Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. 09:05 - Sep 23 with 1996 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's 5 years old and has an Ipswich kit and a Sunderland kit (his mums side of the family).

My initial thought was that I couldn't bring myself to buy him a City kit, but to be fair, he was born in Manchester, and what case can I really put forward for supporting Ipswich?

I've only really had 3 enjoyable seasons from a lifetime of supporting Ipswich, and seeing how depressed the fans are and all the bickering on here, I'm not convinced it's a roses future.

I'll keep plugging away for Ipswich, but don't feel I can condemn my son to being an Ipswich fan with no compelling reason.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 09:19 - Sep 23 with 1941 viewsMattinLondon

How many city fans were there ten years ago? Football changes quickly (sometimes). He probably won't understand that. Failing th st take him to as many Town games as possible.
My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 09:29 - Sep 23 with 1897 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 09:19 - Sep 23 by MattinLondon

How many city fans were there ten years ago? Football changes quickly (sometimes). He probably won't understand that. Failing th st take him to as many Town games as possible.

Ha, taking him to town games will be the nail in the coffin!! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 1794 viewsfactual_blue

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 09:19 - Sep 23 by MattinLondon

Remind him that there are only 3007 true Man City fans.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/night-manch

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 11:34 - Sep 23 with 1785 viewsMullet

My friend used to work for an adoption agency if you need the number.

I've got all this to come.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 1666 viewsJ2BLUE

It's time to love bomb the little man.

Get him a Junior Blues membership
Take him to the club shop to see the pitch
Show him the play off final DVD
Show him the statues of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby. Explain who they are.
Book a stadium tour
Always wear blue when he's wearing his Town shirt so he's like daddy
Get him to fly the flag if he's interested

We need him. Fight for his soul.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 13:43 - Sep 23 with 1615 viewsWonky

Remember all the kids in Newcastle tops?. One day it will all end for city.
My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 14:10 - Sep 23 with 1573 viewsBaaBaaBlue

I tried taking my nephews along to Town a few times, hoping they'd become supporters.. inevitably, once they hit school, their peers are a much bigger influence..
I have a great relationship with them, so I guess we'll probably just go watch the odd game in the future, me as a Town fan, them as football fans, probably supporting Spurs or City I guess and Town as their 2nd side
My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 14:35 - Sep 23 with 1519 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 18:23 - Sep 23 with 1413 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My son has asked for a Man City kit for xmas. on 14:35 - Sep 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Just don’t let them buy championship or possible championship sides shirts
Also they won’t wear them more than 1yr
Other countries best clubs usually is ok
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024