Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked 15:42 - Apr 20 with 1305 viewsSteve_M

Caveats apply as there is a lag in reporting and, obviously, that excludes non-hospital deaths but the figures for deaths by date of death, rather than by that of announcement, might be a cause for very cautious optimism:

The date for the 20th is on that link and follows the trend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 15:47 - Apr 20 with 1270 viewsBloomBlue

Hopefully that means we can head to the pub at the weekend
Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:18 - Apr 20 with 1212 viewslinhdi

With the caveat that weekend reports tend to be low, so there is a fair bit more to add, especially to recent days, there's a real sign of levelling out around the 500-600 per day mark. We are following the patterns of Italy and Spain, slightly above both per trend - they saw roughly a halving from their peak number, but only a very slow decline from then on.

Could well be that isolation measures have done a lot to protect the 80%(?) of the population who are isolated, with new deaths from here on likely due to post-isolation infection within hospitals, other essential workers ( emergency services, care workers etc) and within families of those who have had the bug.

A senior medic from Manchester was on 5 Live earlier, saying he thought the peak had passed, as his hospital saw no new deaths yesterday. (I got the impression even he was a bit surprised).

The end of the beginning is in sight. But I don't expect pubs or football grounds to open up for many months. Sadly.
Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 1177 viewsStokieBlue

That could be great news as you say, especially since ICU's didn't seem to be overwhelmed at the peak (although Badger has said care homes took some of the brunt).

The real issue here though is what percentage of the population has actually had it as the studies coming out at the moment are all over the place. Some say a high percentage have had it and others say only 5-15% have had it.

If it's the later then there is the possibility of further significant waves.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 1163 viewsBloomBlue

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:18 - Apr 20 by linhdi

With the caveat that weekend reports tend to be low, so there is a fair bit more to add, especially to recent days, there's a real sign of levelling out around the 500-600 per day mark. We are following the patterns of Italy and Spain, slightly above both per trend - they saw roughly a halving from their peak number, but only a very slow decline from then on.

Could well be that isolation measures have done a lot to protect the 80%(?) of the population who are isolated, with new deaths from here on likely due to post-isolation infection within hospitals, other essential workers ( emergency services, care workers etc) and within families of those who have had the bug.

A senior medic from Manchester was on 5 Live earlier, saying he thought the peak had passed, as his hospital saw no new deaths yesterday. (I got the impression even he was a bit surprised).

The end of the beginning is in sight. But I don't expect pubs or football grounds to open up for many months. Sadly.

Damn Linhdi, just as I was looking forward to popping down the pub at the weekend you killed my enthusiasm
Last Monday we were at 717.... on 16:37 - Apr 20 with 1144 viewsBloots

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:33 - Apr 20 by BloomBlue

Damn Linhdi, just as I was looking forward to popping down the pub at the weekend you killed my enthusiasm

….so whilst Mondays are usually low, it's still about 37% down on last week.

I reckon it'll be all over by Friday.

Looking forward to Donny away on Saturday now.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:38 - Apr 20 with 1144 viewsMercian

Good news. To use a football analogy we have just gone one up but the opposition is laying siege to our goal. Time for the defence to hold out. This is no time to switch off.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 16:40]
Last Monday we were at 717.... on 16:43 - Apr 20 with 1120 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last Monday we were at 717.... on 16:37 - Apr 20 by Bloots

….so whilst Mondays are usually low, it's still about 37% down on last week.

I reckon it'll be all over by Friday.

Looking forward to Donny away on Saturday now.

1-0 down after three minutes after a Tiwn defender boasts the ball off his team mate’s are and it dips over Norris who is well off his line.. Well have most the possession for the remainder of the game but not manage a shot on target.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:19 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewshomer_123

This is starting to back up the comms from the Gov last week that they felt the NHS was in a position to 'manage' this without being over burdened.

The other caveat of course is what is happening outside Hospitals, as you say....care homes etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:20 - Apr 20 with 1051 viewsBloomBlue

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 16:38 - Apr 20 by Mercian

Good news. To use a football analogy we have just gone one up but the opposition is laying siege to our goal. Time for the defence to hold out. This is no time to switch off.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 16:40]

I'm just waiting for the '2 mins of injury time hold out Town' followed by 'corner' and people saying 'who them or us' but before we get an answer we see loads of.....FFS.. NOT again Town, how many f**king times do we let a lead slip
Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:25 - Apr 20 with 1040 viewsEwan_Oozami

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:20 - Apr 20 by BloomBlue

I'm just waiting for the '2 mins of injury time hold out Town' followed by 'corner' and people saying 'who them or us' but before we get an answer we see loads of.....FFS.. NOT again Town, how many f**king times do we let a lead slip

Doesn't matter whose corner it is, we're quite capable of conceding from either...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:44 - Apr 20 with 1006 viewsGuthrum

Also interesting is that the positive-tests-in-hospital daily figure (as issued by the DHSC) has been broadly stable - albeit fluctuating within a fairly wide band* - for ten days now.

* Ranging from a low of 4,342 to a high of 5,850.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Did you type that with your todger? (n/t) on 17:49 - Apr 20 with 983 viewsBloots

Last Monday we were at 717.... on 16:43 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

1-0 down after three minutes after a Tiwn defender boasts the ball off his team mate’s are and it dips over Norris who is well off his line.. Well have most the possession for the remainder of the game but not manage a shot on target.

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:52 - Apr 20 with 980 viewsMercian

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:19 - Apr 20 by homer_123

This is starting to back up the comms from the Gov last week that they felt the NHS was in a position to 'manage' this without being over burdened.

The other caveat of course is what is happening outside Hospitals, as you say....care homes etc.

Care homes went under the radar and so did the appreciation of the carers. An NHS nurse is on at least a reasonable wage (in normal circumstances that is) where a lot of carers only earn minimum wage. Any of them can quit at anytime but I am not hearing of such happening. An extra clap for them on Thursday.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 17:53]
All of the private and independant hospitals have..... on 17:56 - Apr 20 with 965 viewsBloots

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 17:19 - Apr 20 by homer_123

….turned over their beds to the NHS and are not performing any private treatment.

I assume this is common knowledge.

What perhaps isn't common knowledge is that in total all of the private and independent hospitals in the UK have only seen 15 (that's 15) C19 patients.

Also the Nightingale (London) only has 40 patients and the NIghtingale (Manchester) has approximately 20.

No real thrust to this other than pointing it out.

Some evidence that hospital deaths in the UK have peaked on 18:05 - Apr 20 with 952 viewssparks

It also suggests that perhaps things were quite well judged based ont eh science. We look like flattening the curve in a way which has ensured none of our health services have been genuinely overwhelmed (that is not to belittle the pressure they have undoubtedly worked under). That was always said to be the strategy.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 18:12]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

All of the private and independant hospitals have..... on 18:14 - Apr 20 with 932 viewshomer_123

All of the private and independant hospitals have..... on 17:56 - Apr 20 by Bloots

….turned over their beds to the NHS and are not performing any private treatment.

I assume this is common knowledge.

What perhaps isn't common knowledge is that in total all of the private and independent hospitals in the UK have only seen 15 (that's 15) C19 patients.

Also the Nightingale (London) only has 40 patients and the NIghtingale (Manchester) has approximately 20.

No real thrust to this other than pointing it out.

Where do those figures come from Bloots?

I'm glad we planned for the worst and had all that in place and potentially not needed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's common knowledge, but of course.... on 19:01 - Apr 20 with 881 viewsBloots

All of the private and independant hospitals have..... on 18:14 - Apr 20 by homer_123

Where do those figures come from Bloots?

I'm glad we planned for the worst and had all that in place and potentially not needed.

....nobody wants to really bang on about it because it would be seen as a bit "elitist" and not exactly public spirited I guess.

But there's a real concern that people needing urgent treatment for non C19 issues (whether it's private or not) aren't getting the treatment they need.

https://www.healthinsuranceandprotection.com/healthcare/frustration-as-private-h

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024