Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12:39 - Nov 20 with 5267 views_

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:42 - Nov 20 with 3455 viewsitfcjoe

I saw something about their record over last 18-19 games and it is absolutely shocking.

They don't embrace the dual nationals likes Wales are, when players who are thinking about playing for them don't commit 100% then there is an attitude from senior pros and Keane that they don't deserve to be in the squad and should be binned off.

There is no massaging of Millenial players egos, like Wales had to with David Brooks to get him in the system and shows a massive lack of understanding of the modern international game where there are lots of players with dual nationality and you need to sell them why they need to come to you, not the other way round.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:44 - Nov 20 with 3447 viewsKieran_Knows

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:42 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

I saw something about their record over last 18-19 games and it is absolutely shocking.

They don't embrace the dual nationals likes Wales are, when players who are thinking about playing for them don't commit 100% then there is an attitude from senior pros and Keane that they don't deserve to be in the squad and should be binned off.

There is no massaging of Millenial players egos, like Wales had to with David Brooks to get him in the system and shows a massive lack of understanding of the modern international game where there are lots of players with dual nationality and you need to sell them why they need to come to you, not the other way round.

The shambles surrounding Declan Rice can't help their cause either, with regards to dual nationals.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:44 - Nov 20 with 3448 viewsSuperblue95

O Neill is doing a good job. The decent crop of players we have had are gone and there's nobody coming through to replace them.

It was great seeing Ireland qualify for a couple of Euros in recent years as based on the talent available and the way they've played when I've watched them in the past year they won't qualify for a tournament for a long time.

Sad times

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 3429 viewsitfcjoe

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

The shambles surrounding Declan Rice can't help their cause either, with regards to dual nationals.

Ireland don't produce any players, all their players come through English academies but yet they seem precious about a Londoner like Declan Rice, or a Brummie like Jack Grealish not being 100% sure about committing to them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 3430 views_

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:42 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 3401 views_

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Superblue95

O Neill is doing a good job. The decent crop of players we have had are gone and there's nobody coming through to replace them.

It was great seeing Ireland qualify for a couple of Euros in recent years as based on the talent available and the way they've played when I've watched them in the past year they won't qualify for a tournament for a long time.

Sad times

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 3397 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Superblue95

Sad times

No he's not.

The quality of football is abysmal, no goal, no shots on target.

Northern Ireland played them off the park, against Denmark they never looked like scoring. True they might not have the players at the moment but there's no excuse for the dross being served up.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:54 - Nov 20 with 3364 viewsThe_Last_Baron

on 12:46 - Nov 20 by _

Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damian Duff, Shay Given etc - the early 2000s team was full of Premier League players and some were top quality. The youth teams during the late 90s won tournaments and this led to a very good side in the early 2000s.

Ireland could have reached the final of the 2002 World Cup had Keane not walked out. Even then had they won the penalty shoot-out against Spain anything was possible.

Login to get fewer ads

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:56 - Nov 20 with 3352 viewsSuperblue95

on 12:49 - Nov 20 by _

I've lived in Ireland since the age of seven and most my mates here are of the opinion that O'Neill is doing ok but that the pool of players just isn't there.

If another manager can come in and do a better job than fantastic but anyone who expects us to be doing better than we are is delusional.

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 3338 viewsSuperblue95

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:49 - Nov 20 by The_Last_Baron

No he's not.

The quality of football is abysmal, no goal, no shots on target.

Northern Ireland played them off the park, against Denmark they never looked like scoring. True they might not have the players at the moment but there's no excuse for the dross being served up.

I get your point but who realistically would do a better job? I can't think of anybody who would improve the current lot

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:59 - Nov 20 with 3323 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:58 - Nov 20 by Superblue95

I get your point but who realistically would do a better job? I can't think of anybody who would improve the current lot

Stephen Kenny at a fraction of the cost.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 13:00]

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:00 - Nov 20 with 3317 viewsGeoffSentence

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:58 - Nov 20 by Superblue95

Paul Lambert

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:01 - Nov 20 with 3312 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Have to say it can't be great playing for the Rep at the minute with Keane growling on the sideline.

Last night every time the camera showed the bench he looked like a man chewing a wasp.

on 13:01 - Nov 20 with 3310 views_

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:54 - Nov 20 by The_Last_Baron

Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damian Duff, Shay Given etc - the early 2000s team was full of Premier League players and some were top quality. The youth teams during the late 90s won tournaments and this led to a very good side in the early 2000s.

Ireland could have reached the final of the 2002 World Cup had Keane not walked out. Even then had they won the penalty shoot-out against Spain anything was possible.

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:03 - Nov 20 with 3299 viewsSuperblue95

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 12:59 - Nov 20 by The_Last_Baron

Stephen Kenny at a fraction of the cost.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 13:00]

There's nothing to suggest he's a better option though

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:04 - Nov 20 with 3290 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:03 - Nov 20 by Superblue95

There's nothing to suggest he's a better option though

He couldn't be any worse if you look at recent performances.

on 13:09 - Nov 20 with 3269 views_

eh, this and that (n/t) on 13:13 - Nov 20 with 3262 viewsDyland

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:01 - Nov 20 by The_Last_Baron

Have to say it can't be great playing for the Rep at the minute with Keane growling on the sideline.

Last night every time the camera showed the bench he looked like a man chewing a wasp.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:20 - Nov 20 with 3235 viewschristiand

On the paper, they look a very poor international side. Plenty of endeavour, with not much quality and no obvious cutting edge. As an outsider looking in they do appear like they have gone backwards over the last couple of seasons. Think Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane are going to struggle even more with this current squad, that's if they are both retained when their contracts are up of course, they both appear under a lot of pressure at the moment.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 13:27 - Nov 20 with 3198 views_

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:20 - Nov 20 by christiand

On the paper, they look a very poor international side. Plenty of endeavour, with not much quality and no obvious cutting edge. As an outsider looking in they do appear like they have gone backwards over the last couple of seasons. Think Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane are going to struggle even more with this current squad, that's if they are both retained when their contracts are up of course, they both appear under a lot of pressure at the moment.

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:53 - Nov 20 with 3128 viewsBlueBadger

Sad times

And then there's the drag factor of Keane to consider as well. It's a miracle they're even remotely competitive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 14:04 - Nov 20 with 3111 viewsMoriarty

The problem is the FAI who are an utter shambles. On what I’ve heard, a thorough audit and analysis of expenditure and expenses would make a number of individuals somewhat uncomfortable.

Our sports minister is also an idiot.

An amateur organization, the GAA, (Manages Irish sports) have been successful in developing their games and structures and are hugely successful. Irish rugby is also riding high.

Irish football needs to terminate the FAI. And the present club structure and nonsense league of Ireland. A structure like GAA (county) to establish a structure and facilities for youngsters so they can do their stuff here without having to move to the UK is needed. And proper people running the show.

Tapping into our own potential is crucial. To do that, the utter sh:t heap that is the FAI and it’s cronies must be obliterated.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 14:06]

fka omuircheartaigh

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 16:06 - Nov 20 with 2998 viewsrickw

To me the Republic's squad still looks stronger than Northern Ireland's however in recent years Northern Ireland have had a lot more success.

So although this isn't the strongest Ireland squad, they are no longer greater than the sum of their parts which they definitely were in the past especially under Charlton and McCarthy..

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 16:09 - Nov 20 with 2988 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:09 - Nov 20 by _

Barry Glendenning was crying out for Mick to take over on this week's Guardian Football Podcast... He should be careful what he wishes for.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 16:09]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 16:13 - Nov 20 with 2972 viewsGeoffSentence

Just had a look over the Republic of Ireland side that played Denmark... on 13:53 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

And then there's the drag factor of Keane to consider as well. It's a miracle they're even remotely competitive.

How are they going to win anything with him as the assistant manager.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024