Not sure austerity is working particularly well for us either - however Brighton, Bournemouth and co who didn't go the Evans route are both financially stable and in the top flight.We just owe nearly 100million to our owner and are favourites for the drop, while celebrating Bolton getting 12 points knocked off because we're doing so poorly.

I know which shoes i'd rather be in! I wouldn't be celebrating our strategy just yet...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

12 point deduction for Bolton on 15:15 - Sep 11 with 4222 viewsGeoffSentence

12 point deduction for Bolton on 09:44 - Sep 11 by Currie10

It's never Harry at fault.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

12 point deduction for Bolton on 20:38 - Sep 11 with 3927 viewsGluedtoBlue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:40 - Sep 11 by The_Last_Baron

Agree it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying to look back on but you'd rather that than miss out. I would anyway.

I seem to recall many fans idolising Danny Haynes for a particular goal against Norwich...

12 point deduction for Bolton on 20:46 - Sep 11 with 3905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

12 point deduction for Bolton on 12:57 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

The cheating reference was in response to a "hand of God" comparison.

Administration is more to do with mismanagement than cheating.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

12 point deduction for Bolton on 20:51 - Sep 11 with 3888 viewsFreddy

12 point deduction for Bolton on 10:55 - Sep 11 by Kieran_Knows

Doesn't look like they'll be going in to administration after all.

Looks like they've been saved as an offer was accepted this afternoon, good news for their fans
12 point deduction for Bolton on 21:25 - Sep 11 with 3835 viewsGluedtoBlue

To clarify the cheating comments...it was trying to reference when gaining from something that isn't truly earned is acceptable. Something that will vary person to person.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024